Abortion Is Murder!!

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

TeenVogue: Abortion is Funny!!

So glad I don't have a teenage daughter.

I have one in her early 20's.  The trick is in having a strong, robust, ongoing dialogue with your kids about the world; and allowing your own life and choices to serve as an example of how to best live.  It doesn't hurt to raise them with a Christian moral foundation either, and to keep them involved in walking that walk. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

TeenVogue: Abortion is Funny!!

So glad I don't have a teenage daughter.

Uh...no, it's not.  

I know women who've had abortions.  It was almost always a difficult decision, and the woman was usually clinically depressed afterwards.

For those few who weren't, they had serious psychological issues to begin with, which wasn't funny either.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I have one in her early 20's.  The trick is in having a strong, robust, ongoing dialogue with your kids about the world; and allowing your own life and choices to serve as an example of how to best live.  It doesn't hurt to raise them with a Christian moral foundation either, and to keep them involved in walking that walk. 

Completely agree, regardless of gender.  And believe me, in CA, we have something like 37 genders.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

Completely agree, regardless of gender.  And believe me, in CA, we have something like 37 genders.

If, God forbid, I ever move to CA and have to get a driver's license, I'm putting "self-identifying left-handed homeless white hispanic" for gender, and let them figure it out.

Just now, DC Tom said:

Uh...no, it's not.  

I know women who've had abortions.  It was almost always a difficult decision, and the woman was usually clinically depressed afterwards.

For those few who weren't, they had serious psychological issues to begin with, which wasn't funny either.

I simply don't understand the glorification of it. I've known women who had them as well, and it was excruciating for them on multiple levels. 

The idea that you would joke about it or cheer about it is simply mind-boggling.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/2/2018 at 1:27 PM, 3rdnlng said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good wine to go with grilled salmon? I'm thinking of having that this evening along with soft boiled eggs and a garden salad with walnuts.

Can’t go wrong with Chateauneuf-de-Pape

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

I simply don't understand the glorification of it. I've known women who had them as well, and it was excruciating for them on multiple levels. 

The idea that you would joke about it or cheer about it is simply mind-boggling.

It's the same general sort of asininity that gripped the gay community through the 70s: if having unprotected anal sex empowers a gay man, then more unprotected anal sex is more empowering!  Extreme radical feminists have always thought that, if deciding to have an abortion is empowering, then MORE abortions are MORE empowering, thus should be celebrated.

Of course, gays took it to the point in the places like the Castro district that, when faced with a public health system desperately trying to stem the spread of AIDS in their community, considered even the simplest public health measures (such as making information pamphlets freely available in bathhouses) to be "oppression of gays."  They were literally, knowingly ready and willing to die from a horrible disease to protect what to them defined their identity. 

Identity is a very powerful thing.  When you get to that point of radical behavior, where even basic common sense is an attack on the identity of people, they will die defending some very odd hills.