Tesla retaliates against whistlebowers and unionized workers

stuvian

Union worker myself. Go to work everyday and give 110%. Don't call in sick or go home sick. Have a collectively bagained contract which is both fair to the employer and myself. I earn every penny I make. Earn every benefit that I get.  Go BILLS !

There's really 2 types of unions out there, one representing the trades and factory jobs and ones for other positions. The one that usually get the bad rap is the first because they are usually more in favor of doing the minimum and your job only as to not show up other workers. The other usually is just there to handle grievances and negotiate bargaining agreements. That's the one I have worked in and very rarely did I ever hear or see them protecting someone who didn't deserve their job and the workers would do their jobs and then some.

On 7/26/2019 at 5:17 AM, MacGyver said:

Elon Musk is a disaster?  WAT?

Yea... so you clearly do not have a clue what you're talking about. He is brilliant in some regards, no doubt, but when it comes to making Tesla function and seeing projects through, the guy is a disaster.

You should read more.

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea... so you clearly do not have a clue what you're talking about. He is brilliant in some regards, no doubt, but when it comes to making Tesla function and seeing projects through, the guy is a disaster.

You should read more.

You're quite the idiot, congratulations. Landing rockets when everyone is saying no way is not seeing things through?  What?

And to start a new car company to compete with the big 3 is not seeing something through?

Yeah, idiot you are...

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

You're quite the idiot, congratulations. Landing rockets when everyone is saying no way is not seeing things through?  What?

And to start a new car company to compete with the big 3 is not seeing something through?

Yeah, idiot you are...

Well, you’ve just been shackled and chained in the dungeon. Can you use your toes to pick the lock, Mac?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Yeah, idiot you are...

Not to make too fine a point of it, but you cannot simply gloss over the fact that Tesla/Musk have received significant subsidies (per vehicle) from US and European taxpayers through their respective governmental handouts, without which it's difficult to make the argument that Tesla would still be a viable company by any traditional measure. Even today, Tesla continues on its roller-coaster ride of 'will they or won't they' be profitable this time around...and before starting down the road of so many other companies also receive tax credits, etc., the point is simply that to paint Musk with the broad brush of self-made by the bootstraps type genius with the Midas touch, is misleading. Not to put words in @Ol Dirty B's mouth, but my guess is that's why he took issue with your characterization. Is he a smart guy still? Sure, no question. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-11/its-confirmed-without-government-subsidies-tesla-sales-implode

https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/01/tesla-and-its-subsidies-phil-kerpen/

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not to make too fine a point of it, but you cannot simply gloss over the fact that Tesla/Musk have received significant subsidies (per vehicle) from US and European taxpayers through their respective governmental handouts, without which it's difficult to make the argument that Tesla would still be a viable company by any traditional measure. Even today, Tesla continues on its roller-coaster ride of 'will they or won't they' be profitable this time around...and before starting down the road of so many other companies also receive tax credits, etc., the point is simply that to paint Musk with the broad brush of self-made by the bootstraps type genius with the Midas touch, is misleading. Not to put words in @Ol Dirty B's mouth, but my guess is that's why he took issue with your characterization. Is he a smart guy still? Sure, no question. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-11/its-confirmed-without-government-subsidies-tesla-sales-implode

Nope didn't put words in my mouth at all. You just put in more effort than I did to explain the point. 

Thank you 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Yeah, idiot you are...

Again, I think you have no clue what you're talking about.

Your first defense was to label me a democrat, and I'm not. I also don't really take that as insult. I like to think most people believe what they believe in because they think that is their solution. I have no problem with disagreeing with someone. Now if you called me a Cortez or a Warren supporter i might be annoyed. Bernie too. 

Trust me I'll run circles around you in this debate. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

23 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

While I didn't read the article, anyone who tries to start a car company is fighting a significant uphill battle because Detroit has lobbied very well to keep their monopoly.

I don't have a dog in the fight about Musk.  He's certainly smart and driven but he's also not actually Tesla.