Leveon Bell will officially hit the open market, reportedly wants 50 mill in 1st 2 years of deal

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, DCOrange said:

The vibe I get is that KC doesn't value the RB position that way. Think they're more likely to just draft another rookie than to sign a big name like Bell.

Agree. Just can't see them spending that kind of coin on Bell. Shady is the only elite back Reid has ever had. I think he knows they can win without an elite back and won't allocate those kind of resources on a RB. I guess it's POSSIBLE considering they don't have to pay Mahomes until 2022. My guess would be that they'd want to have some cap flexibility for the defense.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, Utah John said:

RBs in this league have a tough time convincing anyone they're worth very much.  It's pretty sad.  A really talented RB with a bad O line is no more productive than a mediocre RB with a great O line.  And the team with the great O line can do more things offensively to help their passing game.  Why invest huge money in RBs?  There are some exceptional RBs who actually are worth more than the average, but not nearly the amount that Bell was trying to get from the Steelers. 

I don't think Bell is a bad-attitude, problem child like AB.  I think he had a very incorrect sense of his own market value.  If the Bills could get him for $3M a year, he is powerful enough to do better for them than Shady, who was lost behind that pathetic O line last year.  Shady deserves a chance to get only to a winning team to close out his career.

I would disagree.  A mediocre RB with a great O-line probably makes the Pro-bowl.  RBs are a dime a dozen.  

Now put a great RB behind a great line and you get great results. Emmitt Smith had no more talent than Barry or Thurman, but his o-line and QB were stellar.