Attending the NFL Draft in NYC

I have a question: How difficult is it to get into the NFL draft as a fan? I know it used to be no big deal, but everything in the NFL becomes an enourmous hype until they act like it's another Super Bowl-level event.

Do you need tickets? Where do you get them? Through the Bills? Have any of you ever gone?

PTR

I have a question:  How difficult is it to get into the NFL draft as a fan?  I know it used to be no big deal, but everything in the NFL becomes an enourmous hype until they act like it's another Super Bowl-level event.

Do you need tickets?  Where do you get them?  Through the Bills?  Have any of you ever gone?

PTR

293951[/snapback]

I think you need a pocket protector and a piece of tape on your glasses.

PTR, this very issue was brought up several months ago and someone said that yes you needed tix and they were very limited.  They changed venues, did you know that?

293982[/snapback]

Last year we stood in line on Friday night in the rain to get wristbands until about 1:30 A.M. and then were told if you don't come back at 7:00 A.M. you will lose your place. It was a quite the experience (especially since I flew in from So Cal for it). They have moved to the Jacob Javits center this year. I have no idea how much it holds compared to MSW. But I am going again this year. It was a lot of fun. Good Luck !

Here's the NFL's official blurb and gush...

Link Thingy

Although the place is huge (Uuge - if you're in NYC) it often holds simultaneous events.

So, in spite of the rah-rah that will be camera-cleansed by ESPN, the entire place will not be used for Draftivities.

My guess is they'll have two halls - center stage of course, and another with the live feed on screen. Moooooo! It could be disappointing to travel and get shutout of the center stage action.

Then again, it just depends on which hall(s) they open up for the NFL.

It's still a bit of a crap shoot, but if you're making a weekend of it it definitely would be a thing to do.

Here's what else is going on those days at the Javits Center.

LIve Long and Prosper?

BuffBills#1 Posted Today, 12:03 PM

Why would u go when we don't even have a first round pick??

Because the draft is a fun time. It's the first day of the season. Yes it would be more exciting if the Bills had a first rounder, but it's great to be there and bantering back and forth with all the other fans. This will be my 5th draft, and I can't wait!!

GO BILLS!!!!!