Titanic II

/dev/null

So theres 2 titanic II's being built. This one in China is being built to stay put and be used as a hotel/resort and another that's supposed to be sea worthy and travel in Dubai and to New York. Probably best to buy tickets to the 2nd voyage on that ship....

There was talk of a partial replica being built in Niagara Falls that would be part of the ship and would house a museum and interactive exhibit. There was also a group who wanted to be another replica in the old Welland Canal that would also be used as a hotel and museum and exhibit. But it didnt pass through council as there were concerns over how and where the funding for it would be coming from.

11 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

There was also a group who wanted to be another replica in the old Welland Canal that would also be used as a hotel and museum and exhibit.

They never got the ok to dig the channel that would have allowed the ship to travel up to Veda Land, Doug Henning’s and the Maharishi’s proposed project of 1992.  ??

(yes, the ‘sarcasm’ light is full on...)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

They never got the ok to dig the channel that would have allowed the ship to travel up to Veda Land, Doug Henning’s and the Maharishi’s proposed project of 1992.  ??

Lol

This was actually something recent, in the last year being proposed that would have been built in place.

I used to work with someone who whenever these huge proposals would come up would mention that there was once a proposal to build a Disney park in Niagara Falls that never materialized.

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I used to work with someone who whenever these huge proposals would come up would mention that there was once a proposal to build a Disney park in Niagara Falls that never materialized.

I worked in Niagara Falls in close proximity to Marineland, there was the rumour that John Holer would sell to Disney at some point.  There also apparently was dug a canal that would have drawn water from the Welland River, to provide a boat ride in a southerly direction from the Marineland grounds.  Supposedly there also was owned a monorail that was never erected on Marineland property.  Why these projects never advanced, I do not know.

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I worked in Niagara Falls in close proximity to Marineland, there was the rumour that John Holer would sell to Disney at some point.  There also apparently was dug a canal that would have drawn water from the Welland River, to provide a boat ride in a southerly direction from the Marineland grounds.  Supposedly there also was owned a monorail that was never erected on Marineland property.  Why these projects never advanced, I do not know.

I heard of a monorail proposed for the falls.

I'm thinking probably funding stopped them from doing it. With the growing lawsuit's and constant whining from Peta over the park causing dwindling attendance, It wouldnt shock me to find out they didnt have the money for it 

Now with Holer gone, I wonder what direction they go in. Either they remove the animals and make it a straight amusement park, or they sell it off to a developer who will level it and make a subdivision like everywhere else.......

20 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

100 points for the Doug Henning reference!!!

B3851E11-D096-4BF4-BB11-55A4F1232F89.jpeg