*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I really hope the Bills schedule lines up a couple weekends with UB home games. 🤞

We will see…. 

I will say MO’s MO as a recruiter is showing … we have dogs .. beefy line ….

3-4 headed monster at RB…. Ron cook Jr is back .. al jay henderson …mike Washington …. Joe Giggie the RS walk on from fairport earned a scholarship eventually in my mind 

Nik McMillan is 100% the next great UB wide receiver … and he’s a buffalo kid …. He’s gonna be a more polished Anthony Johnson … and he’ has 4 year’s eligibility 

Devin Grant is an NFL player at safety for the bulls… he will be a star for the bulls …. They Need to keep him for the next couple years so he graduates with us

Because he is legit

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

@PromoTheRobot

also I think WNY QB Cole Snyder is firmly entrenched to start the season ….

but California JUCO QB Gunnar Grey really brought the fight to win the backup job

and Cole should feel heat

We start against Wisconsin. How cool would a B1G10 upset be? Opening day is when those happen.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We start against Wisconsin. How cool would a B1G10 upset be? Opening day is when those happen.

It would be sweeeeeet…. I will say that they do not run a modern offense so if we can stop the power run… always a chance 

but they will have 75k there 

oh boy!

Edited by Buffalo716

On 4/14/2023 at 5:44 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

The problem with UB Bull merch is the Athletic dept not having their act together.

And why is that? That is there job is it not? To grow much need revenue for UB football and basketball? This isn’t 1999 when UB athletics were new learning the ins and outs of Division I FBS football and basketball it’s been 25 years. We shouldn’t be making mistakes like that after 25 years ridiculous in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

And why is that? That is there job is it not? To grow much need revenue for UB football and basketball? This isn’t 1999 when UB athletics were new learning the ins and outs of Division I FBS football and basketball it’s been 25 years. We shouldn’t be making mistakes like that after 25 years ridiculous in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The football team will be very good this year my friend 

take it all in 

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The football team will be very good this year my friend 

take it all in 

19 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Should be a great season in Amherst if anyone cares to show up and see it

Well said.

a track around the football field like some small town high school.

They are still learning the ins and outs of Div 1 standards

FYI, sometime in summer UB football runs a flash sale on tickets. $13 incl fees for any game. That's like less than half price. I'll post something when they announce it.

I don't know anyone in the Athletic department but dealing with them, even just buying a ticket at the box office for basketball, gives a vibe that they aren't the best organized group.

And forget about getting nice merch. Not to mention there's different merch depending if you buy online or in-person at the campus bookstore. They really need to correct that. Offer more and a better selection online. That's just basic.

On 4/26/2023 at 9:18 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I did get to watch

we look loaded…. I believe In Mo now 💯 

I don’t believe in Maurice Linquist. Most of the UB Bulls football credit recruiting wise goes to the UB Bulls facilities thanks largely to the generousity of the Murchie family and the UB private donors that is why UB Bulls football is successful today in the MAC. I believe in the UB generous donors yes. The whole UB Bulls football setup will win for decades to come in the MAC that is what is so sad that it’s ignored for the most part by the Western New York sports fans.

I have followed the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres longer than the UB Bulls and I don’t have the trust or belief in neither of those two teams ever winning anything under PSE terrible leadership. UB Bulls football is set up to win more so then either the Buffalo Bills or the Buffalo Sabres. Trust me Maurice Linquist will win regardless of his questionable in game coaching decisions and he will move on at some point. Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres fan who doesn’t really don’t go or follows the UB Bulls other than from a casual distance will say that UB Bulls suck now because Maurice Linquist left. Which isn’t the case but to them the sky is falling to make up for there own limitations as a sports fan in Buffalo when it comes to UB Bulls football or anything that isn’t Buffalo Bills and maybe they will mix in a Buffalo Sabres game.

Believe me I have lived in Buffalo for 55 years and counting. Buffalo sports fan wouldn’t know a good deal and a winner if I spotted them the wi in win. Because Buffalo isn’t a college sports town unfortunately anymore which is sad but it is what it is todays. UB Bulls football season tickets are $125 and free parking while Buffalo Bills fans are lined up to sign finance contracts to buy Buffalo Bills PSL’s let that sink

in and UB Bulls football won three bowl games in four years in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

On 5/3/2023 at 2:18 AM, I am leaving for good said:

I don’t believe in Maurice Linquist. Most of the UB Bulls football credit recruiting wise goes to the UB Bulls facilities thanks largely to the generousity of the Murchie family and the UB private donors that is why UB Bulls football is successful today in the MAC. I believe in the UB generous donors yes. The whole UB Bulls football setup will win for decades to come in the MAC that is what is so sad that it’s ignored for the most part by the Western New York sports fans.

