Demulling signed with Lions for 2 years

wwovince

We still have options...

Bennie Anderson - Ravens - This guy is huge.

Ht: 6-5 Wt: 345

Position: OG

Projected as: OG

Position Rank: 9

Date of Birth: 2/17/1977

Experience: 4

High School: Cleveland NJROTC Academy

(St. Louis, MO)

College: Tennessee State

Biography:

Bennie Anderson went from playing for the XFL's Chicago Enforcers to starting for the defending Super Bowl champions in a matter of months. All told, the 6'5 335 pound Anderson appeared in all 16 games and started 13 for the Baltimore Ravens at the right guard spot during the 2001 season. Anderson has established himself as a solid starter in the 2002 season, starting the first 12 games. Anderson struggles at times pass blocking, but uses his power and frame to excell at run blocking. Anderson went undrafted and was signed as a rookie free agent by the Rams in 2000, but was cut in training camp. He signed with the Ravens on June 14, 2001. Anderson attended Tennessee State University, earning a history degree with a teaching certificate. He is working towards his master’s in administration and supervision at Morgan State University.

Bennie Anderson Facts: Anderson was named first-team Ohio Valley Conference as a junior and senior (1998 and 1999)for Tennessee State University... Was an All-American during his senior year... First-team Black College selection in 1999... Bennie was signed as a free agent with the Ravens on 6/14/01... Was a rookie Free Agent with his hometown team the St. Louis Rams on 5/3/00, he never made it out of Training Camp... Played for the XFL Chicago Enforcers in 2001... Started all of the Ravens 16 Games in 2002...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. Detriot among others realizes that there's a 3 year window at best to win the prize in the FA era, and the Bills don't.

277185[/snapback]

The Bills are looking for players that WANT to play for the Bills, and not just for the money. TD is saying "up yours" to the greedy agents and players and I for one whole-heartily support this philosphy. Overpaying for free agents is just plain stupid when there's a salary cap to deal with. TD is making sure were not in salary cap hell when McGahee, Evans and Losman's contracts run out. Don't forget, New England built a heck of a football team with FA scraps.

Oh well back to the drawing board. Any suggestions?

277160[/snapback]

As someone else mentioned. Anderson from the Ravens. The guys can play either guard spot and is a hole opener. The review there knocks him a little for his pass blocking, but too be honest I think that is unfair. He is a damn good guard, and would do quite well here.

Its interesting, the Bills are clearing the cap space for someone...here's hoping that we can still land Shelton.

At this point, I'd be willing to part with a 3rd rounder for him...keep Teague and center and then draft the best available Guard to compete with Gandy and Tucker for that LG spot.

277172[/snapback]

I'm hoping for Shelton too, then a LG in the draft or 6/1 cut.

Possibly for someone else?

277197[/snapback]

I don't know why.,..maybe it's insanity or something...but I still see LJ Shelton as a Bill by Training Camp. if the Travis Henry trade is dead, then I see TD trying to trade him to someone for a 3rd rounder and then give a 3rd or 4th rounder to AZ for Shelton.

I think I figured out TD's strategy- just have JP run his a$! off and hope the leg holds up.  ;)

277193[/snapback]

Dont say that you will incur the wrath of all the fans who dont want to hear about the sky falling. ;)

I think I figured out TD's strategy- just have JP run his a$! off and hope the leg holds up.  ;)

277193[/snapback]

This line really scares the sh-- out of me. We are expecting wayyyy too much out of McNally and he's NOT a miracle worker. Yeah, he's good, but nobody can turn sh-- into a solid line.

I would actually be a little more confident if we had Marcus Price on the line still.

The Bills are looking for players that WANT to play for the Bills, and not just for the money. TD is saying "up yours" to the greedy agents and players and I for one whole-heartily support this philosphy. Overpaying for free agents is just plain stupid when there's a salary cap to deal with. TD is making sure were not in salary cap hell when McGahee, Evans and Losman's contracts run out. Don't forget, New England built a heck of a football team with FA scraps.

277199[/snapback]

I support that, too, but NE seems an anamoly...the last hurrah, so to speak. Believe me, I'm not at ALL happy to be so cynical, 1bills. :w00t:

Its interesting, the Bills are clearing the cap space for someone...here's hoping that we can still land Shelton.

At this point, I'd be willing to part with a 3rd rounder for him...keep Teague and center and then draft the best available Guard to compete with Gandy and Tucker for that LG spot.

277172[/snapback]

Iguess we just don`t have enough money to bring in anybody worth anything..the rumour must be true

:w00t:

This line really scares the sh-- out of me.  We are expecting wayyyy too much out of McNally and he's NOT a miracle worker.  Yeah, he's good, but nobody can turn sh-- into a solid line. 

I would actually be a little more confident if we had Marcus Price on the line still.

277214[/snapback]

I agree. I believe the Giants made the same mistake when he was at NY. He's great but, crap, he needs caliber players to work with too to compete in a real tough division.

We still have options...

Bennie Anderson - Ravens - This guy is huge.

277195[/snapback]

He's better than what we have now, but here in Baltimore,

the Ravens are thrilled that they signed Vincent from the Steelers to replace him...

they feel that making that move was a huge upgrade.

He's better than what we have now, but here in Baltimore,

the Ravens are thrilled that they signed Vincent from the Steelers to replace him...

they feel that making that move was a huge upgrade.

277260[/snapback]

Vincent maybe an upgrade to Anderson. But Anderson is a serious upgrade to any guard on our squad except maybe CV. The Ravens have serious firepower on their Oline. The problem is they have no QB and had terrible WR's.