OT: Business Trip Time

Puhonix

So I'm going to be in Dallas for the weekend, and need the name of a few things I should see, restaurants to eat at, sports bars to watch the final four in... all that helps. Any of you out there that can suggest some info would really help me out.

PS - Let's try to leave Drew out of this.

So I'm going to be in Dallas for the weekend, and need the name of a few things I should see, restaurants to eat at, sports bars to watch the final four in... all that helps. Any of you out there that can suggest some info would really help me out.

PS - Let's try to leave Drew out of this.

289901[/snapback]

What do you have against Drew Henson? Are you one of those "anti-Yankee" folks?

:doh:

If you've never been to this area before and would like to see some good ole' Texas Cowboy stuff, definitely get over to the "Stockyards" just north of Fort Worth. Billy Bobs is there as well.

You can look at all this stuff online as well.

Where in Dallas will you be - I've lived in DFW area for 7+ years.  PM me if you want.

289962[/snapback]

Conference is gonna be downtown, I'm staying at the Fairmont, but I'll ahve a rental car (heh heh).

Just to let you know, one of the things that the Fairmont is known for is attracting the well-heeled "alternative lifestyle" traveler.

290678[/snapback]

great..... I'll be spending a lot of time in my room.

great..... I'll be spending a lot of time in my room.

290720[/snapback]

No doubt! Pervert! :doh:

Depends on how much time you have and what you like to do (besides the alternative life style stuff, not that there's anything wrong with that).

In no particular order

The Grassy Knoll/Book Depository

Fogo de Chão--Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse. They will keep bringing you various cuts of meat until you tell them to stop.

The West End has some interesting stuff--bars--restaurants--shops etc.

aussiew mentioned FW--lots of fun stuff there, bars, restaurants, cows running down the street

No doubt!  Pervert! :doh:

aussiew mentioned FW--lots of fun stuff there, bars, restaurants, cows running down the street

290743[/snapback]

Are the cows part of the alternative lifestyle thing? :lol:

Fogo de Chão--Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse. They will keep bringing you various cuts of meat until you tell them to stop.

I had dinner there during my last trip (I go to Richardson/Telecom corridor about once every 8 weeks or so)--this is no lie...in fact even after you turn over your stop card--they still come over.... It was absolutely wonderful food. The veggies and other sides are great to...not that you'll have room for them after 5 lbs of beef..

Fogo de Chão--Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse.  They will keep bringing you various cuts of meat until you tell them to stop. 

I had dinner there during my last trip (I go to Richardson/Telecom corridor about once every 8 weeks or so)--this is no lie...in fact even after you turn over your stop card--they still come over....  It was absolutely wonderful food.  The veggies and other sides are great to...not that you'll have room for them after 5 lbs of beef..

290769[/snapback]

Went there for my daughter's B-day on Saturday and I'm still full.

There are enough of us in the DFW area, let us know before your next trip. There are no garbage plates, but we could find someplace for lunch.

I'm officially excited about Fogo now. Place sounds like a dream come true. Would this be a good Saturday night place where I can watch the game, or can someone point me to a good fun sports bar?

I'm officially excited about Fogo now. Place sounds like a dream come true. Would this be a good Saturday night place where I can watch the game, or can someone point me to a good fun sports bar?

290789[/snapback]

No, not a watch the game type of place, just a unique dining experience. The tab isn't cheap, and drinks are outrageously priced, but it is well worth it. Seriously give yourself an entire evening. The gauchos walk through the restaurant with long skewers of meat, each one a different cut of beef, pork, lamb or chicken. They stop at your table (if your card is green) and offer you their selection. The salad bar is outstanding as well, but it isn't the reason you're there.

Unless you get there early you should make a reservation. I would recommend getting there 5ish and you'll be seated right away. By the time you are finished there will be a huge waiting list.

fogo

I would go to the West End to watch the game. Here's some of the available sports bars:

linky

Went there for my daughter's B-day on Saturday and I'm still full.

There are enough of us in the DFW area, let us know before your next trip.  There are no garbage plates, but we could find someplace for lunch.

290778[/snapback]

Thanks Beer--I will do that.