for the life of me, why does anyone ...

have anyone's illusions about life in the nfl circa 1978-1988 been shattered? does anyone really think that many, many bills players in that era weren't jacked on steroids and amphetamines? of course they were, and anyone who has followed football should know that!! my god, all he did was speak a well known and obvious truth. what's with you people attacking haslett?? were you freakin' born yesterday?

have anyone's illusions about life in the nfl circa 1978-1988 been shattered? does anyone really think that many, many bills players in that era weren't jacked on steroids and amphetamines?  of course they were, and anyone who has followed football should know that!! my god, all he did was speak a well known and obvious truth.  what's with you people attacking haslett?? were you freakin' born yesterday?

285739[/snapback]

He's a rat. You wanna tell on yourself, fine. Go right ahead. But don't narc out anyone else.

He's a rat. You wanna tell on yourself, fine. Go right ahead. But don't narc out anyone else.

285745[/snapback]

he narced on anyone who played o-line or d-line in that era. and is narcing was the equivalent of saying it was the rooster, not the duck, who crowed at dawn. anyway, any one who thinks that joe devlin, ken jones, etc. etc. weren't using roids is welcome to buy a bridge in brooklyn from me.

he narced on anyone who played o-line or d-line in that era. and is narcing was the equivalent of saying it was the rooster, not the duck, who crowed at dawn. anyway, any one who thinks that joe devlin, ken jones, etc. etc. weren't using roids is welcome to buy a bridge in brooklyn from me.

285755[/snapback]

He should of said a blanket statement then. He singled out Kent Hull. Haslett is a POS!

He should of said a blanket statement then.  He singled out Kent Hull.  Haslett is a POS!

285758[/snapback]

you're twisting what he said, which was that an thinly disguised player (KH) was too small, so the rest of the offensive linemen on the team, clearly well-practiced in the art of steroid use, provided them to him. he's pretty much saying that the entire offensive line took them. again, if you don't believe that everyone on the line was taking them, that bridge is still for sale.

you're twisting what he said, which was that an thinly disguised player (KH) was too small, so the rest of the offensive linemen on the team, clearly well-practiced in the art of steroid use, provided them to him.  he's pretty much saying that the entire offensive line took them.  again, if you don't believe that everyone on the line was taking them, that bridge is still for sale.

285776[/snapback]

The hell I am twisting what he said-

"I played with a guy who came into the league, he came out of the USFL," Haslett said. "He was 270, and he would never have made our team if he didn't get up to 300. The linemen got him together, got him a little supplemental pill for the week and he got up to about 305 and made our team. And he's probably one of the all-time great players in Bills history. He was a great player."

He called out Kent Hull. Thats BS and Haslett is a POS.

Ahh yes, the double standard. Everyone is screaming at Bonds and saying he is a jerk, and should be banned for life, records taken away, etc... But now a coupe of our Bills are now being shown that they used roids and the one doing the outing is a jerk, but Hull is above it all. Well if Hull used steroids I for one do not feel he should be in the HOF. Just like I don't feel Bonds, Mcguire, etc.. if it is proven that they used enhancment products should be banned from the HOF for life.

"I played with a guy who came into the league, he came out of the USFL," Haslett said. "He was 270, and he would never have made our team if he didn't get up to 300. The linemen got him together, got him a little supplemental pill for the week and he got up to about 305 and made our team. And he's probably one of the all-time great players in Bills history. He was a great player."

He called out Kent Hull.  Thats BS and Haslett is a POS.

285782[/snapback]

i never said that he didn't name KH, but that when you name one player yet add that everyone else did it -- indeed, encouraged hull to do it -- then it's not much of a charge. as for him being a rat/narc/whatever, believe what you want. i just happen to disagree.

Ahh yes, the double standard.  Everyone is screaming at Bonds and saying he is a jerk, and should be banned for life, records taken away, etc...  But now a coupe of our Bills are now being shown that they used roids and the one doing the outing is a jerk, but Hull is above it all.  Well if Hull used steroids I for one do not feel he should be in the HOF.  Just like I don't feel Bonds, Mcguire, etc.. if it is proven that they used enhancment products should be banned from the HOF for life.

285785[/snapback]

good point, but the problem with this is that pretty much anyone who played in that era except for the qbs would be banned according to your logic. i remember scenes of the great chargers teams from the early 80s so whacked out on amphetamines that guys like louie kelcher were literally foaming at the mouth on the sidelines!

