Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Josh Allen and Taiwan Jones Out with All Others Ready to Play on Sunday; TY Hilton Back with Ryan Grant Out

McDermott's Friday Presser at 10: 20 AM from OBD.  It should be a pretty quick one with most of the major news already broken this week between Allen's injury and Anderson being named starting QB.

Live Presser Links will be posted once available that can be viewed on-demand thereafter:  Buffalo Bills Live

Dearest mother — The unit is making its return march to home camp this morning. And time is precious as it seems a group of Bison men out of New York are now on our tail. If I understand correctly, each of their soldiers is named William. Peculiar. — Andrew

Capt. Andrew Luck must be getting updates by Pony Express. The Phillips soldiers are coming to town.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Josh Allen and Taiwan Jones Out; All Others Ready to Play on Sunday
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Josh Allen and Taiwan Jones Out with All Others Ready to Play on Sunday
9 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think the majority of Bills fans like McDermott overall. And very willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I know I am and I have a lot of problems with him. 

I think he makes a huge amount of mistakes in game, he’s awful in time management, he seems to hate timeouts, and there is nothing to believe he knows a thing about offense except blind faith. The Peterman bromance is really troubling. It cannot be underestimated. 

He’s a terrific defensive coach though. There is a long history in the nfl of guys that only understood one side of the ball. 

He SEEMINGLY overvalued character with talent. And that’s an enormous problem. You cannot win in the nfl without huge talent. Character unfortunately doesn’t beat talent however unfair that might be. 

We’re at a crossroads. I like McDermott still. I think we have to let him do his thing.

But I’m very worried that his hierarchy of what’s important won’t let us compete on an even playing field. 

The bromance with Nate is troubling. The ingame decisions are very troubling. The hires are, let’s call them suspect. The personnel decisions are baffling especially on offense. Even the 46-53 man roster is very puzzling at times. 

McD and Beane need this year and probably all of next year to see what they can do. But this “plan” is suspect to me. 

The step back makes zero sense to me. If you’re rebuilding you do it year one not year two. 

I agree with pretty much all of this, including the part about still letting him do his thing - I think he gets all of 2019 at least (barring something crazy). 

Regarding the last point, I said last year that we were in Year Zero of a rebuild. What last year basically did was strip the roster of most of the young talent and high salaries. We managed to make the playoffs anyway, and that was awesome. But now the dead cap money has kicked in, and between lack of $$ and just poor judgment, the offensive talent losses the last couple years haven't been adequately replaced. 

I think it's arguable that we're the same or worse at every single offensive position in 2018, compared to both 2017 and 2016. LT is maybe the exception, but if you count the line as a whole unit, it's certainly worse now than the last two years. 

7 Things to Watch in Bills-Colts this Weekend

hqwa7b1nmoue414t3bbt.jpg

It’s the welcome end to Buffalo’s brutal stretch of five road games in the first seven games this year. The Bills rough start this year has partly been a product of games away from home and tough opponents. Buffalo has the fourth toughest strength of schedule played so far this year, based on current records. This week may provide a respite—the Indianapolis Colts have started the season 1-5.

Here are some of the issues for Bills fans to keep an eye on this weekend:

1. THE TEAM’S THE THING

2. TEAM BUILDING

3. COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE

4. HALL OF FAMER ON THE FIELD IN INDY

5. THIRD DOWN DISCREPANCY

6. UNDER THE YELLOW

7. LONDON CALLING—AGAIN

NFL Week 7: Previews and Analysis of Each Sunday Game

by Andy Benoit 2 hours ago

BILLS AT COLTS, 1:00 P.M., CBS

Bills 35-year-old defensive tackle Kyle Williams is still terrific. He has lost some of his initial burst, but effort, technique and physical strength allow him to make plays later in the down. Williams will have a chance to make many on Sunday, as Colts rookie left guard Quenton Nelson has struggled against crafty pass rushers.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Josh Allen and Taiwan Jones Out with All Others Ready to Play on Sunday; TY Hilton Back with Ryan Grant Out