on other murder beat Robert Blake gets off

millbank

A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, a stunning verdict in a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The verdict came after eight days of deliberations by the jury.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama "Baretta" was charged with one count of murder and two counts of solicitation of murder. Court officials said the jury was deadlocked on one of the solicitation counts..

Prosecutors claimed Blake shot Bonny Lee Bakley, 44, in a car outside a restaurant in May 2001 after failing to persuade two ex-stuntmen to kill her.

Robert Blake

^^^Yeah but, We can most likely all agree or feel that OJ did it. We have no idea either way if Blake killed her or not, or had anything to do with it.

277321[/snapback]

only because we weren't watching the trial everyday. From what I can gather, there's as much if not more circumstatial evidence in this case.

Must be nice to be able to buy your freedom.

Let's go riot!

277234[/snapback]

The LA white man's riot. Run to B. Altmans, take a bunch of clothes off the hanger and DON'T hang them back up! THAT'LL SHOW THEM!

So in LA, it's celebrities 1, Los Angeles 0.

But fear not. We still have Phil Spector, Michael Jackson, so we haven't given up hope.

A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, a stunning verdict in a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The verdict came after eight days of deliberations by the jury.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama "Baretta" was charged with one count of murder and two counts of solicitation of murder. Court officials said the jury was deadlocked on one of the solicitation counts..

Prosecutors claimed Blake shot Bonny Lee Bakley, 44, in a car outside a restaurant in May 2001 after failing to persuade two ex-stuntmen to kill her.

Robert Blake

277217[/snapback]

At least Blake said something funny after the verdict. He called those against him in the press'COMMODE SCUM'.

i am not saying he's guilty cause i have no idea about this case....but it seems like you can definitely buy your freedom if you're rich and famous.  the next one to get off the hook will be michael jackson.

277414[/snapback]

If the DA didn't have a personal vendetta and actually spent a few hours questioning his witnesses so their stories added up, MJ wouldn't be getting off.

However, I don't think he will because what he alledgedly did is far worse than murder!

Sorry, this is how cynical this country has become. And yes, I do believe if you have stature and $$$ to get your ass off any crime, you will! :w00t: