Zay Jones’ Father Goes After John Warrow, Jerry Sullivan and More on Twitter

BuffaloRush

18 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Next draft, we need to interview the players and their parents.

Actually , i think that is the case  with the meaningful draft picks. Scouts  interview the folks who might best know the player. The closer to the 1st pick , the higher the level of scrutiny. and the more eyes on those players as well.
 The parents have lost the tweet before beginning it. Rabbit hole that only got deeper. and as i have said , media folks made use of the fodder.

nothing good going on here.

19 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We basically have the same record as we did with Rex and both sides of the ball has regressed.  Rex was a clown who had a much better roster but McDermott deserves a lot of blame for how talentless this team is.

They do.  They interview everyone they can associated with the player.  And I would love for my family to defend me against a dork like Sullivan.

That part of the story(bolded bit)  might be less considered than most thoughts here . Mine would. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The only thing st Brown has is Being 6’5 and fast

he has average to below average hands. They aren’t strong so he drops a lot of contested balls. And he plays way smaller than his size

and I’m a ND homer

Who has more upside - Ray Ray or ESB?  Plenty of guys develop in later rounds.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Who has more upside - Ray Ray or ESB?  Plenty of guys develop in later rounds.  

Playing devils advocate of course plenty of late round picks develop... they are both late round picks so I will say they are on even terms as far as roster status 

ESB has the physical tools you look for. Height , weight , speed but lacks a lot of WR nuances you look for

Ray Ray is small, and was not used as a true every down receiver at Clemson but showed good concentration, ability to catch in traffic and play bigger than his size

While ESB might have more “potential” on paper... all potential means is you haven’t done **** yet 

ill take the kid who can catch and return punts, and run gadget plays in the 6th

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Playing devils advocate of course plenty of late round picks develop... they are both late round picks so I will say they are on even terms as far as roster status 

ESB has the physical tools you look for. Height , weight , speed but lacks a lot of WR nuances you look for

Ray Ray is small, and was not used as a true every down receiver at Clemson but showed good concentration, ability to catch in traffic and play bigger than his size

While ESB might have more “potential” on paper... all potential means is you haven’t done **** yet 

ill take the kid who can catch and return punts, and run gadget plays in the 6th

Respectfully disagree.  I’d rather have the 6’5” super fast guy who looked dominant at times with one of the worst throwing qbs in all of college football than a undersized, not really fast guy who wasn’t even the best slot wr on his college team (Hunter).  Ray Ray types are so easy to find.  6’5” fast guys aren’t.

and didn’t we just draft Josh Allen on potential?  

Edited by C.Biscuit97

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Respectfully disagree.  I’d rather have the 6’5” super fast guy who looked dominant at times with one of the worst throwing qbs in all of college football than a undersized, not really fast guy who wasn’t even the best slot wr on his college team (Hunter).  Ray Ray types are so easy to find.  6’5” fast guys aren’t.

and didn’t we just draft Josh Allen on potential?  

Josh Allen was the best player on the field everytime he stepped onto a WAC field...

ESB cannot say the same... he also had Kizer throwing him the ball his sophomore year and he dropped passes still

ESB is like Dorian Green Beckham only less talented.

He is a great athlete , not a great football player

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Josh Allen was the best player on the field everytime he stepped onto a WAC field...

ESB cannot say the same... he also had Kizer throwing him the ball his sophomore year and he dropped passes still

ESB is like Dorian Green Beckham only less talented.

He is a great athlete , not a great football player

Allen has 6 games of passing for under 154 yards his last year in college and didn’t even get voted to any all-mvc teams.  I’m not even trying to bash him but just point out that he was drafted that high on potential.  And I would have wanted a guy like ESB to get drafted with him. Ray Rays are in every draft and free agency.

but ESB is playing with Rodgers so if he doesn’t develop you’re right.  But I would bet on him having the better career.  

