(ot) whatever happened to the Fabulous Sports Babe

bluenews

While I wouldn't wish anyone death, she was pretty awful....her typical Monday morning shows, during the NFL season, comprised of her just screaming, over and over "Just score more points than the other team...score more points" to anyone that complained about their team...

I remember Steve Czaven, around that time, was the morning guy on Sporting News Radio....he used to refer to her as "The Flatulant Sports Pig"...classless, but still funny!

Nanci Donnellan left the business I believe for health issues (ie. She's the size of a blimp)

She wrote at least one book........ I think she's still alive.

THE BABE IN BOYLAND:

The Fabulous Sports Babe with Neal Karlen.

By Nanci Donnellan.

Reveals how she rocketed to success in the macho world of sports broadcasting, and became the host the number one sports talk show on the airwaves. Includes her uncensored insights on such topics as greedy owners, agents and players, O.J. Simpson, and opera. Illustrated. 197 pages. Published by HarperCollins.

I was living in Seattle when she was the local celeb. I believe she came to Seattle from Tampa. She was very good, but again got in too many people's faces and got fired.

After she left Seattle, the station had some promo's made saying that they were:

THE STATION THAT LAUNCHED THE BABE!

Sorry to hear about the cancer situation, I hope she recovers!

I liked her because she was honest. Even though she was a Phins fan whenever I called in to ask her why Brian Cox and the phins choked against the Bills again (which they did a lot in the 90's) she was really honest. She didn't like Ohio State and could identify with that. Hope she gets well.