Patrick Peterson Trade Value

BillsMafia13

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

a first rounder and big salary for 2 years?  Then another huge contract....for a (top) CB?  Nah.

This isn't a value proposition.  As others have noted, Tre is a star in the making.  Spending all the above on adding Peterson on the other side doesn't make this a significantly better passing D.  Is Arizona's passing D that much better now?  Numbers say no.  So why add Peterson at that cost?

This history of unwise FO moves is littered with huge sums paid for "shutdown CBs" deep into their prime.

Agree.  Peterson is attractive when seen through a single lens.  IMO it is not when trying to build a complete team.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Wallace looks like he is killing it ever since they inserted him and he is a rookie......

Why make a trade like this when there are obvious needs on the team?

We are going to need a 3rd corner....but McD finds these guys when he orders a happy meal from McDonalds it seems

Wallace has played well, certainly. I still worry about his speed, I think that is an issue and the Bills have been protecting him by playing more 2 deep behind which has a knock on effect to the aggression with which they play up front. I'm not desperate to replace Wallace, but if you get the chance to get the best corner in the game - and that still is Pat Pete - and team him up with Tre..... I mean that would be incredible. Peterman and White allows you to mix in some man as well whereas I'm not sure they feel comfortable at the moment leaving Wallace in a genuine 1v1. To me they definitely need to bring a legitimate corner in during FA or the draft (ie. not another Philip Gaines) and let that guy compete for the starting spot opposite Tre next year. If Wallace beats that guy out - great. If he doesn't Wallace is a pretty solid 3rd outside corner.

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

For the investment to pay off they'd need to resign him, and that means a new contract after the first year, if not immediately.

Well hes got 2 more years on his contract so idk what you mean.  But thats before all the big contracts will hit us so id at least be interested to see what 2 years of his prime will get us while we fill other holes.