Football czar.

OP just wants another person to watch get beat up in here.  Tyrod sucks threads are 2017 and JA, KB and McBean hate threads are getting tired and simply rehashed leftovers daily.  But a new czar - that's all fresh pickins.  Ha

Edited by sleeby
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

There are CZARS and there are czars.  The former are in total control, are experienced and successful, and know precisely what needs to be done.  Exhibits: Belichik, Parcells, Lombardi.  The latter may have total control but don't otherwise have all the other qualifications.  When the Pegulas took over the franchise, they desperately needed the former.  They still do.  It's been trial and error from day one.  Granted, finding and securing the right person isn't easy; they're few and far between.  But you have to go after prime talent, pay it what it demands, and your chances of success rise exponentially.  The perfect example of a team that's refused to do this is the Redskins.  Dan Snyder has never released the reigns to anyone and it certainly shows during his tenure (the only GM he's ever had was an alcoholic and got fired).  Certainly, having a czar (no caps) doesn't mean you'll be successful.  Though the Pegulas are not of Snyder's mindset, they still need ongoing expert advice from someone with CZAR-like qualifications, who is committed to the franchise and paid accordingly.  That's the step between CZAR and czar, since the former is hard to come by and the latter does, by no means, suggest success.  If the Pegulas do have someone in the background functioning in that capacity, it may well be the wrong person.  The right person will not have you constantly rebuilding to little or no avail.

Belichick, Parcells, and Lombardi had total control over the operation (after lengthy careers as head coaches), but they are not the kind of CZAR being bandied about in this thread, which is a guy to come in and be an extra layer between coach, GM, and ownership; a football guru in charge of rendering judgment on all decisions made by the coach and GM before action is taken. 

A CZAR is not required, just a competent GM, personnel department, and coaching staff. 

28 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I still think Darcy Regier is an inspired suggestion.

Wait, maybe the word was 'perspired'.

How about EXpired?

• Like (+1) 1

I agree, the Pegulas are incompetent when it comes to running a football team and desperately need to hire a President/Czar/Head of Football Operations type whose capable of helping the Pegulas build a successful franchise now and well into the future.

Here's a few ass backwards decisions the Pegulas have made

1. Kim Pegula as President. Kim has ZERO football experience. The bottom line is she's not qualified. 

2. Didn't give GM Doug Whaley full control to hire his own Head Coach, TWICE. Pegs made the final decision to hire Rex Ryan and McD.

Couch potatoes like ourselves knew Rex Ryan wasn't a good fit because our dope Defense was built for the 4-3 not Rex's 3-4 yet Pegs ignored simple common sense.                        

3. The General Manager is normally the person who hires and fires the coaching staff, including the Head Coach, but not in this case. The Pegulas fired Doug Whaley and allowed McD to hire his own GM- fellow Carolina Panther Band Camper Brandon Beane.

McBeane managed to make this offense one of the worst in NFL HISTORY. Under McBeane we're getting blown out close to 40% of the time which is astronomical and embarrassing. McBeane is incompetent on the offensive side of the ball. I don't trust McBeane to fix this offense now nor ever.

However I do BILLIEVE there's one man out there that is not only capable of fixing our Offense but more importantly our franchise. He'll also be a mentor to any Bills QB. His name is PEYTON MANNING. 

Back in 2017 Peyton Manning told Peter King he is interested in running a NFL team when the right opportunity presents itself. Manning told King that he sat in on an NFL team's draft process in April-he didn't say which team- which is something that former safety John Lynch did before he became the GM of the 49ers. Manning indicated to King that he won't join a front office anytime soon and also downplayed the possibility of owning a team, indicating that ''an executive role of some sort'' is probably more of  possibility for him down the road.

During his playing days, Manning was regarded as one of the smarter and meticulous QBs in the league, and his knowledge and interest in the business and personnel side of things stuck with those who knew him. 

I believe he could very quickly fill the role that John Elway fills with the Broncos,” former Colts GM Bill Polian said in February 2016, right after Manning retired.

During our 14 years together in Indianapolis, he would often discuss with me prospects coming out in the draft, SEC players he’d seen, players he’d seen in other parts of the country. He pays close attention to the rosters of the other players in the league.

“He knew the strengths and weaknesses of every player on every defense in the AFC and many on offense, because he met them and got to know them at the Pro Bowl and soaked up information. … He’s more than prepared to do that job."

Football is in Peyton Manning's blood. He's a fierce competitor who lives, breathes,  and eats football. PM knows what a Championship team/organization looks like like and tastes like. PM is also a successful business man. PM will bring instant credibility, respectability, and exposure, and will attract the best and the brightest players, coaches, and executives the game has to offer. PM will also improve our chances of building a new stadium in Buffalo. who knows? maybe Pegs gives him a piece of the ownership? What's there not to like? PM has all the traits to become a successful NFL Executive and Owner.  

We know PM wants to be a NFL Executive, the only question is will PM come to Buffalo, and if so what will it take?

PM is a small town kinda guy so Buffalo won't scare him off one bit, and since he's so competitive he'll relish the challenge of bringing the city of Buffalo its first championship. PM also knows we have a die hard loyal fan base. I'm pretty certain PM knows if he brings a championship to Buffalo he'll be a legend, he'll not only get the keys to the city but a statue will be built in his honor as well lol. 

If I were Pegs I'd offer PM whatever Executive role he seeks. If it's a bidding war I'd up the ante and offer PM more power say for example the GM job as well.

Peyton Manning is what this franchise needs. GET ER DONE PEGS.

17 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Buffalo is need of one.  Look Terry and Kim don't know ***** about running a football team and it shows when Terry and Kim gave unlimited power to morons that never were one a football coach before and two a GM who was never a GM before.  Case in point we get a big win in Minnesota and what does Beane do trade someone, we win against Tennessee and we hear Beane wants to trade shady.  You can't run a franchise with a GM that wants to trade every player on the team for his poor drafting blunders.  Players don' t like environments like that. try to sign someone in free agency and tell them  we want to sign you but we don' t guarantee you are going to be on this team at the end of the season. This team is a mess with the McDermott on the verge of losing the team.  If this team loses on Monday night  to the patriots then Beane or McDermott must be fired the next day.

6 games after a playoff berth and the best season in 17 yrs.... and we are here?

7 hours ago, K-9 said:

Yes, because the world is littered with ex football czars who lead NFL teams to greatness. Just too many examples to list. 

Need a czar, call William Mattar.

haha....you forgot to include the 1-800 number....

17 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Buffalo is need of one.  Look Terry and Kim don't know ***** about running a football team and it shows when Terry and Kim gave unlimited power to morons that never were one a football coach before and two a GM who was never a GM before.  Case in point we get a big win in Minnesota and what does Beane do trade someone, we win against Tennessee and we hear Beane wants to trade shady.  You can't run a franchise with a GM that wants to trade every player on the team for his poor drafting blunders.  Players don' t like environments like that. try to sign someone in free agency and tell them  we want to sign you but we don' t guarantee you are going to be on this team at the end of the season. This team is a mess with the McDermott on the verge of losing the team.  If this team loses on Monday night  to the patriots then Beane or McDermott must be fired the next day.

I love how you call people morons in your post, yet have multiple spelling, capitalization, and punctuation issues throughout the entire post. Mr. @Marvlevydraftdaygenius, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent pst were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Beane has had one draft, and near as I can tell he's got a promising rook qb,  with Edmunds, Harry, and Taron all gamers.   

McD isn't in charge of personnel, he's the coach, so he has to work with what he's given.

This is not even halfway into the first year with rookies running our offense and defense.   Seriously, what did you expect?   Rosen has one win, Allen and Mayfield have two, and Darnold has three.   All losing records, but all expected as the trainees learn the pro game.  Should all the other coaches be fired too?

Dude, get with the program.  It never was about this year, be a little more patient.  Your post might make sense after 2.5 more seasons, but not now.   

Hue should be fired for sure! That dude stinks and he hired toxicity for both his DC and OC. With all the talent the Browns have they are a dumpster fire.