The 5th Amendment

Kemp

And Trump says Stone has guts for taking the 5th. Trump thinks taking the 5th shows you're a mobster unless It's an associate of his. Then it shows guts.

Sometimes it's too easy picking this guy apart. Not that it's not fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

All these criminals in this administration..,,

Criminals tend to hang out with other criminals. 

Funny how often Trump supporters are forced to look the other way and feign disinterest when it's yet another nail in their leader's coffin.

What's scary is that no matter what damning evidence comes out, they will find excuses for it and continue supporting him. 

There will never be a shortage of idiots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The point remains either taking the 5th is or is not an admission of guilt. It doesn't depend upon who your friends are.

I don't think it's an admission of guilt. It's a right.

Trump' s opinion is that if you like him it's fine. Otherwise it's an admission of guilt.

What's your view on the 5th or does it change along the lines of Trump?

13 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The point remains either taking the 5th is or is not an admission of guilt. It doesn't depend upon who your friends are.

I don't think it's an admission of guilt. It's a right.

Trump' s opinion is that if you like him it's fine. Otherwise it's an admission of guilt.

What's your view on the 5th or does it change along the lines of Trump?

The 5th is an important right. Lois Lerner used it to avoid incriminating herself. I don't think she was worried about a perjury trap while testifying before Congress but she was certainly worried about admitting guilt. Roger Stone may or may not have done something illegal but knew that the only way he could get in trouble would be in a process crime via a perjury trap. He said FU to Mueller and his team by pleading the 5th. Lerner's pleading of the 5th was just a tad different.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Criminals tend to hang out with other criminals. 

Funny how often Trump supporters are forced to look the other way and feign disinterest when it's yet another nail in their leader's coffin.

What's scary is that no matter what damning evidence comes out, they will find excuses for it and continue supporting him. 

There will never be a shortage of idiots.

Ha ha ha, the damning evidence that has come out every day for the last two years.

”THIS TIME TRUMP IS FINISHED!”

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

The 5th is an important right. Lois Lerner used it to avoid incriminating herself. I don't think she was worried about a perjury trap while testifying before Congress but she was certainly worried about admitting guilt. Roger Stone may or may not have done something illegal but knew that the only way he could get in trouble would be in a process crime via a perjury trap. He said FU to Mueller and his team by pleading the 5th. Lerner's pleading of the 5th was just a tad different.

How do you determine one person is guilty when they plead the 5th and another person might be? 

You can only be caught committing perjury if you knowingly lie.

You can't be trapped.

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Ha ha ha, the damning evidence that has come out every day for the last two years.

”THIS TIME TRUMP IS FINISHED!”

I often make the mistake that people understood how investigations work. 

Expecting evidence from the first day of an investigation shows a distinct lack of understanding of the process. 

Evidence comes out when findings are presented. You really didn't know that?

If there is no evidence, Trump and his supporters can crow about it. Until then we don't know the results of the investigation.

I know which way I'm betting. You know which way you are betting, but that we don't have the results yet is only proof of innocence to the less bright and the blanket deniers. 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You are naïve.

Give me some examples of people who have been wrongly convicted in "perjury traps". 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

I often make the mistake that people understood how investigations work. 

Expecting evidence from the first day of an investigation shows a distinct lack of understanding of the process. 

Evidence comes out when findings are presented. You really didn't know that?

If there is no evidence, Trump and his supporters can crow about it. Until then we don't know the results of the investigation.

I know which way I'm betting. You know which way you are betting, but that we don't have the results yet is only proof of innocence to the less bright and the blanket deniers. 

This is naive. There are plenty of ways to know how an investigation is going by the filings said investigators make. 

To date, not a single filing has been made regarding Russian collusion/Treason. Not one. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I wonder how long you will be able to say that for. 

Until there's evidence showing otherwise. 

It's been two years. I've devoted a lot of time, effort, and capital into this investigation and still have yet to see anything that makes me even suspect there's fire below all the smoke. 

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is naive. There are plenty of ways to know how an investigation is going by the filings said investigators make. 

To date, not a single filing has been made regarding Russian collusion/Treason. Not one. 

To date means zero.

I know you know an investigation works. At least most of your arguments are rational even if I disagree with them, unlike some here who just post angry nonsense.

By the way, have you seen the redacted filings? I haven't. Do you think it's even possible that there may be some evidence in Flynn's testimony? We do know from the redacted material that there are at least 2 criminal investigations currently under way. If they only contained evidence of crimes committed by Flynn, Mueller would not have asked for no jail time for him.

This does not mean there exists proof of conspiracy or other crimes, but it points to some alleged crimes being committed by people other than Flynn.

Since we know that deals are never cut to go after underlings, we know that the target(s) are higher in the food chain than Flynn. The only people I can think of that are higher in this foodchain might be Manafort, Kushner, Don Jr., Ivanka, and the President.

It doesn't mean they are guilty, but it absolutely means that someone in that group will be charged with some crime(s).

The best argument for your side will be if none of them involve conspiracy.

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Until there's evidence showing otherwise. 

It's been two years. I've devoted a lot of time, effort, and capital into this investigation and still have yet to see anything that makes me even suspect there's fire below all the smoke. 

If there is evidence, Mueller has it. All these cooperating witnesses must have something to say. Trump wanted that hotel, but sanctions were preventing it, so Russia helped Trump.