8-27: Today is the Only Day of Bills' Media Availability this Week

Just now, eball said:

Can't wait for McD's comments this afternoon, now that he has had a chance to "watch the tape."

Will be interested in seeing if they add anyone to the roster in light of watching game film or a QB to play on Thursday. 

John Wawrow:  Did you order the code red on Josh Allen?  I repeat did you order the code red on Josh Allen?

Coach:  John, what the heck do you mean by code red?

JW:  Vladimir Ducasse one on one with Geno Atkins is akin to ordering a code red on Josh Allen, that's what I mean....sir...

Coach:  You're damn right I ordered the code red.  You want me on this sideline, you need me on this sideline.  I want Peterman.  If it means killing Allen, so be it.

Stroms off...

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

we stunk and its preseason and NO ONE will remember that game in 2 weeks

Unless they stink again and it looks the same.   Then the board is littered with I told you so and end of the world prophecy posts.   

Edited by Comebackkid
  • Haha (+1) 1

Based on their NFL bodys of work up until this point I would probably go with AJ week 1.  I know it's a longshot but he is basically Peterman with a little bit stronger arm and more experience.  Keeping in mind we play the Ravens week 1 Im not sure we want to expose Allen to that. 

Quick Hits: No new developments on starting QB decision

Coming out of Buffalo’s third preseason game Sunday, there were no declarations made concerning the starting quarterback role from head coach Sean McDermott.

“No further quarterback developments from (Sunday). We’re still coming off the game,” he said. “A little bit unique practicing the day after and not having the day off. We’re still coming off the game and processing all that information right now.”

McCarron back throwing
McDermott addresses pass protection issues

Bills still "working through" QB competition

Orchard Park, NY (WGR550) - The Bills went through a very light practice here Monday afternoon and to no one’s surprise head coach Sean McDermott declined to name a starting quarterback either for this Thursday’s preseason finale or the regular season opener in thirteen days.

“No further quarterback developments from last night at this point,” he told reporters prior to Monday afternoon’s practice.  “We’re still coming off the game, and again, [it is] a little bit unique [having practice] the next day and not having a day off.  So we’re still coming off the game and going through and processing all of that information right now.

“[We] want to get through this practice first and then certainly make sure we have our ducks in a row for this game and then move forward.”

All three of the team’s QBs - Josh Allen, Nathan Peterman, and A.J. McCarron - have started one preseason game.  The fourth and final game is this Thursday night at Chicago, a game where starters typically sit.  But without knowing who the regular season starter will be, and also trying to stay as healthy as possible for week one, it presents some interesting decisions for McDermott and his coaching staff.

“We’re still working through that,” the head coach said. “At the end of the day, we’ve got to make sure we’re healthy going into this season as well, so there’s a delicate balance there.”

QB, O-Line, defense: Bills have numerous concerns to address

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — The Bills’ quarterback competition is still unsettled. Their defense showed signs of looking lost in giving up a touchdown pass on the first play from scrimmage against Cincinnati.

And Buffalo’s patchwork offensive line is getting manhandled.

These are not encouraging signs less than two weeks before the Bills open the regular season at Baltimore.

“It’s a wake-up call for all of us,” center Ryan Groy said Monday, a day after the line was pushed around in giving up five sacks in the first half of a 26-13 preseason loss to the Bengals. “We couldn’t get anything going. Hurt ourselves pre-snap. Didn’t protect the quarterback. Did pretty much of everything on the do-not-do list.”

The level of concern was no different on defense after Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton burned Buffalo’s defense for 180 yards passing and two touchdowns on five series — including a 57-yarder to John Ross on the opening snap.

“We couldn’t stop them, man,” cornerback Tre’Davious White said. “We weren’t able to do anything yesterday. They were able to pick their spots and they were able to exploit them.”

As for quarterback, coach Sean McDermott is still not ready to name the Bills’ season-opening starter, never mind which of his three quarterbacks will start in Buffalo’s final preseason tuneup at Chicago on Thursday.

“No further quarterback developments,” he said.