The Alliance of American Football Quarterback Draft Was Conducted on 11/27

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The ncaa isn’t a minor league. I don’t understand why people say that. The nhl nba and mlb all have minor leagues and every one of those sports are played at the college level. It’s nothing like a minor league. The teams have no control over any of the college players. Minor league would mean the teams have control and rights over players. It absolutely can happen in the NFL and someday it will. The first one of these leagues that figures out it needs the NFL affiliation, will be the one that will succeed.

I consider the NCAA a minor league for the NFL for sure.  You can take college baseball, hockey, and basketball together down eaul half of what the college football makes. All those sports you have a lot of players that start playing in the league at 18, you dont have that in football.

Well every single "junior" league except for the AFL has always failed. USFL, WFL, XFL all bombed.   AFL worked largely because there were a lot of cities still not covered by the NFL.  Now pretty much every major metropolitan area that can sustain and NFL franchise has a team.  I dont see the NFL risking any serious money to generate a minor league.

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Think of how much better they'd be if they didn't have to pretend to actually be there for an education.  Think of how much better they'd be as rookies if they're paid in a developmental league where the only focus is preparing for the NFL.

Let kids who want to play football whilst pursuing a degree go to college.

Let kids who just want to get to the NFL get paid to prepare in a development league.

The vast majority of the draftable NCAA players' only focus IS preparing for the NFL.

The latter group will be a handful of hopefuls, that's it.

The current system wrks perfectly. 

This is a solution in search of a problem.

On 11/28/2018 at 2:29 PM, Gugny said:

Cheers.

Every pissed off veteran could never watch, or attend, another NFL game and the NFL wouldn't even notice, feel it, or care.  They're still getting those advertising dollars.

Bully for them.  I'm doing what I feel is right and that's all I can control.

On 11/28/2018 at 2:48 PM, Gugny said:

I'm sorry, but you're making no sense.  By boycotting the big box stores, supporting local mom and pops is EXACTLY what one would do.

You're boycotting the NFL, but still watching the Bills.  That's just not how boycotts work.  Because every time you watch a Bills game, you're feeding the NFL piggy bank.

I don't really give a rat's ass if you think what I'm doing makes sense.  I'm doing what I consider to be right and that's all I can control. 

26 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Bully for them.  I'm doing what I feel is right and that's all I can control.

I don't really give a rat's ass if you think what I'm doing makes sense.  I'm doing what I consider to be right and that's all I can control. 

I don't know where all of this hostility is coming from.  If you want to engage in selective boycotting measures, by all means, have at it.  Those are the kinds of freedoms vets fought for.

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The vast majority of the draftable NCAA players' only focus IS preparing for the NFL.

The latter group will be a handful of hopefuls, that's it.

The current system wrks perfectly. 

This is a solution in search of a problem.

...agree it is the PLAYERS' focus to get to the promised $$$ land.....but is it still the principal focus of NCAA football?....STRICTLY opinion, but I say no.......they no longer want to be the non-compensated developmental league for the NFL and I don't blame them......so if the spread or Air Raid are NFL non-conforming relative to development, but put cheeks in the seats, lead to some highly publicized collegiate football games, make boosters happy happy and lead to a megamillions bowl game, what do you think is the priority?......MLB, NHL and even NBA have substantial minor league developmental clubs, but NFL owners are far too poor to afford such luxuries, right??.....imagine Jurrah funding minor league clubs and giving up plastic surgeries?....blasphemy.....