Vikings Game vs. Every Other Game so far

Early on, we saw how the season was likely going to go watching the Ravens game. The following game against the Chargers didn't help much either, until the second half. But, then the Vikings game blew everybody away. I watched my beloved Bills kick the **** out of the Vikings. It wasn't even close.

So, what the hell happened with that glorious game and the rest of the stinkers?

I'll say the we should have won the Texans game. We had that game. I also think we had the chance to beat the Patriots if Anderson isn't sacked and fumbles the ball.

But, yesterday, ugh. It was hard to watch. Special teams drove me crazy. Shady ain't Shady with this line. Receivers are a joke.

But, there was that Vikings game............

6 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Vikings were game planning for the Rams on Thursday Night and didn't take us serious at all. The Vikings thought they could cruise to an easy victory and we made them pay

I understand that and you're likely right, but we still needed to execute passes, runs, etc. And we did!! My question is how and why can't we now?

Almost every team has a game like that, it doesn't mean that they're good.  Besides, the body language of the Vike players in that game clearly showed that they were just going thru the motions, probably focused on the game after us vs. the Rams.  

The Niners just obliterated the Raiders worse than we beat the Vikes.  Besides, who said that the Vikes are any good.  None of their five wins are against a winning team.  

Besides, besides that game we haven't even averaged 9 ppg and have allowed over 26 ppg.  

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

I just look at the Vikings game and imagine Allen next year with a much better OL and much better WRs. It’s a beautiful thing. :)

And we're going to get a whole new OL and a set of decent WRs with one pick in each of the first three rounds?  Don't think that free-agency, particularly with McBeane's track record therein, is going to be the answer.  

You're optimistic.  

The Draft for that would have been this past one where we turned five day one & two picks ranging from 12th overall to 65th overall into two players.  

I'm pretty sure we'd have been far better off and much further along for next season had we used all five picks on OL & WR and worried about a QB in next year's Draft.  

13 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I understand that and you're likely right, but we still needed to execute passes, runs, etc. And we did!! My question is how and why can't we now?

Because teams are able to game against the few things we can actually do on offense.

With Josh Allen on the field, defenses have to cover deeper areas of the field rather than crowd up so close with Peterman on the field. Passes to the RB, bubble screens, etc have more of a chance to get something yardage wise when more space is available. Lanes for the runners are easier if the box is not loaded.

Those one yard "safe" plays that resulted in returns for scores are more likely when so many people are in the same location. It also helps to have lineman and TE's that can push people backwards or even sideways.