Being screwed by my company

Punching Bag

On 1/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, Limeaid said:

I just got notice I was promoted. 

I was promoted from Senior Systems Engineer thru Systems Engineer Senior to Systems Engineer Advisor. 

By thru I mean my company merged (absorbed) another company so my title was changed to Systems Engineer Senior (that title makes me feel old) and then promoted to Systems Engineer Advisor on new title scale. No word on whether a raise comes with new title but evidently it was needed for me because my salary was at the top of the range for Systems Engineer Senior and without a promotion I could only get cost of living raises.  I asked my boss about this new title and he said it tells the Engineer also has leadership duties/responsibilities. 

I went to glassdoor and the average reported salaries for Systems Engineer Advisor were significantly less than Senior Systems Engineer so wondering how this affects my job hunt post working at this company.  Also interesting is that our review cycle has just started for year meaning I got promotion before review.  I asked my boss if this meant I did not have to do my self assessment and I still need to do it. :(

Oh my. I weep for your misfortune. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

just wondering if Limeaid can perform some of his job remotely if it is administrative in nature. If so, would this alleviate some of the pain?

Well he’s about to jet off to Hong Kong now that he’s back from FMLA leave so maybe we’ll find out!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm too late!!

If ever there was a situation which called for a Limeaid care package this is definitely getting closer to that situation.

If Limeaid hasn’t thrown a feces filled napkin on his HR supervisor’s chair yet, I hate to see what he does when he DOESN’T get a promotion.