Time Magazine 5 shows that you should watch

This week Time had an article on the five shows that you should be watching:

The Shield FX

Lost ABC

House Fox

Veronica Mars UPN

Battlestar Galactica SCIFI network

All are great shows and Veronica Mars is one of the best, I cannot believe this show is so low in the ratings.

When did Battlestar Gallactica start? Is it really worth watching? I saw something the other day about a movie or series (not sure which) called Revelation (NBC?) I think. Anyone going to watch it.

The Shield  FX

Lost  ABC

House Fox

Veronica Mars UPN

Battlestar Galactica  SCIFI network

All are great shows and Veronica Mars is one of the best, I cannot believe this show is so low in the ratings.

291914[/snapback]

I have tried to watch the Battlestar Galactica show, but I have a hard time getting past the fact that this is supposed to be about and alien society, but it mirrors American culture so much that it is distracting to me.

GO BILLS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Shield  FX

Lost  ABC

House Fox

Veronica Mars UPN

291914[/snapback]

Where's 24? I know a lot of people that love that show. I wish I would've watched it from day one. I'll probably rent all the past episodes and catch up to the new season coming up after this one.

American Idol :blink: ? I'm just being sarcastic. I hate that show. Death to all reality programming :D

When did Battlestar Gallactica start?  Is it really worth watching?  I saw something the other day about a movie or series (not sure which) called Revelation (NBC?) I think.  Anyone going to watch it.

291931[/snapback]

Show started back in January and airs Fridays at 10 pm. This week is the season Finale so you may be able to watch it in reruns.

Much much different from the previous series, sort of like SF noir.

Veronica Mars is one of the best, I cannot believe this show is so low in the ratings.

Agreed! I've posted about it several times in the past, but I think only a couple of people have started watching because of it. :blink: It's VERY well written, lots of plot twists, etc.

I've seen the first couple BG episodes, and it's pretty good. I have the rest TiVo'd for later (probably summertime).

CW

I have tried to watch the Battlestar Galactica show, but I have a hard time getting past the fact that this is supposed to be about and alien society, but it mirrors American culture so much that it is distracting to me.

GO BILLS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

291936[/snapback]

Well it is about an "alien" society but they are seeking out a legendary 13th colony from their "society" called Earth, so, in essence, they are our brethren.

When did Battlestar Gallactica start?  Is it really worth watching?  I saw something the other day about a movie or series (not sure which) called Revelation (NBC?) I think.  Anyone going to watch it.

291931[/snapback]

Rent the series 2 hour premier - Blockbuster has it..

As a fan of the old series (which few realize only ran for 1 season ), I absolutley LOVE the new series..

Things are different, but still familiar enough to know its Battlestar Galatica...

The FX are top notch..Near movie quality...Acting is VERY good , especially for TV, and the stories have been very interesting...

All in all one of my favorite shows on TV.

Well it is about an "alien" society but they are seeking out a legendary 13th colony from their "society" called Earth, so, in essence, they are our brethren.

291966[/snapback]

True, I don't really know the history they are following. I guess I just expect more creativity from the writers.

GO BILLS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Agreed!  I've posted about it several times in the past, but I think only a couple of people have started watching because of it. :blink:  It's VERY well written, lots of plot twists, etc.

I've seen the first couple BG episodes, and it's pretty good.  I have the rest TiVo'd for later (probably summertime).

CW

291946[/snapback]

People watch reality shows....plot twists will go way over their heads, and be completely unnoticed.

People watch reality shows....plot twists will go way over their heads, and be completely unnoticed.

292052[/snapback]

I know... :blink:

It's too bad that nobody has the patience for storytelling anymore *sigh*

CW

I know... :blink:

It's too bad that nobody has the patience for storytelling anymore *sigh*

CW

292077[/snapback]

According to Entertainment Weekly, Jack and Bobby, which is getting the same ratings as VM, may get a second season. The reason given is that WB sticks with shows longer to build up ratings...I wonder if they would pick up VM if UPN cancels the show.

I cannot believe that Jack and Bobby would be renewed but not VM.

Battlestar is great. I watched the old series when I was little, and I remeber liking it, but it was pretty cheesy. This one is a lot more gritty and the acting is very good especially Edward James Olmos as Adama. BTW- He might be the first hispanic in TV space. The special effects are top notch. I usually am not home on Friday at 10pm, but they replay it on Monday too. I've seen every episode.

Lost, 24 and Battlestar are the only shows I regularly watch.

The Shield  FX

Lost  ABC

House Fox

Veronica Mars UPN

291914[/snapback]

How could they not include Family Guy?!? :doh: