Bills Backers in Phoenix

JGMcD2

Hey all,

Just moved out to Phoenix, AZ for school. Don’t really want to spend the money on the Sunday ticket and sit in my place by myself watching the Bills.

Does anyone have info on the best place to go watch the games with Bills fans close to downtown Phoenix?

Appreciate the help!

Six showing in the Phoenix area on the Bills Backers map

Santisi Brothers Sports Bar

2710 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85053, USA

Pullano's Pizza

13913 N 51st Ave, Glendale, AZ 85306, USA

Bottled Blonde

7340 E Indian Plaza, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA

Loco Patron Mexican Cantina

1327 E Chandler Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85048, USA

Clubhouse Sports Grill

1686 N Higley Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85234, USA

The HUB Grill and Bar

1951 S Sossaman Rd, Mesa, AZ 85209, USA

• Like (+1) 2

I live in Phoenix and from this list, the one I know the best is Pullano's.  They have good food:  pizza, wings, beef on weck and other red sauce Italian food.  Their wings are among the best in Arizona and among the best I have had outside of Buffalo.  The owners are actually from Michigan, not Buffalo, but I suspect that they got some of their menu ideas from their customers.  I have lived in Michigan and nobody there knows what beef on weck is....It's in a strip mall in a middle class to working class part of town and the crowd fits that mold.  Very nice, down to earth people, including the owners, the wait staff and the members of the Bills club.  Everyone will make you feel welcome and comfortable.  It's a family friendly atmosphere.  In full disclosure, I have Sunday Ticket and record most games on my DVR and watch them a little bit later in the day, as the games start very early out here and I have a lot of family commitments in the morning.  

In the past, I have watched Bills games at the Bills bar in other cities, including Chicago (both of them), New York City and San Diego.  The Chicago and NYC bars are in more "upscale" neighborhoods and have more of a "white collar" crowd and the San Diego bar is near the beach and has more of a "blue collar" crowd.  Bills fans of all walks are great people and I enjoyed each and every one of these experiences.  

As to the other Phoenix bars:  a few years ago, I went to Santisi Brothers to watch a game and couldn't find any Bills fans there.  They show all of the NFL games and it is not exclusively a Bills bar, whereas Pullano's definitely is.  The other one I know something about is Bottled Blonde.  This is a huge sports bar in the "party district" of Scottsdale.  This place is not a family atmosphere, but if you want to see smoking hot bartenders and waitresses (and who doesn't), this is the place for you.  I haven't been there for a game, but I have been there to drink.  I highly doubt it is exclusive to the Bills.  I'm sure that Bills fans gather there to watch the game, but I don't know if they are an active "chapter" of Bills Backers.  Pullano's is definitely that.

All of the other places are in the East Valley, which is far from where I live (in Central Phoenix), so I don't know anything about them.

My recommendation is this:  if you are with your family, go to Pullano's.  If you are single, go to Bottled Blonde.  Also, with 16 weeks of games, you may want to try both.

Good luck, enjoy and Go Bills!

Edited by msw2112
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I live in Phoenix and from this list, the one I know the best is Pullano's.  They have good food:  pizza, wings, beef on weck and other red sauce Italian food.  Their wings are among the best in Arizona and among the best I have had outside of Buffalo.  The owners are actually from Michigan, not Buffalo, but I suspect that they got some of their menu ideas from their customers.  I have lived in Michigan and nobody there knows what beef on weck is....It's in a strip mall in a middle class to working class part of town and the crowd fits that mold.  Very nice, down to earth people, including the owners, the wait staff and the members of the Bills club.  Everyone will make you feel welcome and comfortable.  It's a family friendly atmosphere.  In full disclosure, I have Sunday Ticket and record most games on my DVR and watch them a little bit later in the day, as the games start very early out here and I have a lot of family commitments in the morning.  

In the past, I have watched Bills games at the Bills bar in other cities, including Chicago (both of them), New York City and San Diego.  The Chicago and NYC bars are in more "upscale" neighborhoods and have more of a "white collar" crowd and the San Diego bar is near the beach and has more of a "blue collar" crowd.  Bills fans of all walks are great people and I enjoyed each and every one of these experiences.  

As to the other Phoenix bars:  a few years ago, I went to Santisi Brothers to watch a game and couldn't find any Bills fans there.  They show all of the NFL games and it is not exclusively a Bills bar, whereas Pullano's definitely is.  The other one I know something about is Bottled Blonde.  This is a huge sports bar in the "party district" of Scottsdale.  This place is not a family atmosphere, but if you want to see smoking hot bartenders and waitresses (and who doesn't), this is the place for you.  I haven't been there for a game, but I have been there to drink and I highly doubt it is exclusive to the Bills.  I'm sure that Bills fans gather there to watch the game, but I don't know if they are an active "chapter" of Bills Backers.  Pullano's is definitely that.

All of the other places are in the East Valley, which is far from where I live (in Central Phoenix), so I don't know anything about them.

My recommendation is this:  if you are with your family, go to Pullano's.  If you are single, go to Bottled Blonde.  Also, with 16 weeks of games, you may want to try both.

Good luck, enjoy and Go Bills!

Thank you so much for the thorough response!!! Much appreciated! I’ll have to check them both out. 

33 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Six showing in the Phoenix area on the Bills Backers map

Santisi Brothers Sports Bar

2710 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85053, USA

Pullano's Pizza

13913 N 51st Ave, Glendale, AZ 85306, USA

Bottled Blonde

7340 E Indian Plaza, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA

Loco Patron Mexican Cantina

1327 E Chandler Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85048, USA

Clubhouse Sports Grill

1686 N Higley Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85234, USA

The HUB Grill and Bar

1951 S Sossaman Rd, Mesa, AZ 85209, USA

Thank you!!

Pullano's was a real Buffalo experience.

The food is all right, but it's the people who give up hope and slag the team after every incomplete pass who really make the Bills game day experience authentic.

Also the young, sort of mean looking waitresses who resent every beer they must fetch because every beer represents time that they should be spending as a star on a reality show. There was an older waitress who was awesome. 

It was just like being back home.

I watched three games there last year during instructional league. I think we won the first two, remember the raiders game, can't recall the other, then we got stomped by the jets. 

I should add that I brought an 18 year old Taiwanese kid that I signed with me to give him a taste of football and all the Buffalo fans were cool as could be with him. Kept giving him different kinds of wings to try. He didn't have any idea of what was going on in the game, but loved the environment.

Edited by billsintaiwan