I have followed the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres longer than the UB Bulls and I don’t have the trust or belief in neither of those two teams ever winning anything under PSE terrible leadership. UB Bulls football is set up to win more so then either the Buffalo Bills or the Buffalo Sabres. Trust me Maurice Linquist will win regardless of his questionable in game coaching decisions and he will move on at some point. Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres fan who doesn’t really don’t go or follows the UB Bulls other than from a casual distance will say that UB Bulls suck now because Maurice Linquist left. Which isn’t the case but to them the sky is falling to make up for there own limitations as a sports fan in Buffalo when it comes to UB Bulls football or anything that isn’t Buffalo Bills and maybe they will mix in a Buffalo Sabres game.

Believe me I have lived in Buffalo for 55 years and counting. Buffalo sports fan wouldn’t know a good deal and a winner if I spotted them the wi in win. Because Buffalo isn’t a college sports town unfortunately anymore which is sad but it is what it is todays. UB Bulls football season tickets are $125 and free parking while Buffalo Bills fans are lined up to sign finance contracts to buy Buffalo Bills PSL’s let that sink

in and UB Bulls football won three bowl games in four years in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

So UB coaches did nothing to recruit players? They all just magically showed up because the Murchie Center somehow called out to them? (You should get out of Buffalo and see other field houses at colleges. It's nice we have anything like the Murchie but it would never compare to most major school facilities.)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So UB coaches did nothing to recruit players? They all just magically showed up because the Murchie Center somehow called out to them? (You should get out of Buffalo and see other field houses at colleges. It's nice we have anything like the Murchie but it would never compare to most major school facilities.)

I am saying Maurice Linquist isn’t doing anything special that any other college coach would be doing in the MAC level it’s not like the MAC is the Big Ten or the SEC. See you are looking at it as a Big Ten Conference perspective. I am saying when Buffalo got the field house and all the locker room stuff it put us on even terms in the MAC. When that happened because of the Murchie Family generosity. Buffalo culturally is better than the rest of the MAC which is in some dump cities. Any coach can win at UB football if he is competent. I am not comparing to anyone but the MAC because that is the level we have to compete with for bowl games. Our locker rooms are better than the current Buffalo Bills team until they move into there new stadium. Look at UNLV and Buffalo there locker rooms are basically identical in the Group of Five schools.

Our stadium sucks to watch games in but that doesn’t affect the players so it really doesn’t affect recruiting. We are getting the same MAC athlete regardless. UB will win regardless of who the coach is because it’s not 1999 with no facilities anymore at UB. I am not impressed with Maurice Linquist anymore than I am with Lance Leipold. Turner Gill I was impressed with because he won a MAC championship when our facilities were Division 3. That isn’t the case anymore thanks to the Murchie family. UB has spent a lot of money on facilities compared to the rest of the MAC that is why we are bowling and football coaches actually want to come here because you can win with the facilities here now. Plus what Buffalo adds culturally as a big league NFL city. You can’t sell that with the Ohio Bobcats in Tim Buck Too Ohio. Players know Buffalo is a NFL market now with the added facilities that is why more than anything special Maurice Linquist or any other fool UB hires it’s the MAC we match up favorably when UB made the facilities investment to train. It is hardly anything Maurice Linquist has done. Maurice Linquist wouldn’t recruit anything great without the facilities that the Murchie family invested in.

It isn’t like UB Bulls football is completing with Miami, Florida and Florida State. If UB can’t out recruit Bowling Green football with all their cut backs to Ohio education we minds as well drop out of college football if that was the case which it isn’t. We are never going to be Power 5 anything but King Of the MAC is likely where UB will always be as long as the UB facilities are current for the athletes to train. The coach is irrelevant to the current situation any competent football coach can win now at UB in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

I am saying Maurice Linquist isn’t doing anything special that any other college coach would be doing in the MAC level it’s not like the MAC is the Big Ten or the SEC. See you are looking at it as a Big Ten Conference perspective. I am saying when Buffalo got the field house and all the locker room stuff it put us on even terms in the MAC. When that happened because of the Murchie Family generosity. Buffalo culturally is better than the rest of the MAC which is in some dump cities. Any coach can win at UB football if he is competent. I am not comparing to anyone but the MAC because that is the level we have to compete with for bowl games. Our locker rooms are better than the current Buffalo Bills team until they move into there new stadium. Look at UNLV and Buffalo there locker rooms are basically identical in the Group of Five schools.

