TROLL-a-rama

Just to help pass the time away until the draft, I thought I'd post a few tidbits that are or were of interest to some of us Bills' fans.

FA QB Charlie Batch is STILL recovering from knee surgery from August of 2004. He estimated that he's 80-85% recovered. Here's a name that was being tossed around when we were looking for a back-up QB. Having ALL the facts makes a little bit of a difference, don't ya think?

OL Roberto Garza was stunned when he failed a physical earlier in the month with the Ravens, after agreeing to a 3yr/$7 million deal. The physical showed he DID NOT have an ACL in his right knee! So naturally the Ravens yanked their offer from the table. I'm hoping that their making another mistake in not wanting OL Bennie Anderson.

Here's an old familiar face- OG Ruben Brown is recovering nicely from a neck injury suffered from last season and says he'll be ready for May's minicamp. I wish him well, but now I'm really glad we don't have him anymore.

TE Marcellus Rivers met earlier in the week with the Pittsburgh Steelers, but they did not offer him a contract. I don't know if we did, but he's still out there for the taking.

And last but not least, the Chargers want to trade up for a WR. They feel that they need more size at the position. Both Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams would be on their target list. I don't like the sound of this, especially with Miami having the #2 pick overall. Bad enough that they're in our division and we don't need them to get healthier by trading down and getting multiple picks, but in addition, we would be looking to fill and/or strenghten the same positions.

The physical showed he DID NOT have an ACL in his right knee!

From what I've been told, Hines Ward also has no ACL in one of his knees.

I'd always dismissed it is as some goofy legend cuz I didn't think you could ball without an ACL, but if Garza has the same condition then maybe it is true.

It'll be interesting to see if Miami can sneak away a couple picks from the Chargers. I just hope that Saban doesnt then throw those picks away on useless talent. I'm looking forward to the fins getting good again, but I still don't like what Saban has been doing so far.

I'd always dismissed it is as some goofy legend cuz I didn't think you could ball without an ACL, but if Garza has the same condition then maybe it is true.

281704[/snapback]

It's true about Ward. If Garza failed the team physical, maybe there were other factors. Just the absence of an ACL alone can't be the reason to fail a physical.

281704[/snapback]

tony siragusa also allegedly doesn't have an acl, which is why he was an undrafted FA coming out of pitt. it didn't seem to hold him up ...

tony siragusa also allegedly doesn't have an acl, which is why he was an undrafted FA coming out of pitt. it didn't seem to hold him up ...

281841[/snapback]

If that's true, why does anyone need an acl. I'm setting up an appointment to get mine take out right now.