What if the line isn’t that bad?

GoodHands15

28 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Newhouse in as tackle eligible a lot too.

If we think it's passable now,  how about Marpet and Paradise in their and a OT taken in Rd2.  WR #1  CB 3rd.

Was it a lot?  Anyone have a count of how many plays we had 6OL in?  I only noticed it on the false start.  

Marpet and Paradise would be my top 2 targets.  Land both of them and 1-2 WRs to go along with a wr drafted in the first 3 rds.

Edited by NewEra

52 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Our running game was fairly anemic, outside Josh's scrambles.  Note how few first downs we had in the 2nd half, and how we weren't able to crank out first downs once Daboll went conservative.  The line needs to get better there.  The pass blocking was good to very good, with only a couple breakdowns.  They may be gellin', but Bodine > Groy at center, and we went downhill when Bodine went down.

In fairness Minny's run D is pretty solid even with the injuries. That said, we desperately need a new center. The toughness in this group is sorely lacking.

1 hour ago, GoodHands15 said:

Alright someone has to bring me down from this upset fueled grandiose state....but with Bodine in I feel like there’s a chance we’ve significantly cut down the protection based snaps. 

If if that’s the case, and we can hold them to maybe 2-3 sacks a game, do we still really need to improve the o-line?

I understand it’s extremely important. But boy, I would really love to spend that money and those picks at different positions. 

Our QB was in shotgun almost all game, that is mostly due to the poor OL play, quick passes, bubble screens to get Allen's confidence up also. We need talent along the OL, LG, C and OT, I think Dawkins is a better RT. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Still allowing a lot of pressure and not much drive in the run game.

Dabol is doing the best he can with the limited talent, calling lots of Allen runs and misdirection to get WRs open.

Really hoping we get OT Jonah Williams, Alabama.

Kid is a stud, knows how to anchor and slide and gets good push running.