1968 - Mother of All Demos

/dev/null

58 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Could you imagine what that guy would think of a smartphone? 

He died in 2013.  It's probably documented.

This is the sad part...

"According to the Doug Engelbart Institute, his death came after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease, which he was diagnosed with in 2007..."

That's right @ debut of the smartphone.  Sad.

23 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Breezed through a little.  Fascinating.  What caught my eye, everything is in capital, upper case letters.  Is that line above the proper names, first word, etc... Suppose to signify the difference between lower and upper case?

People yelled a lot back then.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

People yelled a lot back then.

He he... When I am jotting down passwords, case sensitive stuff, etc.. I will under-score the uppercase letters.  I never seen an over-score.

When you press the shift-key, the under-score is with the "-" sign.  That's my logic for notating caps by hand and what I am lettering is case sensitive.  I tend to print, don't use cursive and letter uppercase and lowercase altogether, just depends on height of letters too to signify uppercase and a set font I am using at that particular time.

Through high school and into College, I took drafting.  Back then, you'd letter by hand and develop your own consistent font on what looked decent or unique... 

That upper-score letters in video looks wild.