I mean the Bills keep Foster, who has frying pans hands and didn’t do anything in college.  They are so desperate for speed.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen has 6 games of passing for under 154 yards his last year in college and didn’t even get voted to any all-mvc teams.  I’m not even trying to bash him but just point out that he was drafted that high on potential.  And I would have wanted a guy like ESB to get drafted with him. Ray Rays are in every draft and free agency.

but ESB is playing with Rodgers so if he doesn’t develop you’re right.  But I would bet on him having the better career.  

Did you watch Wyoming a lot?

i watched every throw from Allen’s career after the season and I can assure you he had a bottom 10 line in D1 football and a paltry list of receivers 

he was literally running for his life every game , almost every play...

they also ran , ran, and then finally threw on 3rd and long a majority of the year... they had a pourous line and played ball control football. He still managed like 16TDs to 6 picks behind a D2 line.

the year prior with a better TE and 1 good center and 1 WR he had 28 TDs .

I was very harsh of Allen because I’m a harsh coach/scout and I really didn’t want him over Darnold/Baker or Rosen

but I can’t deny what he did with Wyoming was remarkable. 90% of the real scouts and coaches I know and talk too loved the kids talent and had him as a top 6 pick... Maybe 10% were actually not high on him 

his floor is actually pretty high with his athleticism... and I was wrong about that...

he will be much better than Peterman right away this Sunday 

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did you watch Wyoming a lot?

i watched every throw from Allen’s career after the season and I can assure you he had a bottom 10 line in D1 football and a paltry list of receivers 

he was literally running for his life every game , almost every play...

they also ran , ran, and then finally threw on 3rd and long a majority of the year... they had a pourous line and played ball control football. He still managed like 16TDs to 6 picks behind a D2 line.

the year prior with a better TE and 1 good center and 1 WR he had 28 TDs .

I was very harsh of Allen because I’m a harsh coach/scout and I really didn’t want him over Darnold/Baker or Rosen

but I can’t deny what he did with Wyoming was remarkable. 90% of the real scouts and coaches I know and talk too loved the kids talent and had him as a top 6 pick... Maybe 10% were actually not high on him 

his floor is actually pretty high with his athleticism... and I was wrong about that...

he will be much better than Peterman right away this Sunday 

Yeah, I saw a bunch of his games and saw him as middle round “upside” project.  I don’t like the idea of drafting a guy that high where his pros are everyone saying everyone around him sucks.  Wyoming had a very good defense.

but I hope you’re right.  And in the later rounds, I will always go for the homerun than the single.  Ray Rays aren’t that unique.  But I hope we get to see many Allen to Ray Ray tds! 

Also, isn’t your Allen argument basically the same thing you were killing ESB? Zaire is an awful throwing qb.  ? haha

Edited by C.Biscuit97

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I saw a bunch of his games and saw him as middle round “upside” project.  I don’t like the idea of drafting a guy that high where his pros are everyone saying everyone around him sucks.  Wyoming had a very good defense.

but I hope you’re right.  And in the later rounds, I will always go for the homerun than the single.  Ray Rays aren’t that unique.  But I hope we get to see many Allen to Ray Ray tds! 

I know they had a very good defense but that doesn’t score points 

he also had a lot of pros... like

-very good deep ball

-throws high end deep out

-excellent athlete

-big Time arm 

- escapability in the pocket

-players gravitate towards him

-makes throws few others in the WOLRD can

-plays with great energy 

and FYI QBs like that do not go in the middle rounds. Ever

Paxton Lynch isn’t half the athlete or have half the arm but he will go in the first..

my friend was a scout for the Skins when Christian Ponder was drafted In the first by Vikings . I disliked him so much and thought he was a 2nd rounder at best, probably 3rd.. he laughed and said he would be gone in the top 15... and he did lol

Allen has 3 x the arm as Ponder (accuracy included) better athleticism outside pocket, better athleticism inside the pocket, and has the desired NFL size...

in a world where Ponders and Lynches and Blake Bortles going 3rd overall... there is 0% chance he lasts till the mid rounds just because 56% completion percentage 

football is the ultimate team game 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1