Our stadium sucks to watch games in but that doesn’t affect the players so it really doesn’t affect recruiting. We are getting the same MAC athlete regardless. UB will win regardless of who the coach is because it’s not 1999 with no facilities anymore at UB. I am not impressed with Maurice Linquist anymore than I am with Lance Leipold. Turner Gill I was impressed with because he won a MAC championship when our facilities were Division 3. That isn’t the case anymore thanks to the Murchie family. UB has spent a lot of money on facilities compared to the rest of the MAC that is why we are bowling and football coaches actually want to come here because you can win with the facilities here now. Plus what Buffalo adds culturally as a big league NFL city. You can’t sell that with the Ohio Bobcats in Tim Buck Too Ohio. Players know Buffalo is a NFL market now with the added facilities that is why more than anything special Maurice Linquist or any other fool UB hires it’s the MAC we match up favorably when UB made the facilities investment to train. It is hardly anything Maurice Linquist has done. Maurice Linquist wouldn’t recruit anything great without the facilities that the Murchie family invested in.

It isn’t like UB Bulls football is completing with Miami, Florida and Florida State. If UB can’t out recruit Bowling Green football with all their cut backs to Ohio education we minds as well drop out of college football if that was the case which it isn’t. We are never going to be Power 5 anything but King Of the MAC is likely where UB will always be as long as the UB facilities are current for the athletes to train. The coach is irrelevant to the current situation any competent football coach can win now at UB in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You act like such a rah-rah Buffalo fan,  but you have problems with every sports team, good or bad. 🔥

26 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

King of the MAC? Lets beat Holy Cross first ...

I agree with you though there is NO excuse for Suny Amherst to routinely lose to the likes of Bowling Green, OH, Ypsilanti, MI, Muncie, IN etc.. ..

Our endowment is more than double the 2nd highest in the conference and yet the last, and only, conference title? 2008. Nearly 20 years ago 

Your takes are terrible 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You act like such a rah-rah Buffalo fan,  but you have problems with every sports team, good or bad. 🔥

Because him and @SUNY_amherst aren’t here to be fans 

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I'm more than a fan I am an alum. Part of being a good alum is setting a barometer for success

Dude you act like you’re the only alum lol I’ve worked for UB In athletics 

And you clearly got bullied there because you make fun of the school every chance you get

I don’t care anything you say because you disrespect the school… You’re like the kid in my class nobody talked too

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

hahaha you need some thicker skin. Suny Amherst needs innovative thinkers not cheerleaders working in athletics or any department

you have no idea The top notch people they have in athletics there

You’re posting is just garbage

I’m not a cheerleader… I’m actually objective when it comes to UB

You’re just a troll

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

Top notch or not, I hope they recognize a 6-6 season with a loss to Holy Cross is under performing. Even if it ends with a Kotex bowl victory against a directional school new to D1

You wanna put a gentleman’s bet they win more than 6 games?

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Only if the Fordham (non D-1) game doesn't count. they shouldn't be scheduling those games to begin with

Ummm that is a D1 game…. Did you ever try to make an FCS football program?

Every kid on their team would smack you in the face if you said they’re not D1

It counts when Alabama plays citadel 

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

1AA... you know what I mean. The rest of your post is silly and unrelated. Except for the part about it counting when Alabama plays Citadel, I think that is a joke too and shouldn't count

The rest of what I said is important because you’re disrespecting those kids calling them not D1

You disrespect the University at Buffalo… You disrespect the players on the football team

Now you’re disrespecting players on Fordham saying they’re not division one

Your whole schtick is disrespect

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

and yours is being quick to play the victim

I am not a victim of anything… I’m not playing the victim

I live in America… I thank the Lord every day I’m born here

I’m not a victim of anything… 

I’m sticking up for the School which you make fun of… And now the kids on Fordham which you don’t respect

I’m not a victim… I just refuse to disrespect 20 year old college football players

but you think it’s cool

Edited by Buffalo716

5 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I can assure you the football players from Fordham aren't feeling any disrespect and don't need your faux outrage lol

I just hope they don't beat us like Holy Cross did last year

I Can assure you if you went to a fordham practice and said they’re not division one football players they would all be highly disrespected

Because every 1 AA player I know/knew… calls themselves D1 football players

Edited by Buffalo716

• 1 month later...

