I went trolling and this is what I found...

There's rumblings that the 49'ers and Chargers may be talking about a Drew Brees deal.

On another San Francisco note, ESPN's John Clayton reports one name to watch in June is the 49'ers' ROT Scott Gragg. He has close to a $4.5 million cap hit. The shifting of OT Kwame Harris to the right side and the acquisition of OT Jonas Jennings eliminates Gragg from being a starter. They're waiting until June to release him so they can save money under the cap. They don't want him to suffer an injury during the off season work outs. He's a quality RT and will have a market for a team that didn't address their RT need during the draft or free agency.

Detroit acquired the top 4 UFAs on their wish list. They are the following; SS Kenoy Kennedy, TE Marcus Pollard, back-up QB Jeff Garcia, and last but not least G Rick DeMulling.He was the only G invited to visit the Lions. There is also talk about upgrading the 3rd WR position. WR Corey Bradford is being mentioned. This may allow WR Az-Zahir Hakim to be expendable. After this conclusion it is believed that the Lions will be done in the FA market.

I offer these tidbits because they could provide opportunity.

In the San Diego-San Fran scenarios it would appear that if this trade for Brees materializes, then I would imagine that swapping of their 1st rd picks would be involved amongst other factors. If San Fran were to move back and the current situation of their roster, then they may be a more willing partner to deal with if we so wished to do. The other realization is the front offices have the inside sources of knowledge of other teams cap and contract situations. This may very well be an example of why TD is being particuliar in the free agency. He is waiting for the proper releases of personnel.

With the Detroit scenario, Hakim could be a very inexpensive and serviceable 3rd WR option with speed. That's one of the knocks on our current 3rd WR options.

Can anyone else add input on options from other teams?

Detroit acquired the top 4 UFAs on their wish list. They are the following; SS Kenoy Kennedy, TE Marcus Pollard, back-up QB Jeff Garcia, and last but not least G Rick DeMulling.He was the only G invited to visit the Lions. There is also talk about upgrading the 3rd WR position. WR Corey Bradford is being mentioned. This may allow WR Az-Zahir Hakim to be expendable. After this conclusion it is believed that the Lions will be done in the FA market.

With the Detroit scenario, Hakim could be a very inexpensive and serviceable 3rd WR option with speed. That's one of the knocks on our current 3rd WR options.

278914[/snapback]

I really would like to see more out of Aiken and even Reed before spending free agency cash on another WR. We have our speed WR in Evans. To be effective in the slot, you don't need 4.3 speed. It's more important to run good routes and avoid the jam of the DBs at the line of scrimmage, thereby creating separation.

I really would like to see more out of Aiken and even Reed before spending free agency cash on another WR.  We have our speed WR in Evans.  To be effective in the slot, you don't need 4.3 speed.  It's more important to run good routes and avoid the jam of the DBs at the line of scrimmage, thereby creating separation.

279069[/snapback]

How many more dropped passes do you want to see Josh Reed make on 3rd down before you want to get someone else in here who will extend drives & help the team succeed?

Triumph, loved your work with the Star Wars people. Brilliant.

279116[/snapback]

Along those lines: Reed is a great 3rd receiver

For me to poop on.

How many more dropped passes do you want to see Josh Reed make on 3rd down before you want to get someone else in here who will extend drives & help the team succeed?

279109[/snapback]

I thought the problem wasn't receivers dropping the ball, it was the QB who couldn't deliver the ball to the right place...? And didn't we fix that?

Somewhere in Southern California, Drew Brees is lying by himself, staring at the ceiling, thinking to himself: Dear God in heaven. Please. No. Make it not true. Make it not true.

279134[/snapback]

Drew Brees is worried that he slept with Stojan last night?