The absolute best case scenario at Left Tackle

Would be that the bills guessed very totally right on McFarland.....

Wouldn't it be nice if Anthony McFarland actually came out and knocked everybodies socks off in training camp this year? Showed with about 20 pounds on his frame?

This sounds like a real dream....but I gotta admit that at the end of the season last year McFarland was doing a decent job when they through him in.....

The reason WHY it would be the best case scenario is we actually own the guy for a while and a very good price.........

Would be that the bills guessed very totally right on McFarland.....

Wouldn't it be nice if Anthony McFarland actually came out and knocked everybodies socks off in training camp this year?  Showed with about 20 pounds on his frame?

This sounds like a real dream....but I gotta admit that at the end of the season last year McFarland was doing a decent job when they through him in.....

The reason WHY it would be the best case scenario is we actually own the guy for a while and a very good price.........

282204[/snapback]

I think you mean Dylan. Anthony McFarland is the DT of Tampa nicknamed "Booger".

you mean dylan? yea, that WOULD be a nice scenario. i understand he's a smart kid who needed to add upper and lower body strength. let's hope he's having a good offseason.

282211[/snapback]

I forgot about that guy.......if he ends up being Jonas' replacement - and does a good job - that would be amazing. I'd love to see that guy step up and win the gig.

DeMulling was a 7th round pick out of Idaho a few years back and got his chance with Indy. Some here are still complaining we didn't offer him 3 Mil a year.

You never know what ability they have until you throw them into action and let the bullets fly. They don't learn anything glued to the bench. McFarland should see significant action in the pre-season.

Guest BackInDaDay
DeMulling was a 7th round pick out of Idaho a few years back and got his chance with Indy. Some here are still complaining we didn't offer him 3 Mil a year.

You never know what ability they have until you throw them into action and let the bullets fly. They don't learn anything glued to the bench. McFarland should see significant action in the pre-season.

282348[/snapback]

Agreed.

BTW, is that George Saimes and Booker Edgerson in your avatar?

Guest BackInDaDay
Correct for $1200. Select again.  ;)

282359[/snapback]

Jeez, that's scary. I can't remember my own kid's names sometimes. :D

282348[/snapback]

Yep. Some servicable guards for the Bills were from the lower rounds - Lacina was a 6th pick, Ostrowski was a 10th, Nails a 4th.

Last year's acquisition, Villarial, was a 5th.

The best case would be moving our franchise RT to LT and get our money/3rd overall investment out of him!

I cant imagine why people are clamoring to put a 7th round pick at LT.

I'm more for moving Teague and drafting a center. But I've been for this ever since Jeff Faine was in the draft. Teague is very vercitile and it would be good to have a vet that can step in if who ever we get just cant play.

OUT

The best case would be moving our franchise RT to LT and get our money/3rd overall investment out of him!

I'm more for moving Teague and drafting a center.  But I've been for this ever since Jeff Faine was in the draft.  Teague is very vercitile and it would be good to have a vet that can step in if who ever we get just cant play.

OUT

282418[/snapback]

Pretty simple: Sometimes late round picks get the job done better than early round picks. The point of the thread was that if Dylan ends up being a player, while at the same time coming at a very reasonable price, that would be a great situation. If he can't play, he can't play. Expectations on 7th rounders are pretty low, generally. But if in fact he does end up being one of those late round gems and he proves he can get the job done, then how can that not be an ideal situation?

I'm more for moving Teague and drafting a center.  But I've been for this ever since Jeff Faine was in the draft.  Teague is very vercitile and it would be good to have a vet that can step in if who ever we get just cant play.

OUT

282418[/snapback]

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner.... kind of lol

I agree 100% on moving Mike Williams to LT. However this is what I'd do after that.

I'd sign Bennie Anderson as our lg, draft a rt with our 1st pick. I really don't think we have to draft a center. I kind of Like Ross Tucker at center. From what I remember about tucker this past year, is when he filled in for teague our line improved especially in run blocking. When Tucker became the starter at lg for us Willis started ripping off the majority of his runs to the left side of our oline.Tucker might not get a lot of press but he's a smart physical player with a mean streak. I think he would make a fine center. Either way I do not want teague at lt. He was a horrible lt in denver. I doubt highly he's suddenly gonna get better at it now.

OUT

282418[/snapback]

Player.....

Not very many are "clamoring" for McFarland to be our starting Left Tackle this year.....ok...let me put it like this.....

- See how much qualit left tackles are costing? For christ sake Jennings was NOT Orlando Pace but we had to let him go anyway......

- We are now left with the possibility of moving our center over to LT where he was not dominant, moving our RT over to LT when he is probably much better suited for the right side of the line...OR.....trading Henry possibly for a LT that was in somebody's doghouse......

- The post was meant as.....he..."what if McFarland actually ended up being a player" kapeesh?

- It is a long shot

- It would be a last case scenario

BUT

- We would own the rights to him for what.....3 more years?

- It would improve our line

Maybe I'm nuts here, but I was shocked when McFarland actually made the roster.

The few times I saw the guy he was painfully stiff with limited alteral movement and minimal strength. The Bills can address the strength aspect but I doubt if there's much they can do to cure his terminal case of lumberitis.

If you gave Lurch an eight-ball, he'd look like McFarland.

Did y'all notice something from this guy that I missed or are we just whistlin' past the graveyard?

Cya

P.S. If anybody is hiding in the weeds waiting to play LT for the Bills, it's faaaarrrr more likely to be Jason Peters, imo.