(OT) DEA Officer Shoots Himself Video

I was impressed how he kept soldiering on despite shooting himself in the leg.

Fortunately he didn't hit a weight-bearing bone, so for him to keep going was really no big deal at all.

283344[/snapback]

Had he hit the femoral artery, it might have been a more colorful video. Kind of like a Monty Python skit, "Its only a flesh wound"

Had he hit the femoral artery, it might have been a more colorful video. Kind of like a Monty Python skit, "Its only a flesh wound"

283348[/snapback]

Or Dan Akroyd at Julia Childs on SNL. "Oh, now I've done it. I've cut the dickens out of my hand." :blink:

A federal drug agent shot himself in the leg during a gun safety presentation to children and his bosses are investigating. Here's the video

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/680/

Article:

http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=56867

283327[/snapback]

Although I am sure the DEA has its own share of retards, I believe this particular retard was a local cop assigned at one time or another to a DEA task force(he must have "been there....done that....got the t-shirt"). To my knowledge the DEA does not run around to schools gving "gun safety" talks.

My favorite part was when he picked up the second gun and some scared kid yelled "NO...PUT IT DOWN"

Just say thanks he did not hit one of the kids. If ever there was an argument for a society choosing to minimize the number of guns available as being a safer approach than allowing free access to guns and getting more police to lock up th criminals this is one of them.

Unfortunately, America has chosen the guns don't kill people, people kill people approach and part of that choice is going to mean episodes like this one.

A federal drug agent shot himself in the leg during a gun safety presentation to children and his bosses are investigating. Here's the video

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/680/

Article:

http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=56867

283327[/snapback]

Ouch. On one hand, that guy is one tough dude. Second, what the hell was he talking about? And how the hell could he bring a loaded gun into a room full of kids, even if by accident?

Just say thanks he did not hit one of the kids. If ever there was an argument for a society choosing to minimize the number of guns available as being a safer approach than allowing free access to guns and getting more police to lock up th criminals this is one of them.

Unfortunately, America has chosen the guns don't kill people, people kill people approach and part of that choice is going to mean episodes like this one.

283760[/snapback]

Someone used to have a sig line that, in essence, said "Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming a spoon for making Rosie O'Donnell fat. Funny stuff.

283760[/snapback]

If you outlawed guns, you'd need even more police than you have today. Good luck getting one now at a ratio of 2000 citizens per officer. How about we show some recent examples that the national media generally ignores?

Mere Sight of Gun Sends Thugs Running

Woman Shoots at Half-Naked Burgler. I'm sure he wasn't going to try to sexually assault her.

Woman Scares Off Intruder

Armed Home Invasion Suspect Shot - Will Face Charges

Way to use a "once in a lifetime" video as an attempt to remove a Constitutional right. Emotion isn't reality.

:lol:

Ouch. On one hand, that guy is one tough dude. Second, what the hell was he talking about? And how the hell could he bring a loaded gun into a room full of kids, even if by accident?

283772[/snapback]

Good point, I found it hard to understand him too. So much for protocol. Here's a guy that should know saftey inside and out, but yet, shoots himself in the leg. Yup, I feel protected. :lol:

If you outlawed guns, you'd need even more police than you have today.  Good luck getting one now at a ratio of 2000 citizens per officer.  How about we show some recent examples that the national media generally ignores?

Mere Sight of Gun Sends Thugs Running

Woman Shoots at Half-Naked Burgler.  I'm sure he wasn't going to try to sexually assault her.

Woman Scares Off Intruder

Armed Home Invasion Suspect Shot - Will Face Charges

Way to use a "once in a lifetime" video as an attempt to remove a Constitutional right.  Emotion isn't reality.

:lol:

283799[/snapback]

I for one do not advocate making any change in the second amendment. America with its 200+ years of history has made a decision to go the way it is going vis 'a vis gun laws and I see no possibility or utility in a large scale change be it the liberal extreme of banning handguns or the NRA extreme of making the US a free fire zone.

I think clearly U.S. society would benefit from some fine-tuning of things (the Wayne LaPierre comments I saw the other night which essentially opposed making gun ownership by folks on the terrorist watch list illegal and an enforcable crime struck me as simply bizarre and letting fear of the slippery slope force you into doing stupid things).

The cat is out of the bag in the US and ain't gonna be put back. Amuone who chooses to ignore stupid events like the DEA agent, the shootings in MN, and a zillion other insane activities that are a part of the fun system we have chosen are ignoring reality. Likewise anyone who chooses to claim guns are not used to protect folks in scoiety are ignoring reality also.

The anecdotes either way do not prove the principle.

By minimize I did not mean eliminate. i merely meant that I hope we move toward a more clear application of the 2nd amendment that allows the fundamental right of gun ownership as part of having an orderly militis. Right now we're a lot stronger on the first part of the amendment than on the second part.

The anecdotes either way do not prove the principle.

Yet that's all you've offered in support of 'fine-tuning things.' Placing further restrictions on a right guaranteed in the constitution should have a higher standard than a casual reference to 'a zillion other insane activities'. I assure you there's a lot of data out there that supports the argument that we would in fact be safer by issuing concealed carry permits to any law-abiding citizen who wanted one. But a 2nd amendment shootout isn't worth the trouble if you're only bringing a pea-shooter. :lol: