I am starting to have 2nd thoughts

That was quick Rich....you are on the ball today..;)

I think Barnes could start for us...I dont think he will make it to us at our 2nd round pick

276927[/snapback]

The reason why I asked that is because I've been told by so many 'experts' here that you cannot depend on a draftee to start on the offensive line. You just can't. That being the case, why would we move up to draft a backup? 'Experts', you wanna chime in on this one?

Get us a Left Tackle....

I man....JESUS CHRIST.....look at what the premier LT's are getting?  Look how much the SECOND TEIR guys are getting?

I am starting to think that we should use our 2nd rounder and Travis Henry (if possible) and get up to get a guy who can start immediately

276924[/snapback]

What do we have to offer? We have no first round pick, and in case you haven't noticed, nobody wants Travis Henry.

I usually dont post but enjoy the information and comedy here, but a quick thought, in alot of cases arent offensive linemen nobodies who become somebody when a team hasa winning record??? Also, wasnt Mc Nally the offensive line coach of the Giants when they went to the Super Bowl with a bunch of old cast off Offensive linemen including Glenn Parker and another year had a line with like 3 rookie starters and the Giants went to the playoffs??? I just think Jennings though a decent player wasnt worth the money and that a player can be developed in training camp to do the job its not always the big name players that excel, but coaching systems and techniques that make a line good. I would rather have lineman who are willing to learn and play asa unit then the "big name " free agent flavor of the month, to me go low cost alternative thats willing to learn and work on resigning our FA's for next year, there is enough talent to win on this team now its up to coaching and motivation and that falls on Mul;arkey and staff.

I usually dont post but enjoy the information and comedy here, but a quick thought, in alot of cases arent offensive linemen nobodies who become somebody when a team hasa winning record??? Also, wasnt Mc Nally the offensive line coach of the Giants when they went to the Super Bowl with a bunch of old cast off Offensive linemen including Glenn Parker and another year had a line with like 3 rookie starters and the Giants went to the playoffs??? I just think Jennings though a decent player wasnt worth the money and that a player can be developed in training camp to do the job its not always the big name players that excel, but coaching systems and techniques that make a line good. I would rather have lineman who are willing to learn and play asa unit then the "big name " free agent flavor of the month, to me go low cost alternative thats willing to learn and work on resigning our FA's for next year, there is enough talent to win on this team now its up to coaching and motivation and that falls on Mul;arkey and staff.

277013[/snapback]

Yes, you are right. He also coached the 03 Giants who gave up about a billion sacks.

McNally is great. He proved himself to me, but to win in the NFL, teams need talented blockers, and players who can back them up.

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

It's a simple math problem.

We won 9 games last year IN SPITE OF Bledsoe. He's gone.

And we lost 7 games last year BECAUSE OF Bledsoe. He's gone.

We now have JP Losman.

That's an automatic 9 wins!!!

And since it is JP Losman, it certainly is not too much to ask

for us to win at least half of the other 7 games!!!!

That's 13-3.!!! Who needs FAs? I say save the money!!!

With Bledsoe gone FINALLY...automatic Super Bowl.

277013[/snapback]

Yep, that's the thing that all teams hope for. McNally has a good track record. He played for UB in the early '60's, and in addition to his accomplishments with the NY Giants, he was the line coach of some very fine Bengals OL's in the past.

277013[/snapback]

Yep, that's the thing that all teams hope for. McNally has a good track record. He played for UB in the early '60's, and in addition to his accomplishments with the NY Giants, he was the line coach of some very fine Bengals OL's in the past.

The reason why I asked that is because I've been told by so many 'experts' here that you cannot depend on a draftee to start on the offensive line.  You just can't.  That being the case, why would we move up to draft a backup?  'Experts', you wanna chime in on this one?

276952[/snapback]

While I may know a few things about offensive linemen....I am not following the actually OL talent in this draft......

A couple of observations:

- Yes I WOULD draft my LT replacement this year even if we end up going with our last option of sliding Tre Teague over to center

- I would have this rookie start out at LG....play veterans around him.....and then move him to LT the following year

- I would use my first 2 picks in this draft on OL....and I would go LT (moved to LG this year) and OC with my next available pick

The reason WHY I MIGHT think about going LT with that pick is they are just becoming too hard to get ahold of...they cost a mint in FA....and that is if they are not franchised......get the guy in the draft that we want to be our LT THE NEXT YEAR...let him get experience playing at LG......sign him to a 5 year deal......

I am just throwing that out there

While I may know a few things about offensive linemen....I am not following the actually OL talent in this draft......

A couple of observations:

- Yes I WOULD draft my LT replacement this year even if we end up going with our last option of sliding Tre Teague over to center

- I would have this rookie start out at LG....play veterans around him.....and then move him to LT the following year

- I would use my first 2 picks in this draft on OL....and I would go LT (moved to LG this year) and OC with my next available pick

The reason WHY I MIGHT think about going LT with that pick is they are just becoming too hard to get ahold of...they cost a mint in FA....and that is if they are not franchised......get the guy in the draft that we want to be our LT THE NEXT YEAR...let him get experience playing at LG......sign him to a 5 year deal......

I am just throwing that out there

277079[/snapback]

->>>> Yes I WOULD draft my LT replacement this year even if we end up going with our last option of sliding Tre Teague over to center<<<<

You mean sliding him to LT, right bro?

Yeah, this would be the ideal scenario if possible. I am thinking that dealing Henry MIGHT be able to move us down perhaps 5, perhaps 10 spots in round 2.

It is worth thinking about.

It's tough to disagree with that. It seems fair. But, there are those who will tell you that there's no way any rookie OL will be any good for us. You don't need talent, John, all you need to do is ride the pines somewhere until you're no longer a rookie. Yeah, that's it.

->>>> Yes I WOULD draft my LT replacement this year even if we end up going with our last option of sliding Tre Teague over to center<<<<

You mean sliding him to LT, right bro?

Yeah, this would be the ideal scenario if possible. I am thinking that dealing Henry MIGHT be able to move us down perhaps 5, perhaps 10 spots in round 2.

It is worth thinking about.

277088[/snapback]

Yep....that is what I meant Bill..... ;)

Let us hope that Teague CAN SLIDE