Net Cap Savings After Roster Cutdown

RPbillsfan

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

Looks like after the 2018 salary - dead cap hit, the Bills can add 3,703,000.00 to the salary cap leaving them around 12 million to work with.

Plus having 87 played - 34 cut - McCarron leaves 52 players on the roster unless I missed something.

Thanks.  That's nice info.

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Looks like after the 2018 salary - dead cap hit, the Bills can add 3,703,000.00 to the salary cap leaving them around 12 million to work with.

Plus having 87 played - 34 cut - McCarron leaves 52 players on the roster unless I missed something.

Can that 12 mil be rolled over?  I never understood how that works?  If not, I don't think we have anyone where it would make sense to extend or rework for future cap relied.  Benjamin would make sense, but I'm not giving him a new contract yet until I see something

42 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Can that 12 mil be rolled over?  I never understood how that works?  If not, I don't think we have anyone where it would make sense to extend or rework for future cap relied.  Benjamin would make sense, but I'm not giving him a new contract yet until I see something

Yes all unsed cap space can be rolled over if they choose 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Spotrac is showing the Bills at $8,808,091 currently...

Did you take and sum all of the salaries of everyone who made the roster and then add the dead cap to the sum.  That's the number you use to subtract from the available cap space.

Simple math and a small amount of effort is all that was needed.