Pick em Pool?

Pick em pool   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a pick em pool?

• Yes, on TBD
    • Yes, on a third party site like CBS Sports
    • With Bills included
    • Without Bills included

Was thinking it might be fun to do a pick em pool this year for non-bills games (I feel that around here, including the bills would skew the results as some of us just can't vote against our bills). That being said- this thread is intended to gauge interest. 

We could do it online through something like what cbs sports offers on their site, or we could just do it on the forum, though that seems like it would get pretty messy.  We can also custom make the settings how we like.

Thoughts?  

P.s.- If this is already a thing on this board, forgive me. This is my first regular season as a poster. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm down, and I say leave the Bills in.

I'm assuming you would include the spread, which mitigates the problems for those who can't pick against the Bills.

I don't know how the spread stuff works regarding these kinds of pools, but I am open to whatever option people like best. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I don't know how the spread stuff works regarding these kinds of pools, but I am open to whatever option people like best. 

There are several credible websites that post the spread for the various sports books. Here's a good one: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas

The idea is that you pick a team based on the point spread. So, a team that is favored by three points must win by more than three points for that pick. If they only win by two points, the pick goes to the other team. If they win by three points exactly, that is considered a tie.

Using the spread is especially good for pools that have a lot of people participating. Otherwise, you end up with too many winners. 

I also have a tie-breaker in the pool I run, based on the total points scored on MNF.

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm down, and I say leave the Bills in.

I'm assuming you would include the spread, which mitigates the problems for those who can't pick against the Bills.

I'm in on this. I only gamble with spreads attached.