Wanna go back to the Union Topic?

By your logic, the middle class would be growing and its share of the wealth increasing with the unions demise. Newsflash..it isn't happening. Why is this the case?Why is it good news for anyone except the elite? Where is all the money that these companies are "saving"by paying less generous benefits going? It certainly isn't translating into lower prices for the customer. Unchecked management benefits only a very few.

Boat, I suggest you have a look at the WSJ from yesterday. Great article about a steel company in Ft. Wayne that is doing very well. The owners are making a killing. They are a non union shop.

Average total compensation for the company's 1600 employees?

Over $100,000.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boat, I suggest you have a look at the WSJ from yesterday. Great article about a steel company in Ft. Wayne that is doing very well. The owners are making a killing. They are a non union shop.

Average total compensation for the company's 1600 employees?

Over $100,000.

292411[/snapback]

Ah yes, but you see, all those people are now part of the "elite" that is bringing down America. It's time to raise their taxes!

:doh:

Ah yes, but you see, all those people are now part of the "elite" that is bringing down America.  It's time to raise their taxes!

:angry:

292445[/snapback]

Umm, sorry Ct but $100,000 is hardly "elite" these days. And I am against high taxes. So don't try to color me with your brush. Nice try,though. B-)

Umm, sorry Ct but $100,000 is hardly "elite" these days. And I am against high taxes. So don't try to color me with your brush. Nice try,though. :angry:

293964[/snapback]

No kidding....that was my point. But yet the lefty politicians keep trying to raise taxes on those people.

I see your ability to recognize sarcasm is as fine tuned as the rest of your intellect.

No kidding....that was my point.  But yet the lefty politicians keep trying to raise taxes on those people.

I see your ability to recognize sarcasm is as fine tuned as the rest of your intellect.

294018[/snapback]

There you go again, putting down my intelligence. I know it was sarcasm, but I was obviously the subject of the "inside joke" in part. Geez. But behind all sarcasm is a note of seriousness . Why the hell do you think I must like high taxes on the middle class and social prgrams? I hate taxes, welfare, giveaway entitlement programs and the like. I also hate religious zealots and those who want to poke their nose into personal decisions. By personal I mean abortion, birth control, gay marriage ( I'm not for gay marriage, but not because of any religious reason. I just don't see it as having any benefit to society) Why is it that all you conservatives feel that anyone who is fiscally conservative must also be socially? When was that law passed? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe President Clinton shouldn't have been accepting campaign contributions from them while giving back their "most favored nation" trade status, huh?  :D

306026[/snapback]

May I? When in Rome, do as the Romans?

Bill Clinton bad! Monica! Whitewater! China! Bill Clinton Bad!

Waaaaaaa!

Get over it!

:D:lol: