Cody Ford takes 1st reps at RG

14 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I recall that the draftnicks suggested he'd be a better guard than a tackle in the pros, so maybe it's not that big of a deal?

He was my top rated guard but with tackle flex. I don't think I move him to guard until I have determined that he definitely can't play tackle though. I'd rather start the season with him benched learning behind Dion and Ty before I give up on a guy playing tackle without him ever having done it in the heat of battle in the pros. The Bills drafted him to be a tackle. They need to see if he can play tackle. If they had drafted him as a guard that is different. But they didn't. They were quite clear on draft night that they thought he could play inside but they had drafted him as a right tackle. 

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was my top rated guard but with tackle flex. I don't think I move him to guard until I have determined that he definitely can't play tackle though. I'd rather start the season with him benched learning behind Dion and Ty before I give up on a guy playing tackle without him ever having done it in the heat of battle in the pros. The Bills drafted him to be a tackle. They need to see if he can play tackle. If they had drafted him as a guard that is different. But they didn't. They were quite clear on draft night that they thought he could play inside but they had drafted him as a right tackle. 

Same.  Here's what I said about him in my mock draft:

"He’s an earth-mover as a run-blocker, and is a surprisingly smooth mover in pass protection.  He’s played on both sides of the line, and at every position except center.  Ford is the kind of player you draft hoping that he can play tackle, but knowing that he can play guard. "

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I did a quick boolean google search just to see where my Ford posts are.  It appears in the search but not in the thread.

Conspiracy?

image.thumb.png.684827c098f38e6c0789900cb3999cf7.png

Conspiracy? Oh, my yes, it’s a conspiracy and it starts above the very topmost echelons of this ill disguised enterprise.  The mods are the ground soldiers. Aim higher.

Only one more practice for Camp before Preseason kicks off, and then combined practices with Carolina.... I bet we see Ford back in the OT spot with Waddle hurt.  

23 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Completely agree. I just hope Morse can be healthy for, at least, game 4 of the season. Might be able to come out 2-1 or 3-0 in those first 3 even with Bodine starting. 

It's 'just' the concussion tho right? (As in that's the only injury?) I didn't think 4 games would be a possibility.. could be severe or Mitch has a long history with the injury?

Either way that really sucks, even after he's healed from this one.. the injury will just be cumulative and jeopardize him even playing to the end of his contract if he doesn't personally want to deal with much more blows. I didn't know Mitch was at this point in his career already.

Reaaaaally don't want to see Bodine in there. I like that TJ Ford can slide between RG and RT tho hope he's versatile.

50 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Conspiracy? Oh, my yes, it’s a conspiracy and it starts above the very topmost echelons of this ill disguised enterprise.  The mods are the ground soldiers. Aim higher.

the President?

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P