Tom Seaver diagnosed with Dementia

22 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

Incredibly sad news. I had no idea he had a winery. I looked it up, it's a few miles from my house. Unfortunately, it's closed to the public. Probably smart. 

I checked it out too;  cheapest bottle I saw online was >$100, too rich for my palate.

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I checked it out too;  cheapest bottle I saw online was >$100, too rich for my palate.

I saw some $300-500 bottles. Definitely too rich for me as well. Could be the celebrity, could be the fact it's on/near Diamond Mountain (seem to be more expensive)...or it could be those pompous Napa folks jacking up their prices. 

On 3/7/2019 at 7:32 PM, Tierlifer said:

Tom Seaver ranks in Mets franchise history:

#1 in WAR, 78.9

#1 in ERA, 2.57

#1 in Wins, 198

#1 in Innings, 3045.2 

#1 in Strikeouts, 2541

#1 in Shutout, 44

#1 in CG, 171

And still the Wilpons have no statue at Citi of this living legend who is the greatest Met of all time. 

Sad news indeed. 

Friggin' Mets.  So glad I was born into a Yankees family.

Seaver was terrific...just a great player.

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Just die Fred.

11 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

I saw some $300-500 bottles. Definitely too rich for me as well. Could be the celebrity, could be the fact it's on/near Diamond Mountain (seem to be more expensive)...or it could be those pompous Napa folks jacking up their prices. 

Probably all 3.  There's no doubt the expensive bottles (we drank a $45 chardonnary last night that someone gifted us and it was wonderful) are generally better, but $300 for a bottle of wine is crazy talk.  I guess if I had 8 or 9 zeros on my bank account I'd go for them, but otherwise it's silly.

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Probably all 3.  There's no doubt the expensive bottles (we drank a $45 chardonnary last night that someone gifted us and it was wonderful) are generally better, but $300 for a bottle of wine is crazy talk.  I guess if I had 8 or 9 zeros on my bank account I'd go for them, but otherwise it's silly.

I'm usually a beer drinking, recently dabbled in wines. Went a local winery (Ledson) for a tasting. Without looking a prices, the one I really liked as a $100 Cab....and I know nothing about wine. Maybe there is something to those prices. Of course that has a hard pass. I'm fine w/ wine priced WAY less. 

19 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I was born into a Yankees family, too.  I just haaaaad to be different.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:21 AM, Mark80 said:

The only thing worse than cancer IMO.  Dang.

Exactly.  I give my charity money to it instead of cancer.  It makes no sense that we should keep living longer if we're all going to be demented.