All I care about is that UB Bulls broke ground on there sport’s performance athletics center that will open for the 2024 UB Bulls football season. Then UB Bulls need to do something about UB Stadium starting with their outdated video scoreboard in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• 1 month later...

I saw that good luck to UB Bulls quarterback Cole Snyder but he is very limited as a quarterback. It’s disappointing that UB Bulls football program still haven’t brought in a quarterback that can run better and is more athletic. It’s going to cost us the MAC East again most likely because UB Bulls don’t get it with a duel threat run pass quarterback like Rourke at Ohio Bobcats we aren’t winning. UB Bulls are like the rest of the NFL AFC East teams that don’t have Josh Allen. Again if you can’t run like a running back with your quarterback you are not winning the MAC championship. Coach after coach at UB with the exception of Turner Gill don’t get it. It’s embarrassing Turner Gill got it with way less facilities than what UB Bulls football coaches have to sell to student athletes now. Turner Gill was smart he used Zack Maynard to come in to run the wildcat. Cole Snyder runs like he is carrying a piano on his back.

This UB Bulls coaching staff doesn’t get it. I am concerned about the new UB Bulls offensive coordinator DJ Mangas who is 34 years old a high school coach and never was a FBS college offensive coordinator before other than a short time at 28 years old at William and Mary what is it with Buffalo football teams and William and Mary football. Which could be good or could be bad we will see? But just because it worked out for Nate Oats for UB Bulls basketball doesn’t mean it will always work. I agree that UB OC Shane Montgomery had to go because of his conservative play and offensive philosophy from another time but I am not sure a high school coach with limited offensive coordinator experience was the way to go. I don’t like the William and Mary connection either Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott is a terrible leader and is very challenged as a head coach in my opinion. 

But UB Bulls head coach Maurice Linquist doesn’t get anymore passes now in year three if he can’t win the MAC championship in Detroit this season he needs to be fired as a head coach for failure. UB Bulls would be wise to move on with a new head coach regardless of the Camellia Bowl victory last season. I personally don’t see UB Bulls beating Ohio Bobcats this season. UB Bulls will probably play above there ceiling against Wisconsin Badgers than lose to some lowly FBS team they should have beaten. That sums up the Maurice Linquist era at UB Bulls which is disappointing other than Camellia Bowl victory it’s mediocre at best for Maurice Linquist. Maurice Linquist won the Camellia Bowl I get that which was great. But was it Maurice Linquist the head coach or the UB donors investment in MAC football at UB? I will go with the UB donors investment in MAC football for winning the Camellia Bowl over anything great that Maurice Linquist has done or brought to the table for UB Bulls football. Maurice Linquist has cultural advantages coaching at UB over the other MAC schools it’s ridiculous these UB coaches should be winning. I would clean house everyone gets fired if UB Bulls lose in football, men’s and women’s basketball head coaches go. I have seen enough of the UB Bulls women’s basketball program run into the ground that Felisha Jack built after she left for Syracuse Orange ridiculous. It’s time to fire UB athletic director Mark Alnutt if UB Bulls don’t start winning MAC championships in football, men’s and women’s basketball. You can win at UB athletics now because of the facilities. Again hopefully Maurice Linquist wins but I have my doubts on Maurice Linquist being anything more than winning enough to not get fired but most likely never winning the MAC championship because he doesn’t get the offensive part of the game as a defensive coaching background like a Lance Leipold who was a quarterback coming from a offensive coaching background. Plus I think Lance Leipold was a better program builder than Maurice Linquist just telling like it is hopefully I will be wrong in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

I saw that good luck to UB Bulls quarterback Cole Snyder but he is very limited as a quarterback. It’s disappointing that UB Bulls football program still haven’t brought in a quarterback that can run better and is more athletic. It’s going to cost us the MAC East again most likely because UB Bulls don’t get it with a duel threat run pass quarterback like Rourke at Ohio Bobcats we aren’t winning. UB Bulls are like the rest of the NFL AFC East teams that don’t have Josh Allen. Again if you can’t run like a running back with your quarterback you are not winning the MAC championship. Coach after coach at UB with the exception of Turner Gill don’t get it. It’s embarrassing Turner Gill got it with way less facilities than what UB Bulls football coaches have to sell to student athletes now. Turner Gill was smart he used Zack Maynard to come in to run the wildcat. Cole Snyder runs like he is carrying a piano on his back.

