Shady McCoy on ESPN First Take

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Careful their is a poster on here that will track you down and stalk you for a day for that kind of humor.  As if you make anykind of joke like that it means you condone such behavior.

He probably didnt mean it like that.  If anything he is trying to rebuild his confidence through self talk but putting down others isnt healthy.

Captains should be held to a higher standard.

I've been here long enough that I just don't GAF.  And I've already been stalked and put him in his place.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WEO you're really not making sense here. 

If someone habitually is on time for things, and then one time is late, does that somehow make it more likely to be an agenda or a gesture, rather than, you konw, a mistake?

Even habitually on time people are late sometimes.

41 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why are you so fixated on this one reported tardiness? Even if it was done out of frustration or pique it was a one time incident. The HC dealt with it and he accepted the symbolic punishment in an adult fashion. The incident and punishment were handled/discussed in a face to face meeting with the boss (HC) and him coming to an understanding. The HC wanted to make the point that everyone on the roster from top to bottom was going to be held accountable. And the person involved in the minor violation accepted the fact that he was in the wrong and the punishment was warranted. When all is said and done this minor infraction was handled well by all the parties involved.  

It makes sense when you realize he just doesn't like Shady. 

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

You can dislike a player and still be able to exhibit a degree of objectivity and proportionality regarding an incident. Zealotry can skew one's ability to assess and judge. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

You can dislike a player and still be able to exhibit a degree of objectivity and proportionality regarding an incident. Zealotry can skew one's ability to assess and judge. 

Apparently not everyone can.

On 1/26/2019 at 7:44 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WEO you're really not making sense here. 

If someone habitually is on time for things, and then one time is late, does that somehow make it more likely to be an agenda or a gesture, rather than, you konw, a mistake?

Even habitually on time people are late sometimes.

If he has been penalized for missing a bus any other season than his worst, where he was not getting the touches he gets, where’s he’s watching his rookie QB run wild and his own impact diminish...then, yeah, that seems like a gesture.

On 1/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, Doc said:

I've been here long enough that I just don't GAF.  And I've already been stalked and put him in his place.

You did what? Lol. You couldn’t even venture an answer to the simplest and most obvious question.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:21 PM, JohnC said:

Coached benched the only superstar for missing the bus.  Both were sending a message to each other.  Pretty straightforward John. 

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Coached benched the only superstar for missing the bus.  Both were sending a message to each other.  Pretty straightforward John. 

WEO, You are perplexingly taking a trivial issue and magnifying it and making it into a  broader statement. For one, McCoy is not a star. That's an exaggeration. His sparkling playing days are over with. The incident happened in a season where he was ineffectual, much of the due to the fact he was running behind a dysfunctional line. So maybe he expressed his frustration by being late for the bus. The HC called him out for his tardiness and symbolically punished him by not starting him. Both he and the HC met in the HC's office and hashed it out. That's the end of the story. 

You act as if McCoy is still a primary and influential player. The reality is he is no longer that type of player. What you are doing with your inexplicable fixation on this one incident that was appropriately handled is wasting your zealotry on triviality. Let it go and find another more worthy cause. 

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

WEO, You are perplexingly taking a trivial issue and magnifying it and making it into a  broader statement. For one, McCoy is not a star. That's an exaggeration. His sparkling playing days are over with. The incident happened in a season where he was ineffectual, much of the due to the fact he was running behind a dysfunctional line. So maybe he expressed his frustration by being late for the bus. The HC called him out for his tardiness and symbolically punished him by not starting him. Both he and the HC met in the HC's office and hashed it out. That's the end of the story. 

You act as if McCoy is still a primary and influential player. The reality is he is no longer that type of player. What you are doing with your inexplicable fixation on this one incident that was appropriately handled is wasting your zealotry on triviality. Let it go and find another more worthy cause. 

He's not??

Well, that would be news to him....and many here on this board.

I'm actually the one arguing he's no longer a primary or effective player, "bad O-line" or not.  In fact, that's my point.  I think McD sees what we see.  He's no longer able to make his own yards.  McCoy is unhappy with his diminished stature on the offense.  Since no one has ventured a guess as to why he would miss the bus at this point in his career and in this season, other than intentionally, I simply concluded he was acting out and the HC didn't appreciate it.  It's not a hard concept to conceive of, really.

We will see on draft day how the staff reacts further.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's not??

Well, that would be news to him....and many here on this board.

I'm actually the one arguing he's no longer a primary or effective player, "bad O-line" or not.  In fact, that's my point.  I think McD sees what we see.  He's no longer able to make his own yards.  McCoy is unhappy with his diminished stature on the offense.  Since no one has ventured a guess as to why he would miss the bus at this point in his career and in this season, other than intentionally, I simply concluded he was acting out and the HC didn't appreciate it.  It's not a hard concept to conceive of, really.

We will see on draft day how the staff reacts further.

You are missing the point. Whether his tardiness was intentional or not, so what! If he was unhappy about his diminished role and having to play behind an incapable line, so what! If he was acting out because of his frustration with his situation, so what! What's so unusual about a former primary player having a year in which his role and performance have precipitously declined? You are treating this trivial incident as a blockbuster event. It's not. Every team and coach has to deal with players' roles changing. That's simply part of the transition of older players declining and younger players are ascending. There is nothing unusual here that doesn't occur with every team in the league.  

I don't know why your critical juices are so activated about this one incident. There was no recurring pattern of bad behavior. It was a one time incident that was quickly dealt with. Just let it freaking go!: 

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

I understand your point, but my separate issue with Shady would be he's still getting $$$ as if he is. So do you think that he'll be willing to restructure his K accordingly? I doubt it. That together with his personal issues (who knows what will happen with his civil case messes) and this incident trivial that it may have been, is also why I'm guessing RB gets addressed this offseason enough to make him expendable, regardless of the FO's statements about his 2019 status. I know I know, we have the cap room to keep him...but why would a team keep a player just for the sake of keeping him if the money doesn't justify it? I don't know, but I think there will be a few more chapters written in this story before the season opens. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, FLFan said:

Well, he was called out by the coach publically, had his snaps dramatically reduced, and was cut.  Seems like a pretty strong message to me.  ?

We had to rim the fat off that route.

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I understand your point, but my separate issue with Shady would be he's still getting $$$ as if he is. So do you think that he'll be willing to restructure his K accordingly? I doubt it. That together with his personal issues (who knows what will happen with his civil case messes) and this incident trivial that it may have been, is also why I'm guessing RB gets addressed this offseason enough to make him expendable, regardless of the FO's statements about his 2019 status. I know I know, we have the cap room to keep him...but why would a team keep a player just for the sake of keeping him if the money doesn't justify it? I don't know, but I think there will be a few more chapters written in this story before the season opens. 

I'm not sure if he would be willing to restructure his contract or if the organization is even considering it. Why be bothered with his hefty salary for one more year when there is plenty of room to handle it? I doubt that he is going to be a prime or workhorse back any longer. Those days are in the past for him. That is not to say that he can't be effective as a situational runner and a receiver out of the backfield. This team has few offensive threats in its arsenal.  I still believe that he can be one for the short term. 

Some people are trying to portray him as a problem on the team. He has not been. Whatever issues he has had off the field have not affected how he has worked and behaved with the team. It wouldn't be surprising if the Bills bring in another challenging runner or two. That wouldn't be surprising because it is part of the normal rhythm of rosters constantly being changed.