Gomez - Bills TE in NFL Europe

So you are saying that he is a pretty good minor league player

294470[/snapback]

So was Moorman and that QB who played for Rams in Superbowl, Kurt Warner I think. The point is that some players blossom in NFL Europe and the only way to recognize them is to give them honest shots. Too bad the Bills are not as effective as other teams at developing players in NFL Europe; even Moorman was another team's player.

I am a bit surprised that the Bills did not send their players, who were already on the roster, go to NFL Europe.

Could'nt players like Daryl Towns, Jasen Esposito, David Pruce, Uyi Osunde, George Wilson, & Constantin Ritzmann, have benefited from the chance of playing?

Or was the risk of injury to big a concern?

So was Moorman and that QB who played for Rams in Superbowl, Kurt Warner I think.  The point is that some players blossom in NFL Europe and the only way to recognize them is to give them honest shots.  Too bad the Bills are not as effective as other teams at developing players in NFL Europe; even Moorman was another team's player.

294587[/snapback]

I think Brad Jonhson played in Europe, but I'm not sure. Anyone?

I think Brad Jonhson played in Europe, but I'm not sure. Anyone?

294757[/snapback]

Yeah, he did, in 1995 for London. You do, of course, realize that it is just as easy to type "Brad Johnson NFLE" into the top of google as it is to type "I think Brad Johnson played in Europe, but I'm not sure. Anyone?"

And you get the answer a lot quicker. :)

Long snapping will be his ticket, but if he can block and get a bit bigger (he's 6'6" and 240. He ought to be carrying at least 260) and catch an occasional pass, he could save a roster spot.

Yeah, he did, in 1995 for London. You do, of course, realize that it is just as easy to type "Brad Johnson NFLE" into the top of google as it is to type "I think Brad Johnson played in Europe, but I'm not sure. Anyone?"

And you get the answer a lot quicker.  :)

294766[/snapback]

LOL, I'm just lazy :doh:

I am visiting friends near LA and one of them was poitnting out College of the Canyons where is girlfriend teaches. Get back to his house later and see the article about Gomez and he attended the very same school. Trippy, never heard of him or the school before the other day, lol.