I went to Kenny Wayne Shepherd last night

Buffalo716

20 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Didn’t he play G3 20 years ago? Right when it started

The first G3 was Satch, Vai, and Eric Johnson.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd is great...but he was so heavily influenced by SRV that after Ledbetter Heights I basically told myself "I can just listen to SRV albums instead," and kind-of lost interest.  

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Kenny Wayne Shepherd is great...but he was so heavily influenced by SRV that after Ledbetter Heights I basically told myself "I can just listen to SRV albums instead," and kind-of lost interest.  

Yea you can tell SRV really influenced him 

but he also influenced a bunch of other artists as well 

On 7/20/2018 at 4:36 PM, Best Player Available said:

If you get the chamce check out him in the Rides. Stephen Stills ia the other guitar player.

2 albums out now. Their live shows are crazy. 

Legend, the man can play with the best. Never heard of this guy though...

On 7/21/2018 at 1:24 PM, DC Tom said:

I saw KWS as part of the, "Experience Hendrix," tour, for years ago.

While I agree that it's very clear that Hendrix and SRV were his primary influences, he's definitely got his own style.  He absolutely destroyed every other guitarist during that show (including Buddy Guy, Dweezil Zappa and Jonny Lang).  My point is that he's not just a copy cat, by any means.

I'm going to see him this Friday night in Albany and I cannot wait.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I saw KWS as part of the, "Experience Hendrix," tour, for years ago.

While I agree that it's very clear that Hendrix and SRV were his primary influences, he's definitely got his own style.  He absolutely destroyed every other guitarist during that show (including Buddy Guy, Dweezil Zappa and Jonny Lang).  My point is that he's not just a copy cat, by any means.

I'm going to see him this Friday night in Albany and I cannot wait.

Last week was the first time I ever heard him and I was blown away

he oozes talent. His band was phenomenal and it was a awesome show

Dudes got the chops

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2018 at 3:40 PM, Buffalo716 said:

At Canal Side downtown Buffalo and it was fantastic!

He rocked down the house! One of the best guitar players I’ve ever seen, seriously talented!

I saw that Beth Hart had to cancel due to a jaw injury.  I can't find much more on it.  I'm wondering if she'll be ready to go this Friday.  A couple of the guys I'm going with are huge Beth Hart fans (I honestly don't care if she performs, or not; she's good, but it won't break my heart to get an extra set out of KWS over seeing her) and are looking forward to seeing her as much as I'm looking forward to seeing KWS.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I saw that Beth Hart had to cancel due to a jaw injury.  I can't find much more on it.  I'm wondering if she'll be ready to go this Friday.  A couple of the guys I'm going with are huge Beth Hart fans (I honestly don't care if she performs, or not; she's good, but it won't break my heart to get an extra set out of KWS over seeing her) and are looking forward to seeing her as much as I'm looking forward to seeing KWS.

Yea , I’m Not exactly sure what happened to Hart, but some people at the concert were saying she broke her jaw?

if she broke it I can’t imagine her playing yet...

i did get a free concert ticket to canal side because she cancelled!

KWS rocked down the house, there were atleast 10 thousand there and it was rocking!

He knew how to put on a show and played some great blues tunes as well!

There lead singer was fantastic too! Didn’t know what to expect but they were a super tight band! Keyboard player and all!