Anyone still watching the Apprentice?

Granted this season isn't that great....but, I am looking forward to seeing this Chris kid have a total melt-down in the board room and have Trump call security to drag him out.

286859[/snapback]

Ha ha. We've got to be within a week or two of just that. I was thinking the same things last night.

I didn't fully understand why Carolyn got so hot over by the final comment that got the black-haired chick fired. I thought she was just making a joking remark.

Trump actually thought the last comment was amusing as well....until he saw that it ticked off Carolyn and George.

then he did a 180 and canned her.

funny stuff.

286872[/snapback]

Yeah, it's always funny how abrupt things end in the board room. Trump really let Carolyn and George decide things last night.

I didn't fully understand why Carolyn got so hot over by the final comment that got the black-haired chick fired. I thought she was just making a joking remark.

286865[/snapback]

I'm not 100% sure, but i think whatever the comment was, it was edited out.

The question she asked was "But do you have to listen to them?" in a joking way... that couldn't have been it.

I watch the Aprrentice alot, and there is a TON of editing (and poor editing at that) that goes on in the board room scenes.

The question she asked was "But do you have to listen to them?" in a joking way...  that couldn't have been it.

I watch the Aprrentice alot, and there is a TON of editing (and poor editing at that) that goes on in the board room scenes.

286874[/snapback]

I agree, and it was very evident that there was some choppy editing there. But there wasn't anything else. I was thinking that Carolyn and George both interpreted that question as an attempt to play Trump against them -- kind of like: "Remember, Mr. Trump, you're in charge here, not the two freaks flanking you."

was thinking that Carolyn and George both interpreted that question as an attempt to play Trump against them -- kind of like: "Remember, Mr. Trump, you're in charge here, not the two freaks flanking you."

I agree. It was very a bad move on her part. Plus, she winked at Trump when she said it.

For people that are supposed to be the smart and savvy I can't believe that thay resort to arguing with Trump.

Carolyn and George are blatant syncopants. Every show he asks if he did the right thing and even when it is obvious that they had other opinions they invariably agree that he made a great choice.

Since these are his most trusted aides it's pretty obvious what kind of employee Trump really wants.

For people that are supposed to be the smart and savvy I can't believe that thay resort to arguing with Trump. 

Carolyn and George are blatant syncopants.  Every show he asks if he did the right thing and even when it is obvious that they had other opinions they invariably agree that he made a great choice.

Since these are his most trusted aides it's pretty obvious what kind of employee Trump really wants.

287178[/snapback]

Don't agree. I think Trump values and seeks their input. The head coach confers with his coordinators to get better insight from those closest to the players and ultimately makes all final decisions. No different with Trump. He can't be everywhere at once and has trusted aids who act as his eyes and ears. He values their opinions, takes in the info they provide, and makes a decision based on their input and his own observations. Like the head coach, he's the one who ultimately gets the blame or credit, depending on the outcome.

Just because they often agree with him doesn't make them synchophants. It more likely means that they have similar business philosphies. I don't think Trump would want a staff full of yes men and women. He wants people who are creative and can be an asset. When Trump asks George and Carolyn if he did the right thing, I think he's looking for validation. I also believe, to a guy like Trump, it's just as telling and important HOW they answer the question as the actual words are. He's a bit of a poker player.

Erin was getting too cocky and was starting to think she was untouchable.

She was safe until she opened her mouth.

BTW - it's really easy to tell from the first 5 minutes which team will win and who is getting fired. The way the show is edited, they begin targeting the eventual victim from the get go. A few minutes into the show I said to my wife "Erin's gone tonight". Sho' 'nuff.

The question she asked was "But do you have to listen to them?" in a joking way...  that couldn't have been it.

286874[/snapback]

It was insulting to "superiors" and undermined their authority in front of their boss and the others. It's fine to be funny, but in the business world there's a time and place for it. The board room isn't one of them. Not a smart move, which the Donald proved because she sealed her own fate with that "wiseguy" remark!

Who is your favorite to win?

I think it is between Tana and Alex, with Stephane and Kendra having an outside shot.

I would lean heavily towards Tana, except for that fact that during the Interview session the executives haved seemed to favor education.

I think Trump may be looking to select a woman this time if the opportunity presents itself.

Granted this season isn't that great....but, I am looking forward to seeing this Chris kid have a total melt-down in the board room and have Trump call security to drag him out.

286859[/snapback]

Really? I actually think this season is pretty good.....maybe I'm in the minority, but I usually tune in ever week. I actually thought the boardroom part last night was one of the more entertaining ones I've seen.

As for the task, I was glad that Craig's idea ended up being money. What a bunch of whiners the rest of his team was in the beginning......I don't care what the task is, you get involved and do your best. That's what being a professional is all about. At least one of them admitted that probably Craig was the only one who really deserved the 'reward' in the end.

Carolyn and George are blatant syncopants.  Every show he asks if he did the right thing and even when it is obvious that they had other opinions they invariably agree that he made a great choice.

I don't know that I agree with that. I don't think Trump wanted to fire Erin last night. He seemed like he wanted to fire the project manager. But they disagreed, and he went with that they said.

That said, how valuable can these two people really be to Trump if he has them follow the contestants around for 4 months out of the year? I mean, honestly. Maybe they WERE important and that's why they were chosen for the gig. But now? I doubt they do much other than the show.

Lastly, I don't think Erin's comment ("Do you really need to listen to them?") was any worse than what the PM said when asked who to send back to the suite ("How about me?").

I don't understand why the voiceovers are SOOO terrible though. Not even close to the same sound. Pretty sad.

CW

That said, how valuable can these two people really be to Trump if he has them follow the contestants around for 4 months out of the year?  I mean, honestly. 

287365[/snapback]

LOL! That's a good point, bro

I don't know that I agree with that.  I don't think Trump wanted to fire Erin last night.  He seemed like he wanted to fire the project manager.  But they disagreed, and he went with that they said.

I didn't see it last night but I'm crushed that Erin got the boot. She was my favorite reason to watch! :doh:

I don't know that I agree with that.  I don't think Trump wanted to fire Erin last night.  He seemed like he wanted to fire the project manager.  But they disagreed, and he went with that they said.

That said, how valuable can these two people really be to Trump if he has them follow the contestants around for 4 months out of the year?  I mean, honestly.  Maybe they WERE important and that's why they were chosen for the gig.  But now?  I doubt they do much other than the show.

Lastly, I don't think Erin's comment ("Do you really need to listen to them?") was any worse than what the PM said when asked who to send back to the suite ("How about me?").

I don't understand why the voiceovers are SOOO terrible though.  Not even close to the same sound.  Pretty sad.

CW

287365[/snapback]

You're probably right, to a point. I do remember that Carolyn was missing for a few weeks, presumably because she was tending to other business responsibilities that took priority. Although, Trump loves his celebrity and this show I'm sure is at the top of his priority list!

And you're right, the PM remark did jump out at me as inappropriate and I thought she might be in for a scolding! But once George and Carolyn saved her she was out of consideration and Trump was just waiting for someone to say something stupid to give the boot to. I don't think he cared who left, it was just a matter of timing and who would step up and hang themselves!

286874[/snapback]

A TON OF EDITING!!! My wife and I laugh on how they'll pipe in the Donald making a comment in the boradroom. The audio is definitely different and they also do room shots when this part is being played.

I like the program but the editing sucks!

Plus i agree about last night. What was the big deal about her comment. I thought it was pretty funny and Trump liked it. Until stupid Carolynn opened her mouth.

Carolynn is very jealous of some of these young girls.