Michael Moore declines Oscar bid for F 9/11

He's trying to get Fahrenheit 9/11 on TV before the election, which would eliminate him from an Academy Award. So he's not submitting it. Pretty amusing. At least you can say he's true to his intentions, trying to get Bushwhacked.

The slob.

http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=1d276de78261c77d

Actually, I'm glad. It gives a chance for more traditional documentaries to get an Oscar. And, of course, the big bonus, we don't have to suffer listening to him at the awards show.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about the benjamins for him and always has been. He wants to get it out on DVD and on TV before the election because after W gets re-elected, that piece of stevestojan wont have any market value. Non of the sheeple he panders to will have any reason to buy it.

He's trying to get Fahrenheit 9/11 on TV before the election, which would eliminate him from an Academy Award. So he's not submitting it. Pretty amusing. At least you can say he's true to his intentions, trying to get Bushwhacked.

The slob.

http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=1d276de78261c77d

Actually, I'm glad. It gives a chance for more traditional documentaries to get an Oscar. And, of course, the big bonus, we don't have to suffer listening to him at the awards show.

21187[/snapback]

Wow, Moore is such a noble guy... :rolleyes::o:w00t:

Imported from Japan, to the detriment of US companies.  But I'm sure Moore won't complain...  :rolleyes:

21322[/snapback]

He's actually one of the reasons I want Bush to win this election. To his credit, he understands the American Idol crowd better than most. When his movie airs on TV...or HBO...or whatever, it wouldn't surprise me to see it become "interactive." Views should be able to vote about something using their cellphone, or logging on to a website.

He plays so well to the American Idol crowd that I'm certain he keeps Hot Pockets with his movie logo tattoed on them, and is preparing a limited edition release of Michael Moore Hot Pockets. Filled with everything that makes you fat and myopic.

Moore would do well to heed the words of Jim Carrey in "The Mask."

"Somebody tell the fat lady she's ON in five!"

Actually he isn't that generous.  They announced that they were not throwing a dinner party before hand, and he decided he needed food and would go elsewhere.

21348[/snapback]

You can just see Moore leaning over a crockpot filled with bbq wieners. Toothpicks in each hand, and his beard smudged with a combination of the bbq sauce and some crust that could either be last week's corn-on-the-cob, or possible some chick from college.

You can just see Moore leaning over a crockpot filled with bbq wieners. Toothpicks in each hand, and his beard smudged with a combination of the bbq sauce and some crust that could either be last week's corn-on-the-cob, or possible some chick from college.

21352[/snapback]

Don't laugh but Moore has worked hard to cultivate and maintain that slob, everyman look of his. He doesn't look like the corporate man he's become. He has teams of lawyers and fact-checkers, publicists and spokespeople. He's not the guy off the street working for the oppressed, but he sure looks that way.

I read somewhere that Moore claims to be overweight because at one point he only had a minimum wage job and could only afford fast food. So his obesity is further proof of how America holds down the poor. Of course it is.

Rush Limbaugh and Fox do all-day, every day what Moore did in one, two-hour movie...present a one-sided argument to tell a story.

Libs doen't have a Rush, so why can't they spin their own biased story? Isn't that what makes America so great. You can say whatever you want. Even if it's not true. So, why should one be accepted, and not the other? Why is one honorable, and not the other?

Take Rush on one hand....a 3-time divorcee drug addict preaching conservative values. And you have Moore, a money-grabbing whore, who sticks up for the poor in our country. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

They're all slime. Why is it that republicans can dish it out, but not take it? There is no difference between these men.

Rush Limbaugh and Fox do all-day, every day what Moore did in one, two-hour movie...present a one-sided argument to tell a story.

Libs doen't have a Rush, so why can't they spin their own biased story? Isn't that what makes America so great. You can say whatever you want. Even if it's not true. So, why should one be accepted, and not the other? Why is one honorable, and not the other?

Take Rush on one hand....a 3-time divorcee drug addict preaching conservative values. And you have Moore, a money-grabbing whore, who sticks up for the poor in our country. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

They're all slime. Why is it that republicans can dish it out, but not take it? There is no difference between these men.

21420[/snapback]

Limbaugh has steadily built and grown his audience for over a decade by giving conservatively biased commentary on politics and social issues, that gives balance to the traditionally liberal bias of NBC, CBS, and ABC. Moore on the other hand, totally makes stuff up. He is a circus act that has to keep moving from town to town as the people there get tired of the act. But eventually they want moore.

21420[/snapback]

I loath them both. Guess my Dad raised me better than the average partisan.

Thanks, Pop.

Limbaugh has steadily built and grown his audience for over a decade by giving conservatively biased commentary on politics and social issues, that gives balance to the traditionally liberal bias of NBC, CBS, and ABC.  Moore on the other hand, totally makes stuff up.  He is a circus act that has to keep moving from town to town as the people there get tired of the act.  But eventually they want moore.

21444[/snapback]

The words Limbaugh and balance should not be uttered in the same breath. He is a fat, drug-abusing hypocrite who preaches moral conservative values, but can't even come close to living his own life in a morally acceptable manner. His talk show has degenerated into non stop name-calling that most kindergarteners would find childish. He has mastered the art of implying things about others without actually leaving himself open to libel. He is manipulating the unintelligent masses with his tripe strictly for his own financial gain and has been doing it for years. He cannot possibly be as ignorant as he appears - he says things that are extremely controversial just for the ratings.

He is everything you people say about Michael Moore and then some.

The words Limbaugh and balance should not be uttered in the same breath.  He is a fat, drug-abusing hypocrite who preaches moral conservative values, but can't even come close to living his own life in a morally acceptable manner.  His talk show has degenerated into non stop name-calling that most kindergarteners would find childish.  He has mastered the art of implying things about others without actually leaving himself open to libel.  He is manipulating the unintelligent masses with his tripe strictly for his own financial gain and has been doing it for years.  He cannot possibly be as ignorant as he appears - he says things that are extremely controversial just for the ratings.

He is everything you people say about Michael Moore and then some.

21820[/snapback]

Get up to speed. He lost 80 lbs and went thru rehab. I don't know him personally; so I cannot comment on things YOU imply. If the media had been doing its job, he would never have found a venue. You give no examples for your scorn and you are typical of his critics. I don't listem to him anymore. I've actually gone back to listening to music when I'm in the car, probably better for my blood pressure. If he hadn't come along though, there would be a lot more people out there that believe animals have RIGHTS.