John McCain Discontinuing Medical Treatment

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Even American soldiers who betray their nation and oaths, endangering the lives of their fellow soldiers in the process?

If you can find evidence that would pass academic muster that proves McCain did those reprehensible things, no. But I’ve never seen anything on it that’s credible. And I don’t believe there is credible evidence. 

9 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

If you can find evidence that would pass academic muster that proves McCain did those reprehensible things, no. But I’ve never seen anything on it that’s credible. And I don’t believe there is credible evidence. 

...And you won't look or entertain any information that presents that side of things, because your mind is already made up. 

Got it.

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...And you won't look or entertain any information that presents that side of things, because your mind is already made up. 

Got it.

What I’m saying is if your accusations were true they would have been widely reported and published. The man was a presidential contender for God’s sake. He’s been heavily vetted. If the evil accusations you accuse him of were true, then professional reporters would have widely reported it. 

Got it?

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Ummmm no she isn't.  IIRC she one time referred to herself as a Progressive Republican

Meghan McCain is an "acceptable" Republican to the Entertainment Political Industrial Complex

Meghan McCain is every bit the progressive that her father was, if not more. She's Lindsey Graham wrapped in David Brooks dipped in Peggy Noonan.

4 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I’d be willing to bet that when Donald Trump dies he will not receive the national respect that McCain  received. 

I wouldnt be shocked if flags don’t even go to half staff on the day Trump dies. 

Funny thing about McCain in hindsight. His awful choice for VP came to represent and for a time lead the part of the party that made Trump possible. 

You know, I read this, and I think a bunch of politicians at a politician funeral, don’t invite the president because he isn’t in their club. 

That speaks volumes to me. 

He clearly isn’t part of that club. 

I actually like that.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

You know, I read this, and I think a bunch of politicians at a politician funeral, don’t invite the president because he isn’t in their club. 

That speaks volumes to me. 

He clearly isn’t part of that club. 

I actually like that.

I understand the sentiment. I do. There’s no denying an “American aristocracy” of sorts. But his not belonging to the club does not necessarily mean he’s a good idea — he isn’t. He’s actually a worse idea. I mean look, a lot of times ‘non establishment’ types take the reigns it doesn’t go well. I feel this is one of those predictable situations. Every generation wants a ‘strong man,’ a man who means what he says and says what he means. I get it. But that don’t make Trump a smarty choice. 

32 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I understand the sentiment. I do. There’s no denying an “American aristocracy” of sorts. But his not belonging to the club does not necessarily mean he’s a good idea — he isn’t. He’s actually a worse idea. I mean look, a lot of times ‘non establishment’ types take the reigns it doesn’t go well. I feel this is one of those predictable situations. Every generation wants a ‘strong man,’ a man who means what he says and says what he means. I get it. But that don’t make Trump a smarty choice. 

I haven’t seen a problem with his policies, they seem to be working, so what isn’t going well? 

What exactly are you predicting will happen that won’t go well? 

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

What I’m saying is if your accusations were true they would have been widely reported and published. The man was a presidential contender for God’s sake. He’s been heavily vetted. If the evil accusations you accuse him of were true, then professional reporters would have widely reported it. 

Got it?

The point is, it has been reported on and the information is out there. It's been systematically ignored by the mainstream because, as we just witnessed for over a week, they're all on the same side. The media had no interest in reporting the truth about Syria in 2013, because doing so would bring undue heat on 44 who was treated with kid gloves (because he's on the same team as well). If you doubt that, look to Michael Flynn's firing in 2014 because he dared to suggest, in the press, that Iran killed Americans in Iraq. 

You were there, on the ground. In battle. Do you think Iran was a passive observer of the events on the ground or were they active combat participants? 

Which brings us full circle to you outsourcing "truth" to "professionals" and why you are so uninformed on this topic. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

I haven’t seen a problem with his policies, they seem to be working, so what isn’t going well? 

What exactly are you predicting will happen that won’t go well? 

Hahaha, I’m actually in favor of a great deal of Trump’s policies. I’m a “republican.” I am not however without morales or convictions. 

I despise Trump because he’s a national embarrassment. Ya know what the establishment does well? They don’t embarrass us. 

Like, I miss, W. W would embarrass us because he sucked at speaking. “Is our children learning?” I rest my case. Now we have a petulant child that tries to tweet policy. Trump is an embarrassment on the national stage, and I hate him. I also despise a draft dodger becoming commander in chief. Oh my god, how is being a coward and draft dodger not a disqualification for that office he holds? I also differ from Trump on national policy. If I were POTUS my European agenda would be containment of Russian influence. Trump threw that right out the window didn’t he? Also, he’d like to remind you not to pay attention to ‘Russia stuff’ in the news because the news is very, very bad. Trumps attacks on the press are beneath the dignity of the office. 

Trump is the very definition of a demagogue. Demagogues are bad. 

15 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Hahaha, I’m actually in favor of a great deal of Trump’s policies. I’m a “republican.” I am not however without morales or convictions. 

I despise Trump because he’s a national embarrassment. Ya know what the establishment does well? They don’t embarrass us. 

Like, I miss, W. W would embarrass us because he sucked at speaking. “Is our children learning?” I rest my case. Now we have a petulant child that tries to tweet policy. Trump is an embarrassment on the national stage, and I hate him. I also despise a draft dodger becoming commander in chief. Oh my god, how is being a coward and draft dodger not a disqualification for that office he holds? I also differ from Trump on national policy. If I were POTUS my European agenda would be containment of Russian influence. Trump threw that right out the window didn’t he? Also, he’d like to remind you not to pay attention to ‘Russia stuff’ in the news because the news is very, very bad. Trumps attacks on the press are beneath the dignity of the office. 

Trump is the very definition of a demagogue. Demagogues are bad. 

Tit for tat.

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The point is, it has been reported on and the information is out there. It's been systematically ignored by the mainstream because, as we just witnessed for over a week, they're all on the same side. The media had no interest in reporting the truth about Syria in 2013, because doing so would bring undue heat on 44 who was treated with kid gloves (because he's on the same team as well). If you doubt that, look to Michael Flynn's firing in 2014 because he dared to suggest, in the press, that Iran killed Americans in Iraq. 

You were there, on the ground. In battle. Do you think Iran was a passive observer of the events on the ground or were they active combat participants? 

Which brings us full circle to you outsourcing "truth" to "professionals" and why you are so uninformed on this topic. 

So you’re saying that the liberal media missed their chance to lambaste the republican nominee for president a decade ago because he’s part of the cool kids club? ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

So you’re saying that the liberal media missed their chance to lambaste the republican nominee for president a decade ago because he’s part of the cool kids club? ?

No, they called him a racist Nazi warmonger back then.  

You're really falling for this whole Rehabilitation of St. John the Maverick shtick they've been pushing the last week?  (And will be pushing next week during the Kavanaugh confirmation.)

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Tit for tat.

Ya got me there. But if semantics is all ya got, ya ain’t got much. 

I screw that up word up constantly. I constantly spell rouge “rouge” and the restaurant still to this day for me is unspellable (damn French!) without auto correct (which also butchers me sometimes).  

Also, I typically don’t waste my team editing what I write on a message board. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

No, they called him a racist Nazi warmonger back then.  

If you were as smart as you pretend you’d realize that’s my damn point. 

The biggest reason the liberal media is rolling out the red carpet for the man is due to his Obamacare vote, and feud with Trump. 

But the the reason I dismiss the insane allegations against him is because if those skeletons were in his closet the liberal media would have brought those demons out a decade ago. It’s unthinkable that those allegations could be true, and the liberal media that all these Trump people hate so badly wouldn’t have brought it all up. Turns out that McCains closet was a lot cleaner than most contenders. He ditched his wheelchair bound wife. That’s true. But further than that — I dismiss most of what people insinuate because if there was anything to stand on it’d have been drug out a decade ago. 

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Ya got me there. But if semantics is all ya got, ya ain’t got much. 

I screw that up word up constantly. I constantly spell rouge “rouge” and the restaurant still to this day for me is unspellable (damn French!) without auto correct (which also butchers me sometimes).  

Also, I typically don’t waste my team editing what I write on a message board. 

I was just mocking you. Since it is impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you I've thrown you in with gator and a few others that only receive mocking from me.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I was just mocking you. Since it is impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you I've thrown you in with gator and a few others that only receive mocking from me.

That’s fine, man. And, I know. 

It appears im growing quite the fan club! What can I say, I’m douchebag repellant. 

6 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I screw that up word up constantly. I constantly spell rouge “rouge”

So do I.  You're SUPPOSED to, you dumbass.

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

If you were as smart as you pretend you’d realize that’s my damn point. 

If you were as unimpaired as you pretend you might actually make a damn point.

16 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

No. I'm saying 44's policy in Syria was arming rebels, including AQ and ISIS. Syd was on that team. Exposing that, exposes the illegal gun running operation into Syria, through Libya, that Obama was running. 

For proof, again I ask you about your experiences in Iraq with regards to Iran. Were they a passive spectator as the press you are putting your trust into being 100% honest like to report or no? The only honest answer is they weren't, yet that is rarely if ever covered by the corporate media - especially during the previous administration. Why? 

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So do I.  You're SUPPOSED to, you dumbass.

Do you know how many prominent people I’ve studied who have misspellings in their letters? I mean a rigid, antiquated, wrongheaded, viewpoint suits you well. But maybe, expand your horizons. 

Because by your rigid standard the following people people were dumbasses: Churchill, Einstein, Hemingway, and BENJAMIN f’ing FRANKLIN were ALLLLLL dumbasses. So, I’ll enjoy being a dumbass if that’s the company I keep you kooky old fool.