BillsCoaching staff may like these potential moves

Get LJ Shelton who has good size yet good enough footwork & quick hands to potentially dominate under Jim McNally

Sign Alex Bannister WR (Seattle UFA) who is 6'5 with 4.4 speed to compete with Reed & Aiken. He is also a special teams pro bowl gunner.

Draft

CB Ronald Bartell in the 2nd roud of the draft. 6'1 with 4.37 speed. He is aggressive and Has the size and speed that teams covet, + With Nate Clements going into a contract year and Vincent moved to Safety and the lack of size of Mcgee, getting another quality CB on the roster will be important

WR/TE Vincent Jackson in the 3rd round 6'5 241 LBS with 4.46 speed. Played WR in college at a div 1aa school & dominated but has the size & smarts to play TE. Name a CB who can cover a guy this Big or a LB who can cover a guy this fast? He has good hands too.

RB Brandon Jacobs in the 4th round 6'4 261 4.59 speed

A huge back with decent speed to help McGahee wear out defenses

DT Sione Pouha 6'4 325lbs in the 5th round is strong and athletic

QB Stefan LeFors 6'0 4.53 speed in the 6th round a very mobile QB who doesn't have great size or the strongest arm but is smart and very accurate

Sign Peerless Price who is expected to be cut after June 1. Use alot of 3 wide receiver sets to spread the offense. More speed.

Can you imagine the possibilities of creating mismatches on offense.

This team would have so much size and speed on both sides of the ball it just sounds awesome.

Not Bad!

I think we'll need to get LeFors in the previous round, and Pouha in the previous round, too. that means we'll still need a RB in RD#6. How bout Nehemiah Broughton, almost as heavy and about as fast?

Sign Peerless Price who is expected to be cut after June 1. Use alot of 3 wide receiver sets to spread the offense. More speed.

288503[/snapback]

Now there's a prediction I did not expect! I like the idea though...if he came dirt cheap, which I doubt he would...Then again, it's not like Price is hurting for cash anymore...The outside Speed provided by PP and Evans would give Teams fits, and I imagine Moulds would benifit the most...

Interesting idea... Price and Moulds likely remain good friends, and there is no question PP was a different Player in Buffalo...The Bills WR Corps would rival any in the League with the addition of PP...

All that being said, I have a feeling PP gets at least another year in Atlanta to prove the Trade/Signing was not a complete bust... <_<

Not Bad!

I think we'll need to get LeFors in the previous round,  and Pouha in the previous round, too. that means we'll still need a RB in RD#6. How bout Nehemiah Broughton, almost as heavy and about as fast?

288604[/snapback]

That would be good too & maybe they could grab the best available kicker in the 7th round

Peerless back would be my wet dream, but I don't think its happening this season. We may not have the space next year either. BUt, yes we need another cb. Our defense's strongest assett is its ability to prevent the pass. The way the game is being played right now, we can't afford to lose a step by not conisitelnty keeping a fresh db core in the backfield. We have some studs at Linebacker, and will have for a year or two more. But we need to concentrate on the O-line most. TE we are actually fine. Knee rehab is not what it used to be. I had an acl torn, and was back in 4.5 months. It has never given me problems, and the doctors and faciliteis these athletes have access to is phenomenal. But Peerless, that would be the the biggest acquisition by any team this offseason in terms of improving a team. <_<

Gotta disagree with the Peerless thing. I think we're thinking too much about the Peerless that was in his last year with the Bills than the Peerless that was with the Bills the years prior and the last two with the Falcons.

I think the Peerless of 2002 was more a product of Kevin Gilbride's system. 2004 was the first year KG was the coordinator and we all remember how pass happy he was. On top of that you have Drew who also looked to go long and often, and PPs numbers were naturally inflated.

I'm not taking anything away from his ability, but in this run first, control the clock offense, with a young QB, Price wouldnt be of any benefit, imo. I could see him bitching after 4 games that he only has 6 or 7 catches. Sorry, but I'm glad he's gone and would rather see an improvement in the other aspects of the offense.

Gotta disagree with the Peerless thing. I think we're thinking too much about the Peerless that was in his last year with the Bills than the Peerless that was with the Bills the years prior and the last two with the Falcons.

I think the Peerless of 2002 was more a product of Kevin Gilbride's system. 2004 was the first year KG was the coordinator and we all remember how pass happy he was. On top of that you have Drew who also looked to go long and often, and PPs numbers were naturally inflated.

I'm not taking anything away from his ability, but in this run first, control the clock offense, with a young QB, Price wouldnt be of any benefit, imo. I could see him bitching after 4 games that he only has 6 or 7 catches. Sorry, but I'm glad he's gone and would rather see an improvement in the other aspects of the offense.

