Kirwan on the trade with Arizona

VABills

henry for their 2nd round pick straight up does the trick for me.

297875[/snapback]

I'd be thrilled if we could get a 2nd round pick for Henry. Last season I thought we'd be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him.

RTB

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#3 Ricky "smoke um if you got um" Williams

297764[/snapback]

that was not a terrible trade, since they did get production out of wicky, they got rid of him because they had another valuable back in Deuce McAllister. I would say the Lomonica trade was far worse, as Al Davis basically told Ralph to "turn around and touch your toes"

I didn't think that was a bad trade.  The Saints got a hell of a player, too bad he's a nutcase.  If he had his head screwed on straight he might be mentioned with the all-time greats of the game.  Giving up picks 1-7 is worth that in my mind.  Let's put it this way.  If you could draft Thurman Thomas' clone coming out of college in exchange for every draft pick in a draft would you do it?  I sure would.

297021[/snapback]

I don't agree. Not only did the Saints give up picks 3- 7 to move up a few slots in the first round, but they gave up next year's #1 pick. That pick turned out to be the 2nd overall in the draft. Giving up two top ten picks (including #2 overall) plus a bunch of lower round picks is too high a price to pay for anyone but a Hall of Fame QB.

I don't agree. Not only did the Saints give up picks 3- 7 to move up a few slots in the first round, but they gave up next year's #1 pick. That pick turned out to be the 2nd overall in the draft. Giving up two top ten picks (including #2 overall) plus a bunch of lower round picks is too high a price to pay for anyone but a Hall of Fame QB.

297934[/snapback]

Players drafted with the picks Ditka traded for Ricky Williams:

1-12-1999 Chicago Bears QB Cade McNown

3-71-1999 Chicago Bears WR D'Wayne Bates

4-107-1999 Washington Redskins LB Nate Stimson

5-144-1999 Chicago Bears LB Khari Samuel

6-179-1999 Denver Broncos TE Desmond Clark

7-218-1999 Denver Broncos WR Billy Miller

1-2-2000 Washington Redskins LB La'Var Arrington

3-64-2000 Washington Redskins DB Lloyd Harrison

Not exactly a list filled with players who're household names. Arrington is the only name there of any substance and he's more flash than anything.

I would say the Lomonica trade was far worse, as Al Davis basically told Ralph to "turn around and touch your toes"

297903[/snapback]

Despite the soft RB market, we need to get more than just 14 spots in the second round for Travis. If he won't back up Willis, I'd Peca him.. although that didn't work out so well.

It's been documented that Ralph bought an illegal secret ownership interest in the Raiders to keep them afloat. I always wondered if that was before, during or after trading young strong Daryl Lamonica for old washed up Tom Flores.