You can kiss Henry good-bye

Pittsburgh, Denver, NE, and Miami, is 4 games in 3 years.  Last year he wasn;t staying on his feet long enough to fumble. 

And when a back is losing games for you that is bad.

288250[/snapback]

I'm talking about where we were ahead in the fourth quarter and he fumbled and we lost because of his fumble.

If we want to mix in another power back...how about this guy?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1140

Vet minimum--will only cost $450K or so against the cap.

288253[/snapback]

For vet minimum, if he wanted to yeah. He could start for a few games if needed. The only problem is we already have Shaud Williams, who doesn't play special teams, we have both Travis (still) and Willis who do not play special teams. Can we really have another back, even if replacing Travis, who doesn't play special teams?

I'm talking about where we were ahead in the fourth quarter and he fumbled and we lost because of his fumble.

288254[/snapback]

Denver, Pittsburgh, and NE we all situations where we were tied or ahead. Miami, we were ahead but those were not 4th quarter fumbles.

Denver, Pittsburgh, and NE we all situations where we were tied or ahead.  Miami, we were ahead but those were not 4th quarter fumbles.

288260[/snapback]

What games are you talking about? Maybe I'm crazy but the Denver game I recall he fumbled in the first quarter. I think the Pitts game we lost a couple years ago he fumbled in the first half, too. You said he fumbled late and we lost several games. Frankly, I can't think of one.

Travis has never had that ability and his propensity to fumble late has actually lost us several games.

Hey JoeF, hey suggestion. I would take either ex-Giant player, same dog food different label. Here's another idea. Make Jason "Peterbuilt" Peters a H-back and put him in for short yardage/relief appereances. Now that would a power running game!

TD and MM are always wanting a power running game and with a young, inexperienced QB starting this year, do you think a TH type between the tackle back-up RB be a good solution? After Willis MaGahee massages a defense, would it be good to bring in a fresh power runner? I think so. I would not be surprised if Buffalo picks up a veteran FA RB and goes for other needs/depth in the early rounds of the draft. I think RB Ron Dayne would make an excellent choice to back-up and/or spell WM. Instead of Thunder and Lightning, we can call our RB tandem Bam-Bam.

This team is too young, especially in the backfield, to just go with inexperienced RBs. WM doesn't even have a full year starting under his belt. Throw in that if he ever got plowed in that knee again we would really be up the creek. Don't be shocked if you hear in the near future that Dayne, or someone of that caliber, comes visiting at One Bills Drive.

288039[/snapback]

In a word, NO. Backup RBs need to be less one dimensional than TH.

I still can't understand why they let Sammie Morris walk...

288347[/snapback]

Because he has worse hands then Travis, is always hurt, and behind our line wasn't running well and his blocking was terrible. He was a top tier receiving running back though. Problem is without some blocking ability it make him a liability as a third down back.

Does he play ST?  I haven't watched Chicago enough to know if he was out there.

288424[/snapback]

Me either really...I know I did see him a bit this year and he looked pretty good...But I know I always liked the Kid, and it seems to me the Bills could do worse...He has Rushed for over a 1000 yards twice, and averaged almost 4.0 yards per carry in Chicago...

Only 122 for 404 in 2004...2 Starts, 12 Games Played...

Like I said, I just like the Kid...

Go Blue (again)! 0:)

Me either really...I know I did see him a bit this year and he looked pretty good...But I know I always liked the Kid, and it seems to me the Bills could do worse...He has Rushed for over a 1000 yards twice, and averaged almost 4.0 yards per carry in Chicago...

Only 122 for 404 in 2004...2 Starts, 12 Games Played...

Like I said, I just like the Kid...

Go Blue (again)!  0:)

288427[/snapback]

But we already have Williams who is a backup RB who doesn't play ST. We lost PP who was one of our better ST'ers. We really need to consider that IMHO when it comes time to get another RB.

Because he has worse hands then Travis, is always hurt, and behind our line wasn't running well and his blocking was terrible.  He was a top tier receiving running back though.  Problem is without some blocking ability it make him a liability as a third down back.

288421[/snapback]

Hmmm. Thought he was considered a good ST player. No.?

Last season, he had 523 yards rushing, a 4.0 ave, got 31 fd's, and scored 6 td's with the troubled dolphin's OL.

D

Hmmm. Thought he was considered a good ST player. No.?

Last season, he had 523 yards rushing, a 4.0 ave, got 31 fd's, and scored 6 td's with the troubled dolphin's OL.

D

288429[/snapback]

He is okay, he was the ST captain, more because of seniority. But he was constantly getting banged up.

But we already have Williams who is a backup RB who doesn't play ST.  We lost PP who was one of our better ST'ers.  We really need to consider that IMHO when it comes time to get another RB.

288428[/snapback]

I hear ya...And I'm definitely not considering ST's contributions...Then again it's not like Henry did much on ST's last year...

I think the Bills will be fine on ST's...At least I'm hoping the attitude has set in for good there... 0:)

Because he has worse hands then Travis, is always hurt, and behind our line wasn't running well and his blocking was terrible.  He was a top tier receiving running back though.  Problem is without some blocking ability it make him a liability as a third down back.

288421[/snapback]

Well, okay. But other than that, what's wrong with him? 0:)