Want More Retirement Income?

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My fellow co-workers and I?

Our pension is self-funded and solvent.  We contribute 1.5% into own pension. Pension is only 40% of my basic pay when I retire. Agency is funded out of General Fund.  I pay taxes too, same with co-workers.  View it this way: None of your $0.0000000006 went to me.  It went to transgender art projects in SoHo.

See... Much better now 

If anything my fellow co-workers and General Fund $$$ came from ourselves.

There, your hands are clean.  If you want @/dev/null can contribute $0.000000012 to the cause.  LoL...

Self funded??  Someone needs to know who pays their salary. And your employer also funds your FERS. Where does that money come from?  Also I wasn’t talking about your TSP contributions I was talking about your match. Do you think it just appears out of thin air?

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Self funded??  Someone needs to know who pays their salary. And your employer also funds your FERS. Where does that money come from?  Also I wasn’t talking about your TSP contributions I was talking about your match. Do you think it just appears out of thin air?

Wooo... Slow down Speedy.

My fellow employees. LoL...  That $0.00000006 doesn't come from you until we get to the end of the employee line. ?

It's a "General Fund." All goes into a big pot.  Visualize your $$$$ going to things you "like."

There happy?  See, you have "control."

FERS is 1.5% of my pay.  I kick in.  My pension will only be 40% of my basic pay at highest.  I will still kick in 40% to my healthcare, like I do now.

You do the math when factoring investing (Gubermint) over my 30+ year career.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wooo... Slow down Speedy.

My fellow employees. LoL...  That $0.00000006 doesn't come from you until we get to the end of the employee line. ?

It's a "General Fund." All goes into a big pot.  Visualize your $$$$ going to things you "like."

There happy?  See, you have "control."

FERS is 1.5% of my pay.  I kick in.  My pension will only be 40% of my basic pay at highest.  I will still kick in 40% to my healthcare, like I do now.

You do the math when factoring investing (Gubermint) over my 30+ year career.

Again someone appears to have zero idea where every penny of his current and future paycheck comes from. Again.....you’re welcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Again someone appears to have zero idea where every penny of his current and future paycheck comes from. Again.....you’re welcome. 

Yeah.  The General Fund where it all goes into one pot.  LoL...

Again, somebody appears to have zero idea that every penny gets mixed up.

@Chef Jim... Your tax $$$ goes to gay art projects and abortions.  Mine goes back to me along with the rest from fellow co-workers.  ?

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My fellow co-workers and I?

Our pension is self-funded and solvent.  We contribute 1.5% into own pension. Pension is only 40% of my basic pay when I retire. Agency is funded out of General Fund.  I pay taxes too, same with co-workers.  View it this way: None of your $0.0000000006 went to me.  It went to transgender art projects in SoHo.

See... Much better now 

If anything my fellow co-workers and General Fund $$$ came from ourselves.

There, your hands are clean.  If you want @/dev/null can contribute $0.000000012 to the cause.  LoL...

so you contribute 1.5% per year for 40 years ,then you get 40% of your higest pay every year for the rest of your life

you've self funded a year and a half of your retirement.  Where does the money come from to pay you the rest of your life?

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

so you contribute 1.5% per year for 40 years ,then you get 40% of your higest pay every year for the rest of your life

you've self funded a year and a half of your retirement.  Where does the money come from to pay you the rest of your life?

From the sale of aborted children’s body parts of course. 

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

No no no. 1.5% times 40 years equals 60% so he’s losing money!  ?

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I explained it to @Chef Jim and now you.

To answer your question.  NOT you guys. You're not supportive.  So, your money goes to things you like.

Now... Unless you want me to take the $0.000000012 from you and Jim.  You can have 0.000000012 control.

Oooops. Times up, I am closing my sector gates, you missed this lockage.  I will be back in 30 minutes if nothing else comes along that gets priority (meaning they pay a specific amount directly as in surtax) over you two WonderTwins®.

LoL... ?

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

To answer your question.  NOT you guys. You're not supportive.  So, your money goes to things you like.

Now... Unless you want me to take the $0.000000012 from you and Jim.  You can have 0.000000012 control.

Oooops. Times up, I am closing my sector gates, you missed this lockage.  I will be back in 30 minutes if nothing else comes along that gets priority (meaning they pay a specific amount directly as in surtax) over you two WonderTwins®.

LoL... ?

So wait? Are you advocating we spend our money on things we want vs the things the government wants?  Now you’re catching on!!  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

What they've been talking about is privatizing SS by allowing people to invest theirs as they see fit.  This is handing over up to $250k of your 401k (and I assume IRA) to SS would then annuitize it into an income stream.  I have never heard this discussed. 

I heard it for the first time approximately 15 years ago at an industry conference from a speaker who had been in think tank where it was broached.

The context was that there was, at the time, roughly 19 trillion dollars in tax deferred qualified plans, and that its seizure, with the attached promise to provide secure annuities to all US residents in exchange, was the silver bullet to resolve our national debt crisis.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL... ?

1u5zeo.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I heard it for the first time approximately 15 years ago at an industry conference from a speaker who had been in think tank where it was broached.

The context was that there was, at the time, roughly 19 trillion dollars in tax deferred qualified plans, and that its seizure, with the attached promise to provide secure annuities to all US residents in exchange, was the silver bullet to resolve our national debt crisis.

From the people that bring you "free education" and "forgive student debt!", the scenario you described is really just a step or two further into insanity.  

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Look who I am dealing with.  Dude, the $$$ is in the General Fund.  You can't allocate where your every penny goes.  Boo hoo Snowflake.  Suck it up Buttercup.

Two quick questions:

How on earth did you get 40 years in by age 55; and

Would you support a change to your pension whereby your benefit was frozen but you worked until the normal retirement age of 67? 

One of the challenges of federal/state employment to the taxpayer is the combination of retirement way too early & too many employees in the system. 

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Two quick questions:

How on earth did you get 40 years in by age 55; and

Would you support a change to your pension whereby your benefit was frozen but you worked until the normal retirement age of 67? 

One of the challenges of federal/state employment to the taxpayer is the combination of retirement way too early & too many employees in the system. 

Almost 40.  I said: Almost.  I guess 35 ish... Started when I was 21.

56.5 is earliest.  If I go 62 will have 40.  Heck, I can do this job till I am 90.  LoL...

In 2003, they ran the lock near St.Louis from Houston or was it DC? Maybe they can give me a remote control.  One sucky thing, gotta have 2 bodies on site 24/7/365.  I will work till 90.  LoL...

We bring retired annuitants back... Because the young ones don't know, hard to find, ones with the maintenance, mechanical skill set... They simply don't know, or don't want to get dirty.