When Does Taxation Become Oppression?

The_Dude

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's a dumb question. 

No, Trump just campaigned on an issue he was told his base supposedly cared about. He was going to take on China! What that meant no one knew and the tariff war is just to show he is doing something. The something happens to be really stupid and his hurting his base. If you do not understand that Trump is a total idiot, you won't understand anything he is doing 

you are being blinded by the brain washing of the MSM. extract that virus!

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ok, well, when has Trump actually ever explained a complicated policy clearly? Without lying? 

He's a complete dolt. 

can i ask you a serious question, Tibs?

what would have to happen for you to admit that Trump is not all bad? further, what would have to happen for you to see that what the man is doing is good for America? i don't want /am not looking for an answer of,  he sucks he will never be good... i want to know what it will take for you to have a come to Jesus moment.

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Would your rate of taxation mean my mom couldn't get medicare? 

I advocate for living within our means. I believe we need to do so soon. The earth isn't going to end in 12 years, but I'm not so certain the debt isn't going to cripple the nation by then. A nation too broke to wage war is no longer a nation. Venezuela is learning that as we speak. 

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This is a weird way to ask about tax rates at different income levels.

is it invalid? I look at things differently than a lot of people. Putting tax brackets into units of work weeks is fitting. 

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Actually it's not. You're ducking it. It makes a lot of sense. Now, if you're like me, a small business owner, you'd definitely ponder the question without being prompted. Why? I can't tell you how many times I haven't had money to pay myself after making payroll and payroll TAXES on the ides of every month. So let's look at it....

If I'm taxed 20% which I think is fair, and I convert money into different units, say "work weeks," then 10.4 work weeks a year I would labor and give all my money for those weeks to the government. Over 2 months a year, 20% is. But I'm getting taxed way more than 20%. 

So, Tibs, my question to you is how many work weeks should you work for the government and reap none of the fruits of your labors? How many. Quit being a *****, and answer the question. It's not hard ya know. 

Then, I want to know:

1. How many weeks should a man making $100,000 a year be forced to labor for the government?

2. How about a man making $1,000,000....how many weeks a year should he be a slave?

3. $10,000,000? AOC wants that man a slave for 36.4 weeks per year. You?

That is wrong. AOC called for a 70% tax rate on money earned over $10,000,000.

As far as your conversation with Gleeful Gator goes, you need to start slower. It's been 3 years and he still hasn't figured out why there are 52 weeks in a year if there are 4 weeks to a month and 12 months to a year. I once thought I had made progress with him when I got him to take out 52 quarters from a dryer at the laundromat and lay them out on his folding table but he then argued that there was 13 months in a year. I gave up when he tried to make Gatorary as the new month.

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That is wrong. AOC called for a 70% tax rate on money earned over $10,000,000.

As far as your conversation with Gleeful Gator goes, you need to start slower. It's been 3 years and he still hasn't figured out why there are 52 weeks in a year if there are 4 weeks to a month and 12 months to a year. I once thought I had made progress with him when I got him to take out 52 quarters from a dryer at the laundromat and lay them out on his folding table but he then argued that there was 13 months in a year. I gave up when he tried to make Gatorary as the new month.

Fine, $10,000,000.01

....also, I sincerely hope you’re joking. 

I dont know why but that nonsense reminds me of the hillarious Roman “hour” which was hardly ever 60 minutes. 

Edited by The_Dude

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The 70% is only charged on the earnings over $10,000,000. Income under $10,000,000 is charged at lower rates.

I think I can talk smarts into Gator. He’ll be my Helen Keller. I’m gonna talk some smarts into him. There’s hope because his ideas are dumber than he is, so there’s potential. He’s just gotta ask himself questions he doesn’t want to. Like how many work weeks out of the year he should sacrifice to taxes. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I think I can talk smarts into Gator. He’ll be my Helen Keller. I’m gonna talk some smarts into him. There’s hope because his ideas are dumber than he is, so there’s potential. He’s just gotta ask himself questions he doesn’t want to. Like how many work weeks out of the year he should sacrifice to taxes. 

He doesn't even know how many work weeks there are in a month so good luck.