The First Play of the Sean Taylor Game.

whatdrought

Loved Sean Taylor the player, one of my all-time favs in college ball, and wanted him on the Bills badly, may he RIP...

... but I agree with KD. :D

No way in hell should the Bills have taken a knee on the first play. Nice words about him before the game more than sufficed.

12 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That was an awesome hit. Nothing wrong about it.

The coaches meet up before the game. I bet Gibbs said something about it to the Bills' coach at the time, just as a heads up.

They did discuss it and agree. The Bills were running a play to not score or make a big gain.

This was all planned. There was no need to take a knee.

13 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Hey guys. Saw something random and it made me think of this. 

When Sean Taylor was killed, we played the skins the next week (won on a last minute fieldgoal due to a strange mistake from Gibbs in calling two timeouts if I recall). The first play on D the skins left one player off the field to honor ST. We ran a sweep to Freddy. 

I remember at the time thinking that it would have been more classy for us to take a knee or to do something to honor him- though I understand if that may have been seen as besmirching the competition which Taylor was all about... 

Wondered what those of you who remember this moment were thinking at the time? I haven't ever heard any other perspective on this. 

I especially remember the two consecutive time outs Gibbs Called.  

This play may have been scripted before the defense took the filed.

That would have been a class move to take a knee.