Backup RB for Willis McGahee

Its safe to say Henry will be dealt somewhere, for what who knows, and the Bills IMO need to solidfy their backup RB when he is gone. Would you like to see the Bills go via the NFL Draft to get a backup or is there a decent RB via FA who has experience that the Bills can sign for decent $?

Draft a guy who is a complement to the ones we already have. Since we have a lightbody already, and we'll be getting rid of TH, we need a banger inside. My best guess is TA McLendon in RD#4.

RD#3---JJ Arrington. "As an inside runner, he has great power and is strong in his lower body. He has outstanding balance and is tough to bring down with just arm tackles."

RD#4---TA McLendon or (a distant second choice) KayJay Harris if they fall to RD4. Sproles is too much of a "dancer". ... "As a pure running back, McLendon is an outstanding prospect. He has a strong, squatty build and runs low to the ground. He shows excellent run instincts and vision. He finds the hole and hits it quickly, showing an impressive burst. ....is very tough to bring down."

Draft a guy who is a complement to the ones we already have. Since we have a lightbody already, and we'll be getting rid of TH, we need a banger inside. My best guess is TA McLendon in RD#4.

RD#3---JJ Arrington. "As an inside runner, he has great power and is strong in his lower body. He has outstanding balance and is tough to bring down with just arm tackles."

RD#4---TA McLendon or (a distant second choice) KayJay Harris if they fall to RD4. Sproles is too much of a "dancer". ... "As a pure running back, McLendon is an outstanding prospect. He has a strong, squatty build and runs low to the ground. He shows excellent run instincts and vision. He finds the hole and hits it quickly, showing an impressive burst. ....is very tough to bring down."

287165[/snapback]

Arrington is really good and would be an excellent choice Ithink, but he may go in round two, no?

287165[/snapback]

If we end up drafting Diamond Ferri he can play safety AND runningback.

287165[/snapback]

I like the sound of McLendon that is for sure, he can be very useful especially in short yardage situations...anything written about his receiving skills? Do you think the Bills need to look for that kind of back who can catch out of the backfield and be a threat or do you think that aspect of a RB is overrated?

I like the sound of McLendon that is for sure, he can be very useful especially in short yardage situations...anything written about his receiving skills?  Do you think the Bills need to look for that kind of back who can catch out of the backfield and be a threat or do you think that aspect of a RB is overrated?

287173[/snapback]

I had a chance to watch TA McClendon play for NC State over the last couple of years. He is an excellent running back with size, power, and agility. He also is known for having decent hands out of the backfield. His biggest issue is staying healthy and holding onto the ball as he is fumble prone. He would be great addition to the bills if he can learn to hold onto the ball.

Yeah went to Bishop Lynch in Dallas TX when he was a sophmore and I was a senior. I use to joke around with him and ask him if I was ever going to be as good him. He didn't have lot of money got in on scholarship and is a great kid. Really nice guy with great upbringing and loves to win. It be crazy if we got him.

His biggest issue is staying healthy and holding onto the ball as he is fumble prone. He would be great addition to the bills if he can learn to hold onto the ball.

287204[/snapback]

Aren't we trying to trade one of these AWAY?

I had a chance to watch TA McClendon play for NC State over the last couple of years.  He is an excellent running back with size, power, and agility. He also is known for having decent hands out of the backfield. His biggest issue is staying healthy and holding onto the ball as he is fumble prone. He would be great addition to the bills if he can learn to hold onto the ball.

287204[/snapback]

As House says, McClendon has a tough time staying healthy. He's been injured several times over his college career that caused him to miss quite a few games the last couple of years. If he's still there in the 4th or higher I might take him, but I wouldn't be pi$$ed if he wasn't available any more.