288733[/snapback]

Tend to agree on this front. I cannot say for sure, but it seems to me PP did not enjoy doing the little things that a WR in MM system is going to need to do in order to play significant snaps, and that is block, and block hard.

Bannister would be good on special teams but would barely be our 5th WR, regardless of his speed. He has caught about nine balls in four years and Seattle never seems to want him even though he's a good ST guy. That said, I still wouldn't mind him because I don't think we need both Aiken and Reed, just one or the other, with Not Quite So Fast But Shifty Freddie. I would love to see Kevin Johnson brought in though.

Get LJ Shelton who has good size yet good enough footwork & quick hands to potentially dominate under Jim McNally

288503[/snapback]

Of course he does and I'm sure that Gandy does too. Anyone we sign will "potentially dominate" under McNally. They just won't actively dominate. We'll be the best team on paper. We'll just have issues translating that to the field.

Sign Alex Bannister WR (Seattle UFA) who is 6'5 with 4.4 speed to compete with Reed & Aiken. He is also a special teams pro bowl gunner.

Draft

CB Ronald Bartell in the 2nd roud of the draft. 6'1 with 4.37 speed. He is aggressive and Has the size and speed that teams covet, + With Nate Clements going into a contract year and Vincent moved to Safety and the lack of size of Mcgee, getting another quality CB on the roster will be important

WR/TE Vincent Jackson in the 3rd round 6'5 241 LBS with 4.46 speed. Played WR in college at a div 1aa school & dominated but has the size & smarts to play TE.  Name a CB who can cover a guy this Big or a LB who can cover a guy this fast? He has good hands too.

RB Brandon Jacobs in the 4th round 6'4 261 4.59 speed

A huge back with decent speed to help McGahee wear out defenses

DT Sione Pouha 6'4 325lbs in the 5th round is strong and athletic

QB Stefan LeFors 6'0 4.53 speed in the 6th round a very mobile QB who doesn't have great size or the strongest arm but is smart and very accurate

This team would have so much size and speed on both sides of the ball it just sounds awesome.

288503[/snapback]

I would be very disappointed if the draft played out this way in terms of no OL being drafted. Positions like CB, RB and WR/TE can be addressed in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds.

I would be very disappointed if the draft played out this way in terms of no OL being drafted.  Positions like CB, RB and WR/TE can be addressed in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds.

288848[/snapback]

If the Bills Get Shelton the line would be set

Starters would Be

LT LJ Shelton

LG Mike Gandy

C Trey Teague

RG Chris Vallerial

RT Mike Williams

Backups would be

C/G Ryan Tucker

T Dylan McFarland

G Justin Bannon

T Jason Peters

Starters would Be

LT LJ Shelton

LG Mike Gandy

C Trey Teague

RG Chris Vallerial

RT Mike Williams

Backups would be

C/G Ryan Tucker

T Dylan McFarland

G Justin Bannon

T Jason Peters

289366[/snapback]

I'd be worried if two of our 4 backups on the OL are a DT reject and a TE whose primary problem was BLOCKING. I'd feel much better if the Bills used their 2nd and 3rd round picks on the OL and replaced Peters and Bannan on your depth chart with them.

I'd be worried if two of our 4 backups on the OL are a DT reject and a TE whose primary problem was BLOCKING.  I'd feel much better if the Bills used their 2nd and 3rd round picks on the OL and replaced Peters and Bannan on your depth chart with them.

289398[/snapback]

I agree with you in that 2 backups are from other postions but unless they decide to keep 10 linemen I would expect thats what will happen

Starters would Be

LT LJ Shelton

LG Mike Gandy

C Trey Teague

RG Chris Vallerial

RT Mike Williams

Backups would be

C/G Ryan Tucker

T Dylan McFarland

G Justin Bannon

T Jason Peters

289366[/snapback]

Mike Gandy isn't good enough to be a starter. Trey Teague can't provide dominant run-blocking, which we absolutely need if we're going to become as dominant in the running game as are the Steelers. This draft is supposed to be one of the best ever for centers, so I say we take a center on the draft's first day. If we need help at cornerback we can move Vincent back to CB and use Rashad Baker to take his place at FS.

Starters would Be

LT LJ Shelton

LG Mike Gandy

C Trey Teague

RG Chris Vallerial

RT Mike Williams

Backups would be

C/G Ryan Tucker

T Dylan McFarland

G Justin Bannon

T Jason Peters

289366[/snapback]

I think the Bills tned to carry at least 10 olinemen. I suspect we are still awaiting one more FA signing.

Maybe they are trying to move up in the 2nd round to draft Baas

289447[/snapback]

No my point was the draft pick plus one more FA. Plus, there is no way we only go to camp with 10 signed linemen. We will bring in another 5 or 6 vets and rookie FA, just for camp fodder.