He called out Kent Hull.  Thats BS and Haslett is a POS.

285782[/snapback]

Yeah, but it also squares with Hull's version that he didn't even think that he could make it through training camp with the Bills. Another guy from that day that was very likely on the juice was Joe Devlin. He pulled a few Turley-like (for you youngsters) rages on and off the field.

good point, but the problem with this is that pretty much anyone who played in that era except for the qbs would be banned according to your logic.  i remember scenes of the great chargers teams from the early 80s so whacked out on amphetamines that guys like louie kelcher were literally foaming at the mouth on the sidelines!

285791[/snapback]

That is correct. If they cheated to win, then they do not deserve to be considered great. Hell let's just put Pfizer in the HOF, if they are the actual creators of great players.

Hull was never going to make the HOF anyhow. I'm not surprised that many players from that era were on Roids. I still like the guys but the NFL wasn't exactly discouraging use of roids, prior to 1989. Both the players and the teams, who probably encouraged players with fears of not making the roster, are responsible.

Yeah, but it also squares with Hull's version that he didn't even think that he could make it through training camp with the Bills.  Another guy from that day that was very likely on the juice was Joe Devlin.  He pulled a few Turley-like (for you youngsters) rages on and off the field.

285800[/snapback]

yeah, i forgot about devlin's craziness! i'm sure conrad d took a principled stance re the juice, though ...

Ahh yes, the double standard.  Everyone is screaming at Bonds and saying he is a jerk, and should be banned for life, records taken away, etc...  But now a coupe of our Bills are now being shown that they used roids and the one doing the outing is a jerk, but Hull is above it all.  Well if Hull used steroids I for one do not feel he should be in the HOF.  Just like I don't feel Bonds, Mcguire, etc.. if it is proven that they used enhancment products should be banned from the HOF for life.

285785[/snapback]

Damn you Haslett!

Where is that darn Fyou thingy anyways. I say let's vote on bringing it back. As long as people don't use it on other TSWallers.

Va you hit it right on the head IMO. People love the game too much to face the truth about the precious game of football.

So much has come out that has been ignored.

1. The Denver Broncos cheated the cap system in 1997 & 1998 and won the SB. They cheated and won the SB twice. Here let me say it again. They cheated and won the SB TWICE. Why didn't they have their title taken away?

2. It's coming out that there was cheaters in football back in the mid 80's. I didn't know it. None of these players should make the hall of fame and if suspected they should be put in front of Congress.

have anyone's illusions about life in the nfl circa 1978-1988 been shattered? does anyone really think that many, many bills players in that era weren't jacked on steroids and amphetamines?  of course they were, and anyone who has followed football should know that!! my god, all he did was speak a well known and obvious truth.  what's with you people attacking haslett?? were you freakin' born yesterday?

285739[/snapback]

Because they are Buffalo Bills. If they were in another sport, say, playing for the New York Yankees, fans would go nuts after being E$PN-isized by the Yankee haters on E$PN <_<

285739[/snapback]

As I said in another thread (that is remarkably like this one in every way, but good idea starting a new one <_< ), I have no illusions about steroid use in the NFL. Yes, even on the Bills.

Haslett had no business naming other players. That shouldn't be so hard to understand.

i never said that he didn't name KH, but that when you name one player yet add that everyone else did it -- indeed, encouraged hull to do it -- then it's not much of a charge.  as for him being a rat/narc/whatever, believe what you want. i just happen to disagree.

285787[/snapback]

Hes a POS. Seriously I have no problem with him coming clean, nor do I have a problem with him saying most players used it. But singling out Hull is wrong. Its Hulls business and it does not concern anyone else. Say me and Haslett were friends, both of us married, and we both fugged around on our wives. If Haslett wanted to come clean- his business. But that would be betrayal and very fugged up if Haslett told others I fugged around. That would be my busines- noone elses. I am not married, nor do I fug around-just trying to make a paralell.

I don't have a problem with what Haslett said. Rather, I commend him for being one of the few athletes who are being honest about this whole situation and telling the truth. The only way for professional sports to get cleaned up is for more people coming out in the open, discussing what went on and working on making sure it can't happen again. To pretend it didn't happen just delays progress on the issue. As far as calling others out on it, as long as the knowledge of the other guy using is factual (and not speculation) I say go ahead and call them out.