This UB Bulls coaching staff doesn’t get it. I am concerned about the new UB Bulls offensive coordinator DJ Mangas who is 34 years old a high school coach and never was a FBS college offensive coordinator before other than a short time at 28 years old at William and Mary what is it with Buffalo football teams and William and Mary football. Which could be good or could be bad we will see? But just because it worked out for Nate Oats for UB Bulls basketball doesn’t mean it will always work. I agree that UB OC Shane Montgomery had to go because of his conservative play and offensive philosophy from another time but I am not sure a high school coach with limited offensive coordinator experience was the way to go. I don’t like the William and Mary connection either Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott is a terrible leader and is very challenged as a head coach in my opinion. 

But UB Bulls head coach Maurice Linquist doesn’t get anymore passes now in year three if he can’t win the MAC championship in Detroit this season he needs to be fired as a head coach for failure. UB Bulls would be wise to move on with a new head coach regardless of the Camellia Bowl victory last season. I personally don’t see UB Bulls beating Ohio Bobcats this season. UB Bulls will probably play above there ceiling against Wisconsin Badgers than lose to some lowly FBS team they should have beaten. That sums up the Maurice Linquist era at UB Bulls which is disappointing other than Camellia Bowl victory it’s mediocre at best for Maurice Linquist. Maurice Linquist won the Camellia Bowl I get that which was great. But was it Maurice Linquist the head coach or the UB donors investment in MAC football at UB? I will go with the UB donors investment in MAC football for winning the Camellia Bowl over anything great that Maurice Linquist has done or brought to the table for UB Bulls football. Maurice Linquist has cultural advantages coaching at UB over the other MAC schools it’s ridiculous these UB coaches should be winning. I would clean house everyone gets fired if UB Bulls lose in football, men’s and women’s basketball head coaches go. I have seen enough of the UB Bulls women’s basketball program run into the ground that Felisha Jack built after she left for Syracuse Orange ridiculous. It’s time to fire UB athletic director Mark Alnutt if UB Bulls don’t start winning MAC championships in football, men’s and women’s basketball. You can win at UB athletics now because of the facilities. Again hopefully Maurice Linquist wins but I have my doubts on Maurice Linquist being anything more than winning enough to not get fired but most likely never winning the MAC championship because he doesn’t get the offensive part of the game as a defensive coaching background like a Lance Leipold who was a quarterback coming from a offensive coaching background. Plus I think Lance Leipold was a better program builder than Maurice Linquist just telling like it is hopefully I will be wrong in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The bulls are winning the Mac

Drew Willie wasn't running the ball when UB won lol cole is one of the best quarterbacks in the mac

And they have the best roster

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Here's hoping, and hoping they are coached well too. They open at Wisconsin a week from today at 3:30pm. Big Ten TV.  Sneaking up on the Badgers would be a great way to start.

You talking UB football around here is akin to saying 'Beetlejuice' three times.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A little perspective on how far UB Football has come. (It only took 30 years.)

Only 30 years is not a long time to be consistent at D1 level.. which didn't happen till 99

SEC schools and Big ten schools have been playing football for 120 years consecutively

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Only 30 years is not a long time to be consistent at D1 level.. which didn't happen till 99

SEC schools and Big ten schools have been playing football for 120 years consecutively

30 years fighting the SUNY bureaucracy is lightning speed. Other schools like Liberty and Coastal Carolina got it done quicker.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

30 years fighting the SUNY bureaucracy is lightning speed. Other schools like Liberty and Coastal Carolina got it done quicker.

Can't take a few schools and think it's common... Liberty's also been playing division 1 2 or 1aa football consistently for 55 years

Coastal Carolina is in the south which gives them a better pipeline

It takes a long time and being in the right spot to build a consistent winner... Rutgers has been playing football for 140 years and is a worse program than Buffalo

It's a lot easier to start a program in Carolina or Texas or Florida then Western New York

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.