Bills offensive stats yesterday - mind boggling numbers

The Bills led the entire league in plays this weekend, running an astoundingly high 81 offensive plays (the Bears had 46 offensive plays). That is a LOT. Another fascinating stat: while their rushing ypc average was typically bad (3.5 ypc, a number goosed by Peterman's "chicken run" at the end of the half), it was actually better than the yards-per-pass-play average, which was 3.2That is AWFUL (god, Peterman has to go).  The Bills defensive yardage stats were also misleading because they gave nearly 100 penalty yards on two long PI plays that eventually led to scores. There was a ton of penalty yardage (292 yards total - christ!!) on both sides yesterday, marking the game as one of the worst played and most difficult-to-watch games I've seen in a while. It hit the trifecta: poorly played, over early due to a rout, and punctuated by a flood of officiating stoppages. I'd say it was a worse game than the infamous 6-3 Bills-Browns game from nearly a decade ago. That game was at least close.

Edited by dave mcbride

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills led the entire league in plays this weekend, running an astoundingly high 81 offensive plays (the Bears had 46 offensive plays). That is a LOT. Another fascinating stat: while their rushing ypc average was typically bad (3.5 ypc, a number goosed by Peterman's "chicken run" at the end of the half), it was actually better than the yards-per-pass-play average, which was 3.2That is AWFUL (god, Peterman has to go).  The Bills defensive yardage stats were also misleading because they gave nearly 100 penalty yards on two long PI plays that eventually led to scores. There was a ton of penalty yardage (292 yards total - christ!!) on both sides yesterday, marking the game as one of the worst played and most difficult-to-watch games I've seen in a while. It hit the trifecta: poorly played, over early due to a rout, and punctuated by a flood of officiating stoppages. I'd say it was a worse game than the infamous 6-3 Bills-Browns game from nearly a decade ago. That game was at least close.

Was that the game where Derek Anderson, who then played for the browns, passed for 27 yards and WON the game?  Wasn't Daboll his OC too? LOL!!!!!  Do I see a common denominator here?

Edited by Azucho98
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

All part of the plan.