Hockey

Fug changing the net size. I wish the NHL would do away with the 2line pass offsides and open up the game. That Devils trap is killing hockey- that is when the NHL players association is not killing it

You beat me to it. :devil:

Top left corner he's able to save, though, right corner he's pretty weak........ :doh:

293811[/snapback]

Hey! I resemble that!!.... ;) No, actually, my stickwork's good. Right top-shelf is my only weakness, like everyone else in the world who's right-handed.

All this aside, a bigger net, smaller pads (or rather, enforcing the rules re: this), and either a bigger ice surface or getting rid of the two-line offsides would make the game great. If the players can pull their heads outta their butts.

I think it's a great idea. Still 6 feet post to post (don't have to change the peg holes). Just adds 3 inches on each side (at the widest point) and 6 inches (at the highest point) where 'momma hides the cookes'. The other idea is to add 2 inches all the way around, which would require rinks around the world to relocate the post holes.

Hell, why not just throw a soccer goal out there... that way all the women, children, and half-assed male fans will finally get back into the game. I mean, to have an entertaining sporting event, the score cant possible be 1-0. Oh wait, I went to the 7 period playoff game between the Sabres and Devils that was 0-0 after 120 minutes of play time. Was one of the most exciting events I've ever been to. But heaven forbid its not 101 to 99 like a NBA basketball game. That's why I hate BBall. Whats the point of even watching the 1st three quarters when the chances of a team NOT scoring are less than those of them making a basket.

Listen, if you NEED to open the game up (and I don't necessarily mean more scoring, just keeping the game flowing) get rid of the red line. Then, not only will there be fewer stoppages, but guys that don't skate with their heads up will have their heads knocked off.

But yeah, let's make the net bigger. Oh, and let's bring back the glowing puck while we're at it.

:devil:

:doh:

WHOA!

293771[/snapback]

This might make scoring go up, but it won't fix the ultimate problem: lack of skating room.

I don't care if two extra goals a game go bouncing in off some defenseman's ass or from a scrum in front of the net...I want to see some 2-on-1's and breakaways, just like in the 1970s before the Broadstreet Bullies ruined the game forever.

This might make scoring go up, but it won't fix the ultimate problem:  lack of skating room.

I don't care if two extra goals a game go bouncing in off some defenseman's ass or from a scrum in front of the net...I want to see some 2-on-1's and breakaways, just like in the 1970s before the Broadstreet Bullies ruined the game forever.

293887[/snapback]

Actually, the ultimate problem at this point is the lack of an operating professional league. I can't shake the feeling that that goal was designed by the same fine troop of my bretheren sh---tossing simians that created the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Fug changing the net size.  I wish the NHL would do away with the 2line pass offsides and open up the game.  That Devils trap is killing hockey- that is when the NHL players association is not killing it

293773[/snapback]

Before I read the caption I thought it was some training net to make the goaltender work harder in practice. I don't mind the lack of scoring, the Arena league for example, just isn't more exciting to me just because they score 180 points a game.

I know a lot of people agree with you Pete, but I'm just not convinced that the 2 line pass being legal will do anything to help the game -nor will I ever be unless/until they actually do get rid of it. If anything, I think it would reduce the forecheck as teams sit back in an even more conservative "prevent" defense to eliminate the homerun pass. With the 2 line pass, teams can afford to send at least one forechecker in - even in the trap - which I personally thinks gets too much blame for what's wrong with the game.

IMHO, if they'd ever get around to actually enforcing the hooking, holding, and interference penalties already on the books, bring back the touch-up offsides, and eliminate the instigator penalty, hockey would be more fun to watch.