[Name Only Title] Bryan Hoyer

Stallions

The 33 year old vet is available after the Pats released him today.  Maybe a great source of information and a good back-up if either Allen or Barkley get nicked?  His salary was $915,00 in '18 but was to jump to $2mil this season.   

• Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stallions said:

The 33 year old vet is available after the Pats released him today.  Maybe a great source of information and a good back-up if either Allen or Barkley get nicked?  His salary was $915,00 in '18 but was to jump to $2mil this season.   

This is such an overused cliche

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love that some reacted to my post yet couldn’t even response.  On what planet is Matt Barkley better than Hoyer?  Just because a guy is the Bills doesn’t mean you should just make up things.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/12477/brian-hoyer

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattbarkley/2539308/profile

I'm as critical of any Bills quarterback when I think it is deserved. If I had to choose a starter for the Bills if Allen went down, I would pick Barkley in a heartbeat over Hoyer. This is based on recent on field production. Are you honestly telling me if Allen got hurt, you would rather sign Hoyer and have him play over Barkley?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

I'm as critical of any Bills quarterback when I think it is deserved. If I had to choose a starter for the Bills if Allen went down, I would pick Barkley in a heartbeat over Hoyer. This is based on recent on field production. Are you honestly telling me if Allen got hurt, you would rather sign Hoyer and have him play over Barkley?

Yes, I would rather have the guy that has a 83 qb rating, won 16 games in his career, and started a playoff game than a guy with a 68.3 qb rating and won 2 games in his career.  Is this ever a serious question?

and I know it won’t happen but in a perfect world, you should always be looking to upgrade your roster.  Hoyer is better than Barkley and it’s not debatable. 

Hoyer had some success when he played for Cleveland.  I'm assuming he has more wins when starting than Barkley.  Barkley has the twin advantages of youth (compared with Hoyer) and experience with Daboll's offense.  I think the benefit of familiarity with New England's offense is pretty minimal.  McDermott and Frazier are already pretty familiar with the stuff the Patriots do on offense.  If Belichick had any inkling that a former Patriot was giving away Patriot signals to another team, he change the signals up to throw them off.  Buffalo will be further ahead by Josh Allen becoming really proficient in his reads, both pre-snap and post-snap.  If Buffalo adds another QB and I think they will) it will be to the PS, which means it's going to be a young one.

46 minutes ago, Stallions said:

Don't we still have notes from when we got all the information after we signed Matt Cassel?

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes, I would rather have the guy that has a 83 qb rating, won 16 games in his career, and started a playoff game than a guy with a 68.3 qb rating and won 2 games in his career.  Is this ever a serious question?

and I know it won’t happen but in a perfect world, you should always be looking to upgrade your roster.  Hoyer is better than Barkley and it’s not debatable. 

You don't take into consideration how a young QB can mature and get better over time? Not all quarterbacks are good day one of their careers. The Hoyer of today is NOT better than the Barkley of today. If you're right, then the Bills will cut Barkley and pick up Hoyer today. But you know they will not. I know you will make up excuses like Barkley knows the playbook, blah blah blah. But the simple truth is that Hoyer is old, and Barkley is just better than he is. Look at the Jets game he won last year. Who do you think led the league in completion percentage this preseason? Yep, Barkley. We don't go by the 83 gb rating or the 16 wins in a career because as the old adage says, statistics